High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

which inner to use as disc?

title asks it all. inner will or inner fire? (sry jus got back to playing my priest, its been a while)

Depends on the fight, more AoE healing fight where you have to glyph for PoH and you're casting it a bunch = Fire. Lots of single target heals (w\o much bubbling) = Fire. Movement fight? = Will. Lots of bubbleing? Will. Renewing for some reason? Will. YOU WANT POM!?!!! Will.

Basically it's largely based on a case-by-case basis. Depends on what you're doing. And you be afraid to switch mid fight. (It costs no mana.) But remember it is a Global :O!

Deleted
    When moving, like when fleeing from Rag's meteors, inner will. The rest of cases, IF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Zel said, depends on the fight, IF most of the time as Disc. When you need to PW:S, IW is the better buff. Keep in mind the boot run speed enchant and IW don't stack.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ire+inner+will
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ire+inner+will

Deleted
    I'm in FIRE for every fight so far in Firelands, haven't been on any fight yet where the reduced mana cost / run speed is needed.
    Last edited by mmoc3ec86ffce9; 2011-09-01 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Usually keep inner fire unless if there's extended insta-casting due. Do other people alternate between the 2 through a fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I said this on one of the other inner threads; I haven't needed inner will for anything in firelands. Your normal runspeed is more than adequate for running away from Rag meteors, tornadoes, traps, and kitty cat puddles.

The only fight where I've been tempted to switch to inner will is heroic domo during the orb phase simply because I'm using more instant casts during that time but since my mana usually isn't an issue, I don't.

Deleted
    why to choose only one in a fight when u can have the benefit of both ?

I pretty much always use IW, for me at least it's around 800mp5 (+50 haste) in exchange for 500sp (+35 mastery). I find this a reasonable trade but YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikayo View Post
    I think I said this on one of the other inner threads; I haven't needed inner will for anything in firelands. Your normal runspeed is more than adequate for running away from Rag meteors, tornadoes, traps, and kitty cat puddles.

The only fight where I've been tempted to switch to inner will is heroic domo during the orb phase simply because I'm using more instant casts during that time but since my mana usually isn't an issue, I don't.
    IW isn't really for the run speed boost. it's to reduce the amount of time you're on-the-move (lower throughput) while improving your on-the-move effic. If you use IW for standing throughput you'd have to be shielding quite a lot, probably around 30% of your casts.

You lose a little throughput switching to IW (loss of 2 GCD + SP) but gain a ton of on-the-move effic.

I've started acting like it's only ever worth switching to IW if I can do so pre-emptively for a semi long run (without wasting any useful activity time on either side of it). Any other time lavawalker is probably better.

I've said it differently at other times though.

Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    IW isn't really for the run speed boost. it's to reduce the amount of time you're on-the-move (lower throughput) while improving your on-the-move effic. If you use IW for standing throughput you'd have to be shielding quite a lot, probably around 30% of your casts.

You lose a little throughput switching to IW (loss of 2 GCD + SP) but gain a ton of on-the-move effic.

I've started acting like it's only ever worth switching to IW if I can do so pre-emptively for a semi long run (without wasting any useful activity time on either side of it). Any other time lavawalker is probably better.

Pretty much this, I usually only use it for like "oh I've got a lot of extra mana spam 5+ PW:S" and use lavawalker anyway for the other 90% of the time. Plus keep in mind you take 10% less physical damage and 6% less spell damage with inner fire up from the armor and inner sanctum.

Deleted
    I mainly use IW for the mana reduction, the lower cost outweighs the fairly small SP buff from IF pretty quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post

I've never thought of it that way; however I can't think of any encounters in which gaining 1-2 sec worth of standing throughput (& on-the-move effic.) would be worth 2GCD. You're right, I just can't think of a FL encounter in which making the switch would be worth it/needed (for me).

Innerwill: Raid healing or longer fights generally speaking.

Inner Fire: Tank healing , short fights or fights with mana regen mechanics (alysrazor). Also if your mp5 can support it then it is superior in general.