10 man heroic Majordomo

Hello guys and gals,

My guild and I are going to be putting in our first attempts on Domo heroic tonight and I was curious what strat most guilds are finding the easiest.

We will have three melee for this fight since our tank will be dps and I was wondering if its easier to keep three out and soak scorpion phase with 7 or just skip scorpion altogether. I've been reading starts for both ways and I just wanted the general consensus of the community.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

10+ Year Old Account
    We made good progress using the conventional/normal strat (1 tank obv, and 3 heals, with this comp ). Killed it in maybe 10-15 pulls. Just make sure you handle orbs effectively, use immunity classes if you have then, and get ready for a pounce/leap on a personal tanking an orb. If you handle that well and have effective dps, y'all should have a kill. Good luck and have fun.
    Last edited by PhilCosby; 2011-09-01 at 04:35 PM.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

I'd suggest doing the 2 heal tactic with taking no scorpion scythes and 7 cat leaps.
    So begin with scorpion phase and around 70 energy everyone spreads and then just take 7 leaps and stack up again and rinse and repeat.
    Overall raid dps will be much higher than other tactics and the only real phase where you need much healing is with the burning orbs.

For the rest this fight is just a cakewalk.

15+ Year Old Account
    We just use a very straight forward strategy that involves taking scorpion phases.

We have two DPS and a good raid topping healer out of the group, take about 10 scorpion cleaves before spreading, take about 7-10 leaps before stacking, 3 cleaves before spreading, 5-9 leaps before stacking, 6-7 cleaves before spreading, 5 leaps before stacking and instantly spreading again and then we finish it in that cat phase.

1st and 3rd scorpion phase we have all cooldowns ready.
    2nd scorpion phase is Seeds so we take minimal cleaves due to lack of CD's as well.

1st and 2nd cat phase we really make sure every spreads max range to not create a feeling of claustrophobia after 3 leaps, the 3rd cat phase is the orb phase.

I've heard of alot of guilds two healing it by just taking 1 cleave in Scorpion phase followed by keeping him in cat phase/ping ponging him into scorpion and back to cat to reset adrenaline. That can be quite viable also.

We solo tank 3 heal it with Holy Paladin/Disc Priest/Resto Shaman normally.

Killed him for the first time in 10 HC three days ago, we did 1 tank, 2 healers and 7 dps tactic by starting in scorpion wait till 70 energy, spread and take 7 leaps and then just keep repeting. With this tactic we killed him on the 3rd try. Here is our WoL if you're interested .worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-yaz1xkkdwkcjv6u5/ (can't post links so add www before ). Tell your range dps and healers to start move once he almost have 100 energy because then you can always avoid damage from the leap and keep your extra damage/healing. The only tricky part is when you get the orbs, we used 1 dps + 1 healer on each and taking 4 or so before swapping, try to not stand to close as you dont want a leap to limit your movement for the swaps. If you got a hunter we can eat the orbs during deterence (getting the beam but no stacks while it's up) not sure if it works the same for mages and paladins but I guess it should? It's really a easy fight if people can move away from leaps and the orbs are working for you so good luck!

Depending on the skill/comp you could pull off this strat and get it in 4-5 pulls with good orb management. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv8tNKsC3KM

Yep, the 0 scorpion/7 cat phases thing works with 2-heals. The only time that requires a bit of healing is the orb phase.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

On the first scorpion stage, 3 stay out and we go up to 9-10 slashes I believe, rotating divine guardian, spirit link, tranq, aura mastery. From there, we only keep our mage out for the bonus damage and everyone else stacks. We only do like 4-5 scorpion and then go into cat form. I do the orb on my hunter since deterance can eat like 5 seconds of not getting any stacks or damage. We rotate on 4 orb stacks. The fight is incredibly easy once you calm down and people pay attention. It can be stressful when people blow up seeds or stupid s*** but you'll get it eventually.

So the general consensus is that both ways work perfectly well. Figured as much. Guess I'll have to see what our RL decides to use. Thanks all. And keep helpful tips coming.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

One piece that's helpful, especially if you're doing the no Scorp strat and getting two orb phases is to have your MT stand on top of one burning orb and rotate it with one of the melee. What this does is effectively halve your chance of having a ranged get gibbed and leaped on while he's tanking an orb. Now, the Tank takes a TON of damage in those phases, especially the second orb phase, but it still proves useful, you'll also get an extra dps who isn't taking an orb for higher overall dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilCosby View Post
    use immunity classes if you have then, and get ready for a pounce/leap on a personal tanking an orb. If you handle that well and have effective dps, y'all should have a kill. Good luck and have fun.
    Silly question inc, but exactly how helpful are immunity classes on the orbs?

I guess you can simply stack somebody higher than usual, then Iceblock/Bubble to clear the stacks and rotate? Is the immune player able to continue tanking during the immunity or does the beam hop to the next closest player?

If the immune player can continue tanking, that would significantly trivialise the (pretty much only) hard part of the fight - as we could rotate a mage and holy paladin on one orb and have our melee/MT deal with the other...

Deleted
    We killed it last week after 8 trys doing 6-7-1(debuff)-7-4-7(orbs)-0-7-0(debuff)-7-0-Dead. We used this comp http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

Quote Originally Posted by Gammonflaps View Post
    Silly question inc, but exactly how helpful are immunity classes on the orbs?

I guess you can simply stack somebody higher than usual, then Iceblock/Bubble to clear the stacks and rotate? Is the immune player able to continue tanking during the immunity or does the beam hop to the next closest player?

If the immune player can continue tanking, that would significantly trivialise the (pretty much only) hard part of the fight - as we could rotate a mage and holy paladin on one orb and have our melee/MT deal with the other...
    It's to guard against an insta-gib since a orb tanker would have a lot higher chances to die with the increased fire damage debuff when Domo pounces on him/her.