Trouble with Orbs on H Majordomo (25man)

For the past few nights, we have been struggling with the orb phase. We always lose a few people, despite have 13 ranged (healers + dps) that could help out. I'm wondering what strats most people employ.

Do you assign teams? Do you just let the ranged figure it out on the fly over Mumble?

What have you found to work well for your group?

Deleted
    I dont know about heroic, my group just started hcs downing shannox yesterday, but for normal we found it much easier to do it on the fly over mumble. So long as someone says "X is taking one orb with Y" there shouldnt be a problem. Its all about communication really. The problem with teams is that one player may be next to an orb while the other on the same team may be half way across the area or get split up by leaps.

Deleted
    First of all it would be nice what classes those 13 ranged and other ppl are, and asign ppl in group which take one orb

Pull the boss to the far corner before starting the orb phase.

Use one mage/hunter at a time to soak 100% of the orbs for 7 seconds each. If done properly your soakers take ZERO damage and everybody else can keep concentration up.

Pulling the boss to the corner or back up to the stairs, and then back out to the center again is a good way of getting the orbs bunched up. Then you can use several classes to soak all of them - hunters with deterrence can soak the orbs without taking damage or gaining stacks of the DoT, mages in iceblock can as well, though they do gain stacks, and as such need to have somebody else take over for them with 4 seconds left on iceblock. Spriests with dispersion can take them for a little while, paladins with bubble, DKs with AMS... many ways to handle orb soaking.

While the stacking strat can be awesome, it can also be frustrating. I decided not to go that route with my guild after watching countless videos where it works, but then the 2nd time it does not. What I did is assigned 5 pairs. The first person in each pair had a damage reduction possibility (barkskin, ice block, or something like that). They would get to an orb and start soaking by standing under it and "claiming" it. There partner would then make there way over and assist. By having people with a dmg reduct going for it first, they could survive a couple of ticks from 2 if necessary. I was skeptical about this strat at first, but we were able to get the kill in 1 night of solid attempts this way.