Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    u2311h starting to sound better and better, asera do you have any sort of complaints about it?

While I'm not Asera (boo, habs!), do be aware of the IPS-glow. You can youtube it to see what it's all about although it's supposedly hard to catch on film. It also, being an IPS panel, have a less-than-stellar black-depth, while other colours are superb.

Also, for the monitor itself it lacks HDMI but does sport DisplayPort (which is a big reason for me to go for them, as I'll be running EyeFinity).

I've also heard that BLB (backlight/blacklight bleeding) is not very present at all on the U2311H while quite big on the U2412M. (You don't want this, so this is good)

i just checked it out wow thats some messed up glow kinda bummed me out a bit. visually, its somewhat similar to BLB no? also, whats the deal with everyone tripping over 16:10 vs 16:9, isnt it better to stay at 16:9 since its native 1080p and thats the mainstream these days for a lot of stuff?

16:10 used to be mainstream, esp back in the 1680x1050days.
    People feel as though they 'miss out' on (1920* 1200-1080= )120 pixels in height and 230 400 in total, meaning it will be less efficient as a working-space and browsing space, where all the information is north/south wheras the screen is west/east.

The U2311H have a pivot function though, meaning it can be turned to stand on its side for a 1080x1920 resolution though.
    But honestly, the IPS glow is less apparant if you turn down the brightness. Which is recommended for any monitor anyway.
    Calibrating the colours and adjusting the brightness downward is a good idea to not only reduce the IPSglow but to make the monitor more power-efficient.

More information can be found in this excellect review/walk-through http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php...&id=1275291737

thanks for the help i checked out the link quick quick some good info there. well in the end its either i grab the u2311h or the only other 120hz one i liked was the asus vg236he.

edit; forgot question; lets just suppose I get the 120hz one, if my fps doesnt constantly stay around 120fps theres no real point to it correct?
    Last edited by Lascard; 2011-09-01 at 09:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascard View Post
    u2311h starting to sound better and better, asera do you have any sort of complaints about it?
    None out of the ordinary, no. Tetris is right, the black levels aren't as good as LED backlit monitors (The U2311H is CCFL from what I can tell, actually) but it is much better than CCFL backlit TN panels like my old Samsung 2494SW.

Not having HDMI is kind of a bummer, but I have a million DVI-D to HDMI adapters that it's a non issue for me.

The USB hub on it is ridiculously useful, and I didn't even realize this thing had that until I opened the box.

You can tilt the screen, but... have you ever seen a monitor that's 9:16 aspect ratio? It's REALLY strange, and even harder to read stuff on than 16:9, IMO.

If this was LED backlit, and 16:10 ratio, it would be perfection in screen form.

boo, habs!
    Thanks for the forward, Carolina! :P
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    None out of the ordinary, no. Tetris is right, the black levels aren't as good as LED backlit monitors (The U2311H is CCFL from what I can tell, actually) but it is much better than CCFL backlit TN panels like my old Samsung 2494SW.

Not having HDMI is kind of a bummer, but I have a million DVI-D to HDMI adapters that it's a non issue for me.

The USB hub on it is ridiculously useful, and I didn't even realize this thing had that until I opened the box.

You can tilt the screen, but... have you ever seen a monitor that's 9:16 aspect ratio? It's REALLY strange, and even harder to read stuff on than 16:9, IMO.

If this was LED backlit, and 16:10 ratio, it would be perfection in screen form.

Thanks for the forward, Carolina! :P
    The U2312HM is LED-backlit, but 16:9, and a degradation in quality in favour of price.

Also, since I intend to run three of the u2311Hs (eventually) in 9:16, I think I can survive (since I think I'd prefer it to 16:9, although I might be annoyed by the bezels)! I've actually never owned an HDMI-monitor, which is strange, since they seem to overflood the market.

As for your last remark... ""

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    The U2312HM is LED-backlit, but 16:9, and a degradation in quality in favour of price.

Also, since I intend to run three of the u2311Hs (eventually) in 9:16, I think I can survive (since I think I'd prefer it to 16:9, although I might be annoyed by the bezels)! I've actually never owned an HDMI-monitor, which is strange, since they seem to overflood the market.

As for your last remark... ""
    U2412M sounds like it needs to be mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    U2412M sounds like it needs to be mentioned.
    Watered-down U2410, but with some strong-points. I'd rather the U2410 though. And I'd rather have the ASUS PA246Q.

It also carries some major flaws in the overdrive I think it's called.

Watered-down U2410, but with some strong-points. I'd rather the U2410 though. And I'd rather have the ASUS PA246Q.

It also carries some major flaws in the overdrive I think it's called.
    U2412M features LED, whereas the U2410 has CCFL. That's why I mentioned it.

I found out this week that I want a new monitor. So I started looking where I could get the U2410, but I found out the U2711 is only €150 more (or 36%) for 60% more pixels . Would mean I have to take 16:9, but with that resolution I think I don't really mind anymore. Besides, the U3011 is €1044 which is a little out of my budget, by ~€400 lol.

is there any technical reason for you using a DVI-D to HDMI adapter or you just prefer it that way?

if this was LED backlit, and 16:10 ratio, it would be perfection in screen form.
    sounds like what asmekiel said about the u2412m

when you say degradation in price do you mean because its going to be LED-backlight? and any clue when itll be released?

edit; i found it on the US website but not canadian
    Last edited by Lascard; 2011-09-01 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i know about this is that higher refresh rates require less effort from your eyes wich means you can play longer withouth feeling your eyes get to tired .

if that's been proven then thats definitely a factor to consider thanks raf