Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Don't know why nobody mentioned Minority Report its considered a sci-fi neo-noir, it's really good and quite deep for a movie Tom Cruise is the playing the main character.I Robot is also a cool sci-fi action film inspired by Isaac Asimov's work.

Scifi/post-apocalyptic movies!
    Start browsing and enjoy
    (just started a "project" of watching every single movie on that list that i havent seen)
    "A wise man once told, Just because you can lift a car over your head and know your strong, does not mean your existance of life is more important than a Beetle who can lift 150 times his own size."
    http://imageshack.us/f/696/ultik.jpg/

Didnt enjoy the original star wars but like The matrix series,district 9 and the crappy remake for the day the earth stood still?How can you like the bad ones and no love the ground breaking movies that defined the genre?

Deleted
    I can't believe noone has mentioned any of the Trek-movies. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you've watched Star Trek (2009), which is a decent movie, although closer to some Michael Bay movie than the older ones.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - A real sci-fi classic. In my personal opinion a lot of it's greatness simply comes from, the not-so-impressive feat of, being better than Star Trek: The Motion Picture. But it's an okay movie and in my opinion something every sci-fi buff should see.
    Star Trek IV: The Journey Home - A lot more comedic and lighthearted than any of the other Trek-films, but surprisingly enjoyable.
    Star Trek (VIII): First Contact - Widely viewed as the best of the Picard-films, and by alot of people viewed as the best Star Trek film. Lots of background for the non-trekkies, but combined with a good script, good CGI, some action and a great soundtrack.

Besides the Trek-films I'd like to recommend:
    The Man From Earth - Extremely simple, yet interesting movie.
    Blade Runner - So many people already mentioned this one, so no need for me to say anything.
    Dune - Same as Blade Runner.

That's just the few I came to think of while browsing this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikzor View Post
    Scifi/post-apocalyptic movies!
    Start browsing and enjoy
    (just started a "project" of watching every single movie on that list that i havent seen)
    There are some really terrible movies on that list. I mean Ghosts of Mars? Might be the worst movie I have ever seen. And that terrible Godzilla movie. There are however some great, lesser known movies like A Boy and his Dog (one of the best post apocalyptic movies ever) and Daywatch/Nightwatch. I think I have seen just about everything on that list as well, cept for the two Russian movies Inhabited Island and its follow up. Going to have to hunt those down.

Quote Originally Posted by Moldaire View Post
    I can't believe noone has mentioned any of the Trek-movies. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you've watched Star Trek (2009), which is a decent movie, although closer to some Michael Bay movie than the older ones.
    Maybe because the 2nd thing on his list is "every single Star Trek movie"

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

10+ Year Old Account
    Event Horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    Event Horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    Event Horizon
    Someone was always going to say it before you if there was 4 pages about sci-fi films

didnt read to see if it's been posted yet but Pandorium is a good sci fi

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't mind animated movies, I'd recomend Titan A.E.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Someone was always going to say it before you if there was 4 pages about sci-fi films
    I was just restating it, for those who missed it.

Really, 4 pages and no one mentioned Fifth Element?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Watch Tron, the original. Try to look at it from a perspective of a future watcher looking back at those times and it's mentality.
    Then watch Tron 2.
    I did that, I bought both Tron and Tron 2 on iTunes, and ive never seen the first before, I enjoyed the first Tron tbh :P

Quote Originally Posted by parrademun View Post
    Really, 4 pages and no one mentioned Fifth Element?
    I did on page 2 but the movie is worthy of having a free bump

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys