Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help my guild defeat HC Lord Rhyolith

having major problems with HM Lord RNG our logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=52558 Our Set up

Tank
    1 PPally
    DPS
    1 FDK
    1 Arcane Mage
    1 Demo Lock
    1 Boomkin (Normally our healer and has mostly heal gear on when in this encounter so his DPS is low)
    1 Feral Druid
    1 Fury Warrior
    1 Marksman Hunter
    Healer
    1 Resto Shaman (Tank healer)
    1 Holy Priest (Raid Healer)

basically it goes like this tank picks up Sparks and Fragments Demo lock is told he can single man the fragments, but he can't everytime. We have the four Range kill the Spark but it never seems to go down fast enough by the Co GM's standards. We constantly have three melee drive Lord Rhyolith, The rest of the DPS is to slow the Slimes and kill the fragments and kill the Sparks. My Co-GM says it's a DPS problem I say it is to an *extent* but I also think it's a priority problem. I mean 7 DPS shouldn't have this kind of problems. Please help me help my guild. Thank you.

Note: I will be on and off today to answer questions for I'm at work. I appreciate any help that can be given.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would go with a raidsetup more like -> http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

And you should really use a resto druid instead of a resto shaman.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The way we do it, is everyone stack on the legs. Faster aoe for the fragments, specially with a feral druid in there. The aoe will also kill most slimes. And as long as the Sparks dies before the next spawn of adds comes it's not a problem.

let the slimes be killed by the melee when they get close to the legs - cleaves and aoes can finish them off pretty quickly

take the fragments to the boss' legs so the melee can cleave them - again they go down pretty fast with minimal dps loss and dont really need to be slowed.

as for the sparks - just pump your dps and remember you dont have to kill the last spark that spawns before the transition - it will just despawn when he goes molten shiny form.

on a side note; restoration and balance druid gear is almost the same. there is no reason why your resto druid shouldnt be pushing 25k+ dps in his healing gear.

remove rsham and get a rdruid in it, it's like 10 times better.

+ all distances should switch on fragments and the spark, just assign 3 people on the legs and don't forget to bloodlust when the boss is low on stack (15 / 20 stacks of armor) and around 50% hp

oh and almost forgot, get your boomkin to bump all the obsidian shits if there are many around the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Xaarn View Post
    I would go with a raidsetup more like -> http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

And you should really use a resto druid instead of a resto shaman.
    he didnt mention problems with healing so i assume healing is fine.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 312guiltyspark View Post
    he didnt mention problems with healing so i assume healing is fine.
    Considering the balance druid they are useing is bad geared and ussaly goes resto, use him as resto.
    Resto druids are way better than resto shamans atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaarn View Post
    Considering the balance druid they are useing is bad geared and ussaly goes resto, use him as resto.
    Resto druids are way better than resto shamans atm.
    he didnt say bad geared at all. he said hes using resto gear. my main is a resto druid - i use resto gear on ragnaros heroic
    i pull 22-25k dps WIHOUT regemming or reforging .
    so there is no reason for this druid to be doing terrible dps. give him a balance guide and teach him how to play and he will be more useful as a balance druid than as resto for this fight.

Deleted
    We one shot him every week with this strategy :
    - 2 melees drive the boss
    - 5 ranged nuke the spark as soon as it pops (we already did it with 3 melees and only 4 ranged like you)
    - Our Frost DK slows the blobs that come a bit close
    - When there is a pack of blobs, we stack the fragments on them and it's AoE fest

At around 3:30, the third spark should be dead (or almost dead ?), all the ranged DPS start nuking the boss, the next spark will be tanked until P2.
    We quickly kill the next waves of fragments, while still nuking the boss.
    At 4:00 the bloodlust starts and we keep on nuking the boss, which should enter phase 2 around 4:30, and then it's pretty much won.

10+ Year Old Account
    We run a similar DPS setup to you. I would suggest the following:

Warrior, Hunter, Druid, DK on legs.

Mage on Spark

Lock on fragments

Boomkin can help where needed.

Lock can tank the fragments fine with Meta popped but you probably want the DK tanking them when Meta isnt up. He can help on all of them as well. Boomkin can help with mushrooms as well.

Have boomkin/lock dual dot the legs and intelligently dps the legs when adds are down. Don't just spam nuke 1 leg only; balance it.

Ignore the obsidiums. If the DK is helping on fragments alot of them should be slowed from howling blast. Have the druid typhoon them back if you get a big group close to the boss.

Unless your dps get it together really quick on your first kill, you want to bloodlust when the 4th spark comes out. After you get a feel for it better and can up the dps on furture attempts you will be able to dps the boss lower and will be able to pop it and start pushing before the 4th even spawns.

our setup is....
    1 Feral Tank (sometimes Blood DK while druid steers)
    1 H Pally
    1 Resto Sham
    1 MM Hunter
    2 Demo Locks (sometimes 1 and/or Frost DK)
    1 Boomkin
    1 Arcane Mage
    1 Spriest

That being said, the boomkin and spriest handle the fragments, and the demo locks handle the oozes. Everyone popped the sparks, while the hunter, mage, frost dk handle the legs. Depending on how good/awful your drivers are we usually have about 1:30-2:00 on superheated when we start burning, maybe a bit less at times. But after we push him over just don't get smashed by lasers and use cd's for the stomps and you win

Six stacks of superheated on your first try before you wiped, surviving that many stacks and that long past the first superheated is fairly amazing.

Where will the fragments be tanked? At the group or away of it? At least if the spark is NOT currently there, tank them at the group,
    then the Arcane Mage (if he got AOE specced) can do great things here. When I play this encounter I am on spark when it is there,
    and on Fragments if not (using ABx4AOEAOEAOEABAOEAOEAOE..., of course this only works in close combat range).

@Kazuku65: Wasting an Arcmage on the legs is a mistake. They do lots of dmg on the adds. We had 2 mages on the adds, hunter + 2 melees on the legs (myselves as arcmage on our HC firstkill I was #1 on dps, at 98% on ranking info on worldoflogs). Note that shadows and boomkins are also great on adds, and I see on the OP's list that they have a boomkin.

Deleted
    Our setup is

1 PPala (me)
    1 Restoshaman (raid healing)
    1 Disc priest (tank)
    1 boomkin
    1 shadowpriest
    1 feral druid
    1 rogue
    1 furry warrior ( this is the offtank)
    1 frostdk
    1 Arcane mage

The rogue warrior are constant on the legs with the boomkin helping if the big add is not up, I am tanking the fragments in the middle when the spark is not up and they get killed with the help of the feral druid frost dk and the shadow priest, when spark is up its just the arcane mage en shadowpriest and the boomkin if needed, and we pop timewarp/hero when the 4th spark add spawm and then its just gather on 1 place and use the cd on the right times
    Last edited by mmoc7b201a41d6; 2011-09-01 at 01:51 PM.

Wow you guys have been a huge help, we don't persay have a healing problem when the DPS doesn't stand in the lines (magma flow) you can look at our HPS we're not lacking in HPS. We're lacking on DPS. I agree the boomkin should be doing more, but he said he's doing everything he can. (By the way I left my logs up so you can see what everyone is doing in DPS)

My Co GM says the Lock should be able to single handle the fragments. So from an earlier post are you saying only the mage should be taking on the Spark by himself? and let either the DK or Fury or Lock (when his demon form is up) the fragments instead of the tank?

note: some say BL when the 4th spark is up but by the time the 4th spark is up usually is when Lord Rhyolith becomes Super heated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    note: some say BL when the 4th spark is up but by the time the 4th spark is up usually is when Lord Rhyolith becomes Super heated.
    its about on how much % lord is, also how fast u get him into phase 2 into part how faster how better, also the luck of the rng of active vulconos to drops his stacks

We pull the fragments into melee range for aoe nukeage and they go down in about 4 seconds.
    We all (except people on legs) nuke the spark when it comes up and that goes down in about 10 seconds.
    We only have 2 people dedicated on the legs and everyone else nukes/helps each leg when needed.
    At 45% blow hero and nuke one leg into P2, pop raid cooldowns = win.
    Last edited by xStevooo; 2011-09-01 at 01:57 PM.

The most important part of the fight is to transition the boss at 4:30 the most. If you do that, phase 2 is just like normal mode, it WILL die. All your strategic changes should revolve around being able to transition at that point. If you want a good reference for the 4:30 mark, you have to transition before the fragments after the 4th spark spawns (ignore the spark and the fragments, they will despawn in p2)

Anything you can do to improve leg DPS (aoe close the legs, have your ranged dps understand that numbers are irrelevant on that fight so AOE is not that important) will make the fight super easy.
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

Deleted
    also iceblock, bubble ,disper is nice when ur raid is near dead and boss also so dots can finish it off, when u get in such situation
    Last edited by mmoc7b201a41d6; 2011-09-01 at 02:03 PM.

What I'd do is assign 2 full time drivers and 1 backup to help with big turns, everyone else on whatever add is alive. As long as you manage to kill each spark before the next set of fragments spawning, and killing the first set of fragments before the second one, you're fine. I'm not sure how your leader gauges the DPS requirement on spark/fragment killing. Lastly, do NOT focus on killing the liquids, let accidental AoE and utilize knockbacks on them. I saw someone above mention the 4:30 marker, so I won't expand on that:].
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho