Thread: Headphones

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Headphones

I am looking for a good pair of headphones at a maximum of 80$

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, also any past experiences you have had or headphones to stay away from would also be appreciated!

Bose Triport Over Ear Headphones are fantastic, if you're willing to pay about twice your limit of $80.

But JVC offers some good headphones for around $50

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I am looking for a good pair of headphones at a maximum of 80$

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, also any past experiences you have had or headphones to stay away from would also be appreciated!
    I believe Audio Technicas and Seinheisers have pretty good Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Bose
    Bose is shit, you're paying for a brand name and packaging. Same thing with Skullcandy.

See if this link works for you, OP:

http://www.headphonereviews.org/wiza...rtColumn=price

For my money, I'd go with the Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-7506. Good construction, and really nice sound, AND it falls in your budget.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=U...ony%20MDR-7506

OP. Grado SR60i. Amazing for the price.
    Also, Ponyguy, DAT song in your sig.... I'm at a loss of words
    Last edited by Keller; 2011-09-01 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    OP. Grado SR60i. Amazing for the price.
    How did I forgot these? Listen to this man, OP.

Don't go hella expensive. You can get some nice skullcandy's for $70, possibly even cheaper, that sound exactly like some $200 Dr Dre Beats. I know this for a fact, I have the skullcandy while my friend has the Beats. No difference. Just depends how much you want to spend on a name

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Jomaty View Post
    Don't go hella expensive. You can get some nice skullcandy's for 70 dollars that sound exactly like some 200 Dr Dre Beats. I know this for a fact, I have the skullcandy while my friend has the Beats. No difference. Just depends how much you want to spend on a name
    That's because they're both overpriced shit. You should never spend on a name, you should spend on quality.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    That's because they're both overpriced shit. You should never spend on a name, you should spend on quality.
    Exactly. I will pay for good sound, I have been with skullcandy for several years now. There isn't another brand I would take over them. Hell I have a $20 back up set in case my more expensive ones short out or something and they sound good. Not as good as the $50-70 ones, but they sound amazing for the price you pay.

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Don't go hella expensive. You can get some nice skullcandy's for $70, possibly even cheaper, that sound exactly like some $200 Dr Dre Beats. I know this for a fact, I have the skullcandy while my friend has the Beats. No difference. Just depends how much you want to spend on a name
    The problem here is both of your spent money on overpriced, overhyped s4!t.

The beats especially are a pretty mundane pair of "slightly better than the crap most people use" headphone with dre's name slapped on it (and i'm sure he takes a very healthy cut) and the price blown up by about 400%. They are TOTALLY a name, nothing else.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2011-09-01 at 12:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Exactly. I will pay for good sound, I have been with skullcandy for several years now. There isn't another brand I would take over them. Hell I have a $20 back up set in case my more expensive ones short out or something and they sound good. Not as good as the $50-70 ones, but they sound amazing for the price you pay.
    You ain't heard nothin' if you think skullcandies sound good.

Just for another suggestion the goldring NS1000 MIGHT be found in your price range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Sennheisers are what I use for hifi listening. I have some really decent ones from the 70s that cant be beat for sound, but they make my ears hot in summer, so I got some HD437's which are really comfortable and sound good. They were pretty cheap I think, about £50.

a review if you are interested http://www.cameratim.com/reviews/aud...er-headphones/
    Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2011-09-01 at 12:28 AM.

If Skullcandy's are as bad as Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, then I wonder why people still buy those... I tested the €200 Dr. Dre headphone in the store last week, it was just noise compared to the HD595... Which costs €140......

That rebuttal pretty much sums it up. I'm willing to bet you haven't even tried listening to brands other than Skullcandy.

Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    Sennheisers are what I use for hifi listening. I have some really decent ones from the 70s that cant be beat for sound, but they make my ears hot in summer, so I got some HD437's which are really comfortable and sound good. They were pretty cheap I think, about £50.
    Same thing, got really old pair o' phones, but it's made in the USSR - Aka Not even remotely compatible with the human head.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    If Skullcandy's are as bad as Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, then I wonder why people still buy those
    Yup, just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    If Skullcandy's are as bad as Beats by Dr. Dre headphones, then I wonder why people still buy those... I tested the €200 Dr. Dre headphone in the store last week, it was just noise compared to the HD595... Which costs €140......
    Dude, it's meta-marketing, the same thing that apple does - all 3 companies market items both as functional pieces of technology( Although flawed ) and as a fashion acessory. These kind of companies seem to be getting the best profit margins due to using parts costing way less money.
    Last edited by Keller; 2011-09-01 at 12:34 AM.

Deleted
    Same thing, got really old pair o' phones, but it's made in the USSR - Aka Not even remotely compatible with the human head.
    because in soviet russia headphones wear you.

these are the old ones I have, they sound really good. HD-424

Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2011-09-01 at 12:35 AM.

Dude, it's meta-marketing, the same thing that apple does - all 3 companies market items both as functional pieces of technology( Although flawed ) and as a fashion acessory. These kind of companies seem to be getting the best profit margins.
    I'm not really the "follow the hype" type of guy... And I also don't get people who do that, especially with stuff that costs €100+