Thread: PvE

PvE

i have been pvping since the release of wow, and i recently tried pve. i almost ended up gouging my eyes out, it was sooo boring, you do the same thing over and over again i dont get how ppl think it's funny
    so i ask you pveers, why do you pve?
    leave your interesting or creative responses in the comment section below
    Last edited by Renwar; 2011-09-02 at 09:58 PM.
    Inception is nothing but 2 different states of interception.
    -Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renwar View Post
    so i ask you pveers, why do you pvp?
    Because the mark of a well-rounded player is having skill in both PvE and PvP.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    Because the mark of a well-rounded player is having skill in both PvE and PvP.
    sorry i ment to say why do you pveers pve* i fixed it sorry
    -Einstein

Wow is way to easy ATM IMO.

leave your interesting or creative responses in the comment section below
    >.< you copied RWJ! Shame on you!

but on topic, i'm a raider, 6/7 firelands.. i do pve because:

1. Terribad at Pvp

2. I do it with people i like and have a ton of laughs each night when raiding

3. I enjoy it

4. I like the lore behind the raids, no lore in pvp other then ally </3 horde

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry i ment to say why do you pveers pve* i fixed it sorry
    Because PvE is no more repetitive than in PvP. Yes, PvP is more "dynamic", but at the end of the day you're just using (roughly) the same priority system, take care to be alert of your surroundings, etc.

Besides, PvE loot >> PvP. When I kill another player, he doesn't drop anything worthwhile.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

I remember in vanilla when i tried to raid, we spent more time trying to get enough people and organizing the actual raid, than raiding. That was really bad aswell.

---------- Post added 2011-09-02 at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    Because PvE is no more repetitive than in PvP. Yes, PvP is more "dynamic", but at the end of the day you're just using (roughly) the same priority system, take care to be alert of your surroundings, etc.

Besides, PvE loot >> PvP. When I kill another player, he doesn't drop anything worthwhile.
    When you kill a boss, there is a CHANCE that you wil lget an item, when you pvp and kill people you get honor that eventually gives you gear.
    -Einstein

Deleted
    pve in what way? dungeons or raids and if raids t11 or t12 and you did them normal or herioc?

i can assure you doing t12 herioc's aint easy, i and i think most other pve'ers love the challenge to in down these encounters.
    although it can get a bit boring if its a fight that takes forever and your learning something at the end ( 500+ wipes on raggy hc, before most guilds had enough practice down it o.O, the guild were im in wont even down him hc before the next patch) but unlike pvp if we finally down this hard boss, your truly satisfied with the result.
    atleast i never was as happy for winning a rbg/arena or duel. as i was for downing that next progression boss.

When you kill a boss, there is a CHANCE that you wil lget an item, when you pvp and kill people you get honor that eventually gives you gear.
    Similarly, you can get JP/VP from killing bosses in PvE which you can use to get gear on top of that chance to get a loot drop from the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find raiding to be a ton of fun. I get to have a good time with my friends, I get to face fun challenges, and I get to feel a sense of accomplishment when we overcome them together as a team. It's an enjoyable hobby.

I realise this sounds like a circular answer, but there is a point in which I can't really reduce it anymore than that. It's a little like asking why I like vanilla or the colour purple. I just do.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Either can be fun, but from the sounds of your post you're getting bored of PVP'ing (which is fun in normal BG's, badly implemented in RBG's and arenas).

PVE'ing can be an art in it's own, but yeah if you have an excessive need for constant action, PVE probably isn't for you. Other games do PVP very well, maybe some upcoming MMORPG games will be extraordinary like SWTOR or GW2..

But for now, if you are bored of WoW's PVP, and you hate PVE (it doesn't get better and will always be like how you described) ,.. try a multiplayer FPS - lots of fun.