Thread: So Bastion...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Really impressed by Bastion (and Braid, as it happens). Music, voiceover, gameplay, technical design and artistic direction were all excellent, regardless of budget. The ability to customise your weapons, your character (to some limited degree, with spirits) and even your enemies (with shrine idols) is impressive for the simple style of gameplay it boasts. It allows the player to play through it at the most simple level, yet offers the ability to increase complexity and difficulty.

In the end of my first playthrough, I chose Zulf and then to Continue. Now, I'll go back with + and CC everything!
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

I bought this game based on reading this forum post.

You guys didn't disappoint. Great game, great music, great story, great narration. Definately worth the purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished it. Bought it based on this thread.

No words. It was beautiful, to put it lightly.

Goddamit though, the ending. I feel so distraught.
    Last edited by Xothic; 2011-09-06 at 08:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Almost finished with my second play through and I have discovered something awesome.

The fully upgraded Breakers Bow is the most op weapon in the game. If it had a blast radius to it, it would rival the Calamity Canon. I sat in the corner of the first reflection and didn't move, just fired off super charged arrows and beat the whole thing. It was laughable. I turned on all of the Idols (except health regen - fuck that one and potion drops), grabbed the Gel canister secret move and tried it again. I sat in the corner, surrounded by portal turrets and just let arrows fly. Yet again, I had little trouble. A couple of times they turned to air or reflected the damage so they encroached my camp a little but the hammer as the OH is good back up for one shots. Black tonics drop between rounds so you just replace your portal turrets and start firing off arrows again.

Wonderful game. Narrators voice is awesome and the gunslinger type music in game is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Almost finished with my second play through and I have discovered something awesome.

The fully upgraded Breakers Bow is the most op weapon in the game. If it had a blast radius to it, it would rival the Calamity Canon. I sat in the corner of the first reflection and didn't move, just fired off super charged arrows and beat the whole thing. It was laughable. I turned on all of the Idols (except health regen - fuck that one and potion drops), grabbed the Gel canister secret move and tried it again. I sat in the corner, surrounded by portal turrets and just let arrows fly. Yet again, I had little trouble. A couple of times they turned to air or reflected the damage so they encroached my camp a little but the hammer as the OH is good back up for one shots. Black tonics drop between rounds so you just replace your portal turrets and start firing off arrows again.
    First its the shotgun now its the bow make up your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    First its the shotgun now its the bow make up your mind!
    Well tbh the shotgun is still op but with Idols on, it loses it's shine as a main weapon. Don;t get me wrong, I played the whole first time through using the shotgun as my main hand. AFter going for the achievements with the various weapons I found the bow to just be stupidly broken (pun).

You could essentially use both and be a wreaking machine. The shotgun with knockback x2 and cripple is super powerful. Toss in the strength, speed and piercing of the bow and you have a nasty combo.

It's starting to wear on me though and I feel the itch to play other new games. Twas a great game though and it's cool to see others buy it due to our reviews and comments in this thread.

First let me be the one to bring attention towards...the fact nearly everyone in this thread on mmo-champ gave it a positive review but a great positive review. Should be a testament alone, considering there is usually always a divide on anything.

What to say about Bastion, What not not to say? The game is nothing short of amazing, Currently Best game of 2011 and the only thing I see challenging that maaaaybe is D3. This game has quickly won me over and I feel could be a contender for a long time to come. Love the Narration, voice acting, style and the fact it opens up playing w/o reading or crazy long cut scenes. I hope this gets adopted in more games to come. Game play, Soundtrack, Feel pretty much all game categories traditionally reviewed 9 across the board.

Love the fact there is a new game plus mode, and allows to go back and be 100%. God Idols are a great touch gives the player complete control on how/when difficult the game is to you. My only tiny bit complaint is the game ended sooner then I'd like, but I strongly feel it was a good length....I just wanted more and a lot more, couldn't get enough. As this is their first game I feel they not only hit this one out of the park, but hopefully leading the trail for other games to come.

here's hoping for a sequel or at least some DLC. Overall 9/10, Worth the price entirely, pick it up for those who are on the fence.
    Last edited by LegendsnDreamz; 2011-09-06 at 03:38 PM.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

My entire first playthrough was with the Breakers Bow, and when I received it, the War Machete. After I got grenades, I didn't bother with any other special skills either.

This was with two of the idols up (of the original four, it was the two that were not regen/revenge).
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Since I don't want to create a new thread...

Bastion is 50% off on steam this week! Well worth it if you were still considering buying it...!
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

NIIIIIIIIICE. Thank you for the heads up. Perfect gifting game.

It's amazing. It's art style is unique and how the land loads is simply amazing! I also can't capitalize on the music enough, it's extremely good. The combat is freaking amazing!

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    Since I don't want to create a new thread...

Bastion is 50% off on steam this week! Well worth it if you were still considering buying it...!
    Yep until thursday! I'm glad I waited a few days to buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Riathy View Post
    Or buy it for a friend that might overlook it ? They'll love you.