Thread: Transmogrifing

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Transmogrifing

Any predictions on what items can be crafted that people will buy just to transmorg?

I'm betting some people will go for looks over obtaining a complete set of something, especially with banking alts. Which to me at least opens up searching for the cool looking pattern (that has stats) to make money on the ah.

I've only got tailoring and leatherworking maxed, but I'm game to max blacksmithing if anyone knows of a cool looking item there.
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone. - Hobbes

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a whole other thread dealing specifically with transmog ideas and what not. :S Try looking there.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have the thread? I do not see one only talking about professions.
    If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti

Until you stalk and overrun, you can't devour anyone. - Hobbes

Deleted
    There are a lot of threads on it, but none dealing specifically with what you can craft and what profession recipes people should be looking for

Off the top of my head I'd say the Tailoring black mageweave set will probably be quite popular, also frozen shadoweave set is listed on wowwiki as the "look alike" set for mage purple tier 1, don't know how accurate that is, but it might make it popular.

I think it's going to be really hard to tell and I wouldn't stockpile too much actual boe's in advance - maybe stockpile some cloth that will maintain it's resell value if the crafted pieces don't become as popular as you think.

So far ive sold 3 Nightfall's 2 Titansteel shield wall's and 1 Jagged obsidian shield.

I know if you have the patterns for phantom blade, searing golden blade, and Blazing rapier, they sell really well.

The guy that runs power word: gold did a few posts on it as well, worth checking it out.
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-09-02 at 12:27 AM.

Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have just been buying any rare blue weapons that look cool and has a low droprate, for about 200g each... couple of epics for 400g each...

i speculate that there will be a time just after it goes live where anyone and everyone will just want to change the look of there stuff... the easiest + quickest way possible...

grabbed a blade of misfortune today.... going to try sell them for a couple of thousand when 4.3 hits...

lazy people + low droprate item + high demand = profit imo

going to start looking at mats for JC claws and other weapons that i can make (BS is the only prof i don't have ><)