Thread: New Legendary

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt count out a tanking weapon due to a vague('not soon but eventually') blue post just yet. Especially since doing things that they said they werent going to do is one of the chief if not the only staples of Blizzard design.

1 hand agi mace/axe/fist

makes the most sense to me and have it be for enhance shaman/rogues.
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

i dont think they would have a legendary for just 2 classes to use. Seems a bit small. I also dont think they will go as big as a 5 class legendary like they did with dragonwrath. A 3-4 class legendary would seem about right.

Im thinking about dual 1hs with an agility weapon and a str weapon an depending on your class (Frost dk/warrior str, enh shammy/rogue agility) thats the one that goes in your main hand.

it will be a tank one, we are due and it has not been confirmed either way.

i think they will make something like the battered hilt, would make sense, it would be an epic, above all other epics in the game, it will drop in the 3 new dungeans being added, just like they did in wowlk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.
    To True.

2H Agility staff.

With dodge and expertise.

Deleted
    some trinket that useses the highest stat somehow then all can benifit from it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    You are saying it like you think a Caster Staff is not a stat stick, which it very much is. They also mentioned that there would not be a tank legendary in 4.3 (most likely since they haven't gotten around the idea on how to get all tank classes with one legendary) and that it will come in the future. Which leaves the Polearm for Hunter/Druid (since caster had Staff no point with two Staves in a row) or some kind of Agility based one-hander which in my opinion should be equippable by Rogues/Shamans aswell as Hunters.
    Wouldn't work unless they bring out new enchants dual wield is no longer viable for hunters.

---------- Post added 2011-08-31 at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dranion33 View Post
    i dont think they would have a legendary for just 2 classes to use. Seems a bit small. I also dont think they will go as big as a 5 class legendary like they did with dragonwrath. A 3-4 class legendary would seem about right.

Im thinking about dual 1hs with an agility weapon and a str weapon an depending on your class (Frost dk/warrior str, enh shammy/rogue agility) thats the one that goes in your main hand.
    This idea could work.

Tanks might be due, but it would be much to unfair to make a tanking legendary that only pallys and warriors could use since DK dw tank isn't in any way viable.

Deleted
    hmmm i wanna say Polearm, it'd be doable, with strength and agility variations. once you complete the 1st "stage" of the weapon, the following stage has 2 quests to choose from one taking you down a strength version the other an agility version. covering all 2h dps users, hunters and druids.

I'm thinking it'll be an Agility 1h Axe, or most likely an Agility Polearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightswords View Post
    Renowed Demon Soul? = trinket/necklace
    This or
    shield - Husk of Deathwing

10+ Year Old Account
    why dident they do legendaries so they scale with patches/expensions? since i just think its fail that a "anything" in the next expension can outgear it... i think the legendary should scale so its ALWAYS the BiS no matter what ^^

but only incase u got it in that expension it was active ofc, so that 85's cant grind farm the legendaries from 60, 70 or 80 for the lulz

They wont make a trinket cause then everybody would be going after it and would cause rage from many people would have to be class specific

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    Tanking mace:
    1h str mace for pala/warrior
    2h agi mace for druids
    2h str mace for DKs
    Well it'd work and wouldn't be THAT hard to create.
    ^^ So much this! Thinking about previous Legendaries there are only a very few specs that have never had a Legendary - Feral Druids being one of them. The logical thing would be a no to a Legendary tanking weapon, if it was only a 1H sword/mace. But with this idea, letting the tanking classes chose depending on their class, would make a tanking Legendary much more likely.

Think about the "Battered Hilt" in Wrath. How hard was it to pick between the weapons you could use? Would it be less epic if all tanking classes could use this Legendary? I think not. Besides tanking is the only role who haven't had a Legendary - yet. I think it's due time

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    ^^ So much this! Thinking about previous Legendaries there are only a very few specs that have never had a Legendary - Feral Druids being one of them. The logical thing would be a no to a Legendary tanking weapon, if it was only a 1H sword/mace. But with this idea, letting the tanking classes chose depending on their class, would make a tanking Legendary much more likely.

Think about the "Battered Hilt" in Wrath. How hard was it to pick between the weapons you could use? Would it be less epic if all tanking classes could use this Legendary? I think not. Besides tanking is the only role who haven't had a Legendary - yet. I think it's due time
    tanks had thunderfury. ferals had hand of rag.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    a new weapon class: Javelin

using both melee and ranged slots for feral/hunter with obviously increased stats (to match both stat stick + weapon itself and a bonus for being legendary)

will work like a polearm in melee and a Javelin in ranged (can be trasmogrifed maybe if prople don't like it), obviously ferals won't have the ranged part

this will link wow with Diablo2 (Javazon) and will give something new

and the quest chain must require real skill, not bouncing random mobs until you drop X fragments

something new for a class who dropped their unique legendary item over 6 years on a boss downed 2 weeks before the next Xpack

btw will be enough to add our class name (hunter) to the warglaives...they added DKs but left over the only other class who can DW swords, tell me why, WHY! (they are too awesome imo, a must have for the cosmetic equip)

Quote Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
    It'll be for enh shammies/rogues, imo.
    This would be nice .
    An agi mace/axe. It could be better for Melee but still viable for Hunters as a third option, maybe?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be a 1 handed agi axe.

Quote Originally Posted by dranion33 View Post

Glaives were just for 2 classes when they get out..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarragon
    Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics.

I like the one person who claims they've said what it won't be, lol. Nowhere have they said what it will or won't be.

As far as a more "narrow" range of users, tanks are actually pretty narrow when you think about it, compared to most other legendary possible users. In a guild you'll have several melee, casters or healers that can use any given weapon type that would be a legendary. From 5-6 healers to 8-15 of a particular DPS class. Of most in the tank aspect, only 2-3 per guild will there be tanks. Really you don't get much more narrow that than, with still having a large possible class usage range.

Semantics!~