Thread: So Bastion...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    Just finished my first play through. Took me 9 hours, sadly I missed 1 upgrade part for my hammer though

Amazing game, I love how it ended (I went for the happy end! :P)
    I both love and hated the way they made you choose! I actually played the ending twice so that I can see both endings!

"He gets up... and falls to his death. Kidding!"

Great game, defintively a thumbs up and strong recommendation from me. While it is an incredibly strong year when it comes to the "game of the year" award, this definitively deserves to be amongst the nominees.

Bastion is simply a wonderful game for your money. The music, style, flair, and gameplay all feel just right.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Staccato View Post
    I both love and hated the way they made you choose! I actually played the ending twice so that I can see both endings!
    Both?!

If the choices have any effect on the other you got 4 endings not 2!

Awesome game, enjoyed it alot.

Sadly it only took me a couple of hours to complete the entire thing
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    Both?!

If the choices have any effect on the other you got 4 endings not 2!
    I chose the 'good' endings first, or rather the 'right' ones. Then I chose the 'selfish' ones after. I don't think there's 4 endings, only 2.

Picked up the game after hearing so much about it.

I didn't play more than an hour, it just didn't suck me in. I did enjoy the narrative style of it though, as well as it has probably some of the best music I've heard in a game. Probably in the top 3.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelyor View Post
    Its more like a 7 or 8 imo. It just doesn't quite click for me like it has for others. I love the story telling mechanic but intensely dislike some aspects of the combat which have largely marred the experience for me.
    I hate it when people say "Oh, there's things I don't like about X game." then proceed to NOT explain what it is. Give some criticism.

I haven't played it but I personally think it looks really fun and can't wait till I do eventually buy it.

I really really REALLY dislike narrator voice. I found the voice itself so annoying that at around 30 minutes I went to menu to look for an option to turn it off. I also didn't much enjoy the "present tense" narration style. "Kid does this, Kid goes there, Kid thinks that..." I'd much prefer more traditional past tense: "Kid did something, then went somewhere, then met someone".
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Played it and completed it asap, awesome game, love the weapons, art style, the narrator and the whole story was pretty sweet.

Oh and i really like games where you can choose your own ending, and i could replay with my op weapons? Yes please.

I loved this game so much
    one of the few I am trying for 100% completion

On my second play through now with every Idol I currently own turned on.... Completely different experience lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game even has a PORTAL REFERENCE IN IT :LSKJF:LSKDFJL:KSDJHF S YES

Quote Originally Posted by Staccato View Post
    The game even has a PORTAL REFERENCE IN IT :LSKJF:LSKDFJL:KSDJHF S YES
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...09B253301782C/

Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Say whaaaat? Haven't seen that before

My opinion is... just read my whole post first, before you get mad. I think the game is a tiny bit overhyped. By that, I mean tiny. It wasn't a "ZOMG BEST GAME EVAR"-game.

But it was still a very good game, and for 16$? It's a steal. Completely worth the money. Saying it's "the best game ever" is a stretch, but saying it's a very good game is as true to home as it gets. Loving it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine today and I was just...I love these developers.

I love this game so much. Everything about it is awesome. I went to pax and met with the developers and got a signed copy of the soundtrack. Easily my best decision of the weekend.
    Humans only. No pony zone.

The game is pretty solid, I'll say that. After playing the demo I was waiting for the narration to slip up, even a tiny bit.

It never does.

So yes. Pretty solid.

Deleted
    These sort of games give hope for the future of gaming. Doesn't need to have multimillion budgets to be a great game.