4pc gear choices

7/7N guild, starting to work on heroics and making decent progress and could see some of the easier 3 dieing soon. Would it be best to go 4pc + Beth chest since it + tier legs are easier heroic pieces to get? Wondering which specs this would be best for since I switch spec a lot. Or should I stick with 4pc+aly legs for aff and 4pc+ beth chest for demo

if u see yourself doing the easier 3 heroics then you would be able to get heroic tier legs(shannox), heroic tier chest(alysrazor). i think for demo u get tier helm/chest/leg/shoulders with rag gloves. affliction tier helm/chest/gloves/shoulders with heroic aly legs. beth is not 1 of the easier heroics in 10man so you wouldnt be able to get 391 off piece chest.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

It depends what you expect to kill.

Personally I don't expect to kill Rag HC, so my "BiS" list includes the other 4 heroic tier pieces plus the heroic helm from rhyolith, that way I have a heroic piece in every tier slot.

If you expect to be missing multiple heroic bosses then you need to figure out each possible combination of tier + non-tier pieces and run them all through simcraft to figure out which one is the best. I suspect that you'll find yourself having either your helm or gloves as your BiS non-tier piece.

6/7h and won't be getting rag for a while - I would be running rhyo hat + heroic tier for other slots until we kill rag ideally - but we have only had one rhyo hat drop so far - and it was spirit -.-

take ryo hc head and the rest tier set.....but you need 6/7 hc for that

if u dont get lucky with rhyo head (only seen one drop so far and i passed and havent seen another since) beth chest or alys legs are pretty good, but if ur only dealing with normal mode gear i'd use sinestra helm as ur offset piece
    Last edited by Sabsy; 2011-09-01 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    sticking with ryo helm but waiting for the hit mastery version to drop since its itemized better using the haste mastery version atm.
    Edit: we've had about 10 helms drop from ryolith so far and saw the hit mastery version once and it went to a mage who gquit over not getting the legendary lol
    Last edited by kushlol; 2011-09-01 at 11:23 PM.

Made by dubbelbasse

I got the haste/crit version (of the fireflash) awhile ago. Even though head is a better tier piece most of us will never see it in heroic. Go w/ the rhyo head and use the other 4 as your tier pieces. Rhyo helms seem to drop all the time.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by avengingbt View Post
    It depends what you expect to kill.

Personally I don't expect to kill Rag HC, so my "BiS" list includes the other 4 heroic tier pieces plus the heroic helm from rhyolith, that way I have a heroic piece in every tier slot.

If you expect to be missing multiple heroic bosses then you need to figure out each possible combination of tier + non-tier pieces and run them all through simcraft to figure out which one is the best. I suspect that you'll find yourself having either your helm or gloves as your BiS non-tier piece.
    Just going by that design is pure and simple.... stupid. The design you want to use is based on the stats the gear gives you vs. your current stat weights. The only reason I currently use the Heroic Rhyolith helm is because I haven't been able to get the tier helm. All 3 specs for warlocks use tier helm as best in slot just because of the secondary stats it provides vs. the secondary stats the off-pieces for alternative slots offer. I believe affliction and demo use tier helm/chest/shoulders/pants for 4p w/ Rag gloves as off-piece, and Destro uses tier helm/shoulders/chest/gloves w/ pants as off-piece.

And to add, haste is very important at these higher gear levels for Destro untill you hit your 30% haste breakpoint on Immolate. This is due to how conflag works with calculating damage based on the ticks of Immolate. With Demo, you'll want to hit your 25% haste breakpoint for Corruption and then start stacking Mastery. And with affliction, while haste is king, it isn't as important to hit your 30% breakpoint for UA. So you'll want to keep a nice balance of haste and mastery. Also, don't be affraid to drop below the hard hit cap to pickup Intellect. My affliction gear drops me to about 16.54% hit.
    Last edited by DemonlockMG; 2011-09-02 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonlockMG View Post
    Just going by that design is pure and simple.... stupid. The design you want to use is based on the stats the gear gives you vs. your current stat weights. The only reason I currently use the Heroic Rhyolith helm is because I haven't been able to get the tier helm. All 3 specs for warlocks use tier helm as best in slot just because of the secondary stats it provides vs. the secondary stats the off-pieces for alternative slots offer. I believe affliction and demo use tier helm/chest/shoulders/pants for 4p w/ Rag gloves as off-piece, and Destro uses tier helm/shoulders/chest/gloves w/ pants as off-piece.

And to add, haste is very important at these higher gear levels for Destro untill you hit your 30% haste breakpoint on Immolate. This is due to how conflag works with calculating damage based on the ticks of Immolate. With Demo, you'll want to hit your 25% haste breakpoint for Corruption and then start stacking Mastery. And with affliction, while haste is king, it isn't as important to hit your 30% breakpoint for UA. So you'll want to keep a nice balance of haste and mastery. Also, don't be affraid to drop below the hard hit cap to pickup Intellect. My affliction gear drops me to about 16.54% hit.
    You're completely missing the point. Of course if you can kill 7/7 heroic then you're going to use the heroic tier helm and heroic rag gloves, but if you know that you're not going to kill it then you'd be pretty stupid to just use the normal versions instead.

Think about it, if you can kill 6/7 heroic:

391 Helm from rhyo
    391 Tier Shoulders
    391 Tier Gloves
    391 Tier Legs
    391 Tier Chest

VS

378 Tier helm
    391 Tier Shoulders
    391 Tier Chest
    391 Tier Legs
    384 Rag gloves

It's not even close.. obviously the itemisation is different but the total stat gain is pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonlockMG View Post

I really wish warlocks such as yourself would stop spewing out false information. For starters, until you have heroic rag down the rhyo helm will be your best in slot off-piece for all specs. The intellect gain from the 391 helm vs the 378 makes it superior than the minuscule stats you get from having to wear a "bad" tier piece (aka legs for aff for example).

Secondly, stacking haste as demo is technically not the way to go if you are trying to maximize your dps. Ideally, you should have chalice which greatly reduces the value of haste as you dont want meta coming up super early as it needs to be used on CD with meta.

And last but not least all warlock specs use the heroic rag gloves as their off-set piece~