Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I have dates on my screenies....and there are 40 guys in them...all in the gear equivalent to the time.
    That's cool, but at the very beginning of my post, in bold, I said besides screenshots.

I use to keep a portfolio of every character being screened shotted every 10 levels. I wonder what happen to that folder >.>

Well, considering I only play about 3 days a week for about 4 hours with a guild I've played with since MC, I never get that question. I think the last time I grouped with someone outside of my guild was a year ago and that was because I needed to test my UI out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although not entirely accurate, the Fifth Element feat of strength achieved on the date that achievements went live would be a fairly close indicator that they at least had MC raidin experience.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Last time I checked it was a feat of strength for completing the lvl 60 version of Onyxia. I'm not sure if it could be attained if you downed her during BC though (although I doubt very many people would've done it anyway besides to see if they could duo or solo it). I have it on my priest for 10/16/2008; however I know I downed her long before that date and suspect that's when achieves were introduced (I have two or three others with that exact date as well).

I also have Benediction on my priest as well, so that must amount to something? (as far as I understand, the eye of divinity is currently unavailable in-game; although it still exists for anyone who may've had it just laying around).
    I have the lvl 60 Onyxia feat of strength on my DK. As long as you killed Ony prior to them adding the new Ony in Wrath, you got the FoS.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

I understand the reason behind the question, and the absolute answer is no. Screenshots are the ONLY way to prove it because in TBC you could go back and get any item. All of it was completely untouched untill Wrath, so any item you could get from Vanilla raids you could easily farm. I guess Ateish would take way to long to complete, Or the single necklace drop of the Bindings(First legendary), or Tier 3. they are the only exceptions Tier 3 was doable but the mats would be so annoying to do post TBC cant imagine too many people did it.

but my reply would be, i couldn't care less if people didnt believe me. the experience of doing it and actually being there is all i need. And it makes me happy to know i was a part of it.

There is a way to prove you were level 60 around the time of vanilla on wow census but that doesnt really help.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Back then, the only thing you needed was time. Now, you need skill. You're not getting Grand Marshall unless you are good at PvP. That wasn't the case back in Classic.

The current implementation is much better.
    You do understand how people learn things the more they do it right? Do you have any idea the amount of grinding it took to reach Grand Marshall in vanilla? it was incredibly painful. Anyone who did it automatically became very skilled by default. And there was only 1 person who could reach it at a time.

Now that people have been playing for years and years and all strategies are leant and classes are balanced and people study the game it makes it completely different. Back then there was little data mining, tthotbot was useless, forums were crap, there were a minute amount of websites about the game compared to now. You just had to figure it out yourself.

Now you can google class guides and everything is laid out. PvP gearing is all set out and very easy to understand. Old system was alot more fun imo.
    Last edited by Sikizim; 2011-10-05 at 01:28 AM.

How about old DKP records of loot received, points gained, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    I have actually seen application formats from numerous high-end guilds that still to this day want to you to show that you have had experience back in classic.[COLOR="red"]

We honestly had a Paladin that literally stood there and spent more time afk than he actually did active in a fight. We jokingly called him "The Pylon"
    That's because he was only there to buff 39 other people every 5 minutes

The old pvp titles are shown as feats of strength with the dates being the achievement system patch date, 10.16.2008. Rbg's weren't out then.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Can't you get the PvP titles with rated BG's now?
    Not if you don't have the achieve.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Legendary neck that dropped once is the only thing I can think of.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17782

Edit: Theory time:
    If you had an alt warlock or hunter. And were in ZG, and dismissed your pet with the disease... I wonder if it would still be there if you had never pulled that pet out between now and when they removed pets being able to get the disease.
    Last edited by Annoying; 2011-10-05 at 08:45 AM.