Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dead island playthrough.

A friend of mine got the game early and is playing through it now just thought id share his videos if anyone wanted to see what the released version looks and plays like.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKQgaming2

I will check this out after work to help me figure out if i want this or not

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I will check this out after work to help me figure out if i want this or not
    Its looking like a buy for me personally altho the interiors of buildings could look a bit better.

I know very little about the game other than it's questing and zombies and i want to keep it that way. I already preordered and preinstalled it, now I just wait 5 more days to play it.

It looks like a buy for me but some complaints are the animations werent very good, the reload animation on a ak was lol hand wasnt aligned with the clip at all and the clip stayed in the gun the whole time. Since its from july i hope these have been fixed by now

I thought it looked like trash until I saw these videos. The combat does look like it could get a little boring though. Character models and voice acting are awful too. But it looks like they spent a lot of time crafting the world. Going to rent it.

My gripe is animations, they do look off base on somethings, like not even making contact or being out of line.

Other then that, I think I might actually buy it. L4d2 I bought that, and it doesn't even have a story or accurate representation of guns, but its still a lot of fun
    Last edited by Biggiej; 2011-09-02 at 12:02 AM.

thanks this swayed my mind on weather or not to buy it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    My gripe is animations, they do look off base on somethings, like not even making contact or being out of line.

Other then that, I think I might actually buy it. L4d2 I bought that, and it doesn't even have a story or accurate representation of guns, but its still a lot of fun
    what are you talking about? L4D2 has the perfect zombie story.. survive zombies, try to get away from said zombies.. oh and survive. accurate representation of guns? so i guess thats not going to be an issue with dead island lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    what are you talking about? L4D2 has the perfect zombie story.. survive zombies, try to get away from said zombies.. oh and survive. accurate representation of guns? so i guess thats not going to be an issue with dead island lol..

Yes l4d2 does have its own story...that is in the form of small talks and going to places as a means of escape, in total the story dialogue is like 10 minutes, and the play through is about 2 hours to get it all done. So yes, it has its story, but I like it more for its multiplayer, it is not a game I would exactly buy if I wanted a story based game because it could be explained to someone in under 5 minutes. I can not think of a single game that has an exact 100% represensation of guns, I am saying though is that the way the guns handle in l4d2, I could see some people complaining about unless they played realistic but then they would say thats not even realistic either, there are people who complain about these things in a shooter if they are not trying at all to represent a gun. I didn't think I would have to spell it out...
    Last edited by Biggiej; 2011-09-04 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks for sharing, game looks awesome.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really loved the trailer for Dead Island from months ago. After watching the gameplay though I will add it to my list of games to play but not drop everything and play it first.

Deleted
    Yes l4d2 does have its own story...that is in the form of small talks and going to places as a means of escape, in total the story dialogue is like 10 minutes, and the play through is about 2 hours to get it all done. So yes, it has its story, but I like it more for its multiplayer, it is not a game I would exactly buy if I wanted a story based game because it could be explained to someone in under 5 minutes. I know not every single game has an exact 100% represensation of guns, I am saying though is that the way the guns handle in l4d2, I could see some people complaining about unless they played realistic but then they would say thats not even realistic either, there are people who complain about these things in a shooter if they are not trying at all to represent a gun. I didn't think I would have to spell it out...
    I cannot think of 1 game that is 100% spot on when it comes to firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    I can not think of one either, I should have worded it differently perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    I think the ACR in MW2 is spot on to it's counterpart IRL.

lol, jk. lazerbeams pewpew

Already been purchased, going to pre-load it tonight. Then I just have to wait for it to unlock

Deleted
    the play through is about 2 hours to get it all done.
    well there are now 11 campaigns to get through so good luck doing that in 2 hours. Also L4D2 is amazing with expert and realism turned on.. trying doing even the original 4/5 campaigns in 2 hours.. just aint gonna happen.

it is not a game I would exactly buy if I wanted a story based game because it could be explained to someone in under 5 minutes
    having a longer story doesnt mean it will be a better story.. im sure deus ex would be the game for you if you wanted a story based game (even though i didnt rate that story either).

Watched a few videos, game looks really fun. The setting is perfect.

So far it's pretty good looking graphics wise.

Walking around I get a good "I should be careful" feeling along with a creepy vibe and it's very cool.

The first time your weapon breaks and you're surrounded it's a cool moment. Then you just kick the shit out of them with your feet and you realize how OP that is.

Talent trees are nice.

I like the "So and So is near bye you, press J to join them" thing. That's a neat feature. I mean I didn't join anyone so far because the names that showed up were "LEETFEET" and "Buttholescars"... not the cats I'd like to survive a zombie apoc with tbh.

So far it's been cool and I can't wait to get some MP going on with steam friends. The hectic element of non linear areas with a team should be down right horrifying to my survival mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    So far it's pretty good looking graphics wise.

Walking around I get a good "I should be careful" feeling along with a creepy vibe and it's very cool.

The first time your weapon breaks and you're surrounded it's a cool moment. Then you just kick the shit out of them with your feet and you realize how OP that is.

Talent trees are nice.

I like the "So and So is near bye you, press J to join them" thing. That's a neat feature. I mean I didn't join anyone so far because the names that showed up were "LEETFEET" and "Buttholescars"... not the cats I'd like to survive a zombie apoc with tbh.

So far it's been cool and I can't wait to get some MP going on with steam friends. The hectic element of non linear areas with a team should be down right horrifying to my survival mentality.
    Haha Butthole scars...Yeah, feeling the same now. It's a really tense game which is good considering the subject matter in it. It's gory as shit, too, which is pretty cool I guess. Weapons degrade ridiculously fast. A baseball bat will only last you 3 zombies if you're lucky. I'm speccing into the Maintenance skill to reduce wear on weapons.

Couple of bugs so far. One is the quest with the guy in the little hut who wants booze. You have to have the alcohol in hand to get credit, otherwise he just takes it and you get nothing. I lost 4 bottles to that bastard. Also, had it crash on me after an hour. No clue why, just crashed. There's a few glitches I've noticed. If you drink or eat by a wall, you will just warp through it. I guess that's helpful if you're getting zombie mugged and need to cheat out of it.

Liking it so far. Would give an 8 early review. Going to hit the sack now and try it more tomorrow.