Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Baleroc HC Help ???

At the moment we are on baleroc hc, yet we only had like 2 tries on 5% everything else is at 60% at MAX, we run this setup

prot warr
    h pally
    disc priest
    boomkin
    affi lock
    fury warr
    arcane mage
    mark hunter
    ele shaman
    DK frost

we used a few tactics like h pally to stack as MANY buffs on the shard as possible while the priest heal the tank. Yet we always whipe around 8 stacks on the tank or he dies around 20% or 5% because he gets a hit for 500k, yet all the other hits he takes is 200k normally

Here is a log from baleroc. Support please
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oy78g3fdjw88ulha/[/url]

We are stuck and people feel like leaving after 200+ whipes now.

We are having the same issues at the same time. We are using a DK tank and he constantly gets gibbed by regular melee hits. We are switching to a war tank to try that but i forsee problems with dec blade. Just letting you know others are having same problems. Also we are 5/7H

I haven't tried him yet but were planning on it this week, but a quick glance at the log provided i noticed a few issues.

Falrik your priest doesn't have inspiration, that's 10% more healing to be done and 10% bigger spikes.
    Your warrior tank was using those terrible stamina trinkets instead of mastery ones (needs more rep with avengers and hell scream) i'm not sure if warriors can reach block cap or not but resist and mastery elixer > flask.
    I'm not sure who you have eating the crystals but my plan is for me as an ele shaman to eat 16-20 stacks of every second shard using TB trinket to help healers gain more stacks.

My guild 1 or 2-shots H Shannox, Rhyo, Alys and Domo but Baleroc gives the most problems because he is practically a RNG fight.

I'm looking at your log atm and it's quite clear that your warrior is not CTC capped. And he has 2 stamina trinkets... which is totally wrong and unneeded for Baleroc (in fact you'd put more strain on healers cuz Decimation hits for 90% of max HP when not avoided).

This is from my own kill log for normal melee damage:
    Me: 9 hits (7.8%), 106 blocks (92.2%)
    Duw: 15 hits (20.8%), 57 blocks (79.2%)

I'm CTC capped but Baleroc is bugged and ignores CTC sometimes so it's very important to be CTC capped.

Some extra tips: Power Word: Shield works for Decimation (when it really shouldn't). It absorbs a HUGE amount (% based) if Decimation lands and you should definitely start shielding up the tank for Decimations.

Edit: Oh and the reason your tank is taking more damage with more stacks is simple... Baleroc does more damage as your tank gains more stacks of the HP buff. It's part of the fight and the reason is that your healers can't slack off and the one not healing the tank has to constantly get more Vital buffs so that his +heals can match the tank's HP when it's his turn.
    Last edited by ocping; 2011-09-02 at 05:45 AM.

I can only really comment on the healing, because we use a feral druid tank. We did a few tries with our very capable warrior tank, but the druid seemed much easier to heal. If you have another tank available with appropriate gear, maybe try another class and see if your healers find him easier to heal?

Swap the way your healers are getting shards, and let the disc priest go first. I ended up playing my alt priest as disc over my main resto druid for our first two kills just because the mitigation from PW:S on decimation blade is so powerful. We have a shadow priest to take the full first shard, so I had a slight leg up on the number of stacks your priest can get, but using Power Infusion and spamming Flash Heal can still net you quite a lot of stacks. With your comp, I would suggest having your warlock or moonkin hold the first shard as long as possible -- play around and make use of the holy pally's bubble + sac/whatever cooldowns you may have available to see how long you can keep one of them alive.

I ended up at ~120 after two shards, popped fiend + hymn to top off my mana, and was easily able to keep the tank up alone until our holy pally had ~150 stacks several shards later. We chain CDs at the beginning so our holy pally can "cheat" and get stacks, too -- on some of our attempts, he might be at 30 - 40 stacks before he has to switch to the tank -- but even if he only gets 15 - 20, it still helps tons in letting him use more efficient heals until I get enough stacks to switch to full time tank healing. By the end of the fight, our DPS is splitting each shard three ways so they don't need more than splash heals, while both healers spam the heck out of the tank to keep him alive. PW:S and have a big heal queued up every Decimation Blade; use CDs like Pain Suppression/PW:B or have your pally pop Guardian to get through Inferno Blades.

Specific to your priest, I would recommend Falrik change his spec to drop Darkness and Veiled Shadows, and pick up Inspiration and Surge of Light. He should also drop the Power Word: Barrier glyph for the Flash Heal one for that fight. Healing on our first kill looked like this:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/0t9xi...?s=4481&e=4848

I only used five more shields in our kill than your priest did on your longest attempt (and I KNOW I was slackin' and not always catching the end of the Weakened Soul debuff; I'm a terrible disc priest,) but you can see just how powerful PW:S really is when you look at the healing it did for me vs. what it did for your priest on the longest attempt of the ones you linked. Your pally might whine about not getting to see big healing numbers, but I can't emphasize enough how much easier the shields make everything.

Don't get discouraged if you wipe; there is a bit of an RNG element here. Healers getting Tormented from Countdown early on is very difficult to recover from, for example. Getting several Decimation Blades in a row can be nervewracking to heal... and if you get too many Inferno Blades, you'll be facing one or two near the end where the tank doesn't have a cooldown. Just keep at it and you will get it! (:

If your priest has a shadow offspec make him play that for Baleroc. And have the boomkin or ele shaman go resto. Having a shadowpriest solo soaking a crystal helps a lot with getting healer stacks up fast.

Give hand of sacrifice at 8-9 stacks, and he should use dispersion to mitigate the last 6 ticks (stack 19-25). A restodruid can get about 100 stacks from the first crystal this way. Consider having the priest use tol'barad trinket at 10 stacks if healers are having trouble, it helps although hand of sacrifice on its own should be enough already.
    The healer starting out on tank might also be able to get some nice stacks if the tank pops some cooldowns so both healers can heal the shadowpriest at the 19-25 stack mark.
    Kerathane Main DK

Deleted
    Have both healers heal the first shard we have a shadow priest for taking the shard him self, at 10stacks we use spirit link totem 17stacks we use sacrifice and 19 he uses dispersion holy paladins heals the priest for the full duration shaman heals the shard until 18-19stacks then the he switches to the tank. Tank need to use a 50% cd and a dodge trinket when first shard comes up coz the only healing he will get until 18-19stacks on priest is from paladins bacon and earth shield. and then keep rotation going 1/2shards takes hpladin 3/4shaman 5hpladin 6shaman and then they both heal the tank (normal it happens around 30% when they both start to heal tank) with instant heals on the shard. Also the only time we use 1person on the shard is at the start, to keep it save we use 3people on shard after the first one and 2people when priest has dispersion. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/8.../?s=681&e=1008

for Inferno Blade get your tank to use tolborad trinket its amazing.
    Last edited by mmoc81f51c1b2c; 2011-09-02 at 02:33 PM.

We killed it for the first time tonight after roughly 3 hours of progression. Our comp:

Prot Warrior
    Hpal
    Disc
    Frost DK
    2x Feral
    Rogue
    Spriest
    Mage
    Hunter

What we did was have the spriest take the first crystal on his own. We used Barrier at around 12 stacks and sac from pally at about 13-14. Dispersion at 19. Both healers were spam healing the priest at this point and we had lust up. I think healers ended up at around 90 stacks from that one crystal.

Now, the tank is taking damage still here. He cycles through most of his cooldowns, gets a pain supp and then uses TB trinket for the inferno blades. We only had him really die once doing this, due to 6-7 unavoided melees in a row.

After this, the healers could coast on those stacks for a while. We swapped from a 2 to a 3 person per shard soak after the 4th shard. If too many had torment we got our spriest to take like 16 with dispersion. People should be using all personals on these as you want shard damage to be nonexistent. Tank damage will require both healers near the end.

Also, make sure when a healer gets tormented they switch to shard healing. This way they can at least get stacks, and the tank wont die.

We had range stand in an arc around the boss and melee sort of "weaved" in and out so as not to pass torment. I assume you know the patterns 200 attempts in.

Biggest tip I can give is use all your cooldowns, all the time. If you really find tank damage to get out of control later have your fury warrior shield wall tank up to 18 stacks on the 2nd shard; should get an extra 40 stacks. If he has pain supp/barrier ready then he can prolly take the whole shard, so try getting him to take the whole first one. Without pain supp on the tank though you may have to have a healer switch a lil earlier than we would.

Deleted
    It is a fool's notition to waste cd's on decimation blade. The ability says the damage done by it, cannot be mitigated. So using Tol'Barad trinket does nothing. What I do as a tank is, save trinket for Inferno blade. During decimation, it is the healers job to see that "oh decimation is coming" and they activate their vital spark stack to heal me up before the next strike lands. The 1st hit is a total gamble, but as a warrior, I pop shieldblock right before the 2nd hit comes, you can critically block the attack for no dmg what-so-ever, and having the t12 4p I get 6%parry for the 3rd hit aswell. This fight is very dependant on the healers. Towards the end, decimation will stay the same, but Inferno Blade and the NORMAL MELEE PHASE are what becomes more deadlier. It is advisable to have something for those aswell as a tank. But like I said, a healer dependent fight. Tanks should save all dmg mitigating cd's for the normal melee phases towards the end, and only use avoidance cd's for decimation blade, trinkets for infernoblade (unless they are avoidance trinks).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6.../?s=814&e=1153
    Last edited by mmoc09bd5679bb; 2011-09-02 at 03:41 PM.

Shadow priest is very good for this fight. The first shard can be soaked completely by spriest, using Holy pala aura mastery and priest dispersion. This really helps with stacks of healers. Also, as said, using CD on Decimation blade is useless. It does 90% of your hp no matter what you do. Unless you dodge or parry..

Also, you need about 25k dps per DPS on this fight (if tank does 12k or something, can't remember.)

Deleted
    Healers

On your longest attempt (4+ min) your Paladin had 78 stacks and your priest had 70. Just for reference on our kill I had 104 stacks after the first crystal, roughly 30 seconds into the fight. You can spot the issue there right away no? You don't have an spriest to soak a full crystal, which sucks, but you do have classes with powerful CDs who can soak to at least 21. Boomkin and DK for instance work quite well here, especially when combined with some external CDs like PS or Hand of Sac.

Your healers need to PI and Divine Favor themselves and get those stacks up really high as quick as possible on the first shard, with your tankiest DPS taking it for as long as s/he can with as many CDs as s/he needs. Aim for 80-90 stacks after first crystal. The fight then becomes much easier. If you can pull off two such crystals (we did one at the start and another at the ~2 min mark) and your healers can get to ~150 stacks at or around that 2 min mark then the rest of the fight is smooth sailing.

PS: Your tank needs to think about how he's itemizing and what consumables he's using on this fight. Some posters in this thread have already covered that.

Everyone here has given great advice and I think that will increase the chances of killing it. But with a great group with all these things fixed you can still wipe to RNG or being gibbed. Its less likely, but still possible. This boss is frustrating for that reason alone. Something my guild does to help with this is if we find ourselves in a wipefest on Baleroc we leave other bosses up to go kill them and come back. It has worked every time we've tried it resulting in a kill.

Deleted
    Hello guys and thanks for all the support!

Right now we changed the roster a bit, so right now our setup is

fdruid tank
    fdruid dps
    warrior dps
    dk DPS
    hunter
    warlock
    mage
    ele shaman

healer are still falrik and cloudii (disc priest and hpally)

I didn't get to log the last tires but we are at 5% wipes again, and yet we get hit by RMG over and over, over over over again
    I am tanking now with a full set of agility gems and mastery reforge on my gear... Just to boost the savage defence, yet I STILL get hits for 400k around 4 minutes in.

Our hpally still starts with the shard and we only got a DK to soak around ½ of it and then a warrior takes over.

I read a few things already about 30% the switch over to 7 stacks each person so make the healers focus on the tank ONLY, just to keep me alive.
    I don't know what we are doing wrong or we are just hit by RNG everytime we are about to get a kill. I hate this boss

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chamber-of-aspects/Fil/simple

I read that feral dps can actually solo soak one crystal by going bear and using tank cooldowns. Haven't seen it myself, but you could try that for more healer stacks.

A feral druid and dps warrior can both take the full crystal. (stacking shieldwall + pain supp. on warrior for the end)

Have disc and pally spam heals on the soaker (beacon on tank will be his only heals until shard is done...shield wall the first blade) once the shard is done, one of the healers quickly activates the vital spark and tops tank, while the other waits for the next crystal to gain more stacks.
    Last edited by sloops; 2011-09-05 at 12:10 AM.

Deleted
    your feral druid dps can soak full crystal also use tolborad trinket instead of stay of execution.
    Last edited by mmoc81f51c1b2c; 2011-09-05 at 12:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luxis123 View Post
    Hello guys and thanks for all the support!

Right now we changed the roster a bit, so right now our setup is

fdruid tank
    fdruid dps
    warrior dps
    dk DPS
    hunter
    warlock
    mage
    ele shaman

healer are still falrik and cloudii (disc priest and hpally)

I didn't get to log the last tires but we are at 5% wipes again, and yet we get hit by RMG over and over, over over over again
    I am tanking now with a full set of agility gems and mastery reforge on my gear... Just to boost the savage defence, yet I STILL get hits for 400k around 4 minutes in.

Our hpally still starts with the shard and we only got a DK to soak around ½ of it and then a warrior takes over.

I read a few things already about 30% the switch over to 7 stacks each person so make the healers focus on the tank ONLY, just to keep me alive.
    I don't know what we are doing wrong or we are just hit by RNG everytime we are about to get a kill. I hate this boss

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chamber-of-aspects/Fil/simple
    Is the 400k melee hit one shotting you? It shouldn't be. And I think it should be healable by that point. It still sounds like your healers aren't getting enough stacks and it's getting impossible to keep up with tank damage near the end for them. This won't change until you start using a single DPS to soak 20+ pulses of a single shard un order to build their stacks.

Here is a video from our first kill a few weeks ago, isn't very clean but could answer some of your questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmyIgWjvfrE

druids can take a full shard, SI and Barkskin at 13 stacks, PS and Sac little later, AM at 19 if you want and its just about as easy as a spriest

Deleted
    Fil is the tank.