Prot Pally for PvP

What do you guys think?

My pally is already in ilevel 355 or so gear and hes getting dusty on the shelf. I want to have him be a Flag Runner/AV Tank.

I read Prot Pallys in PvP actually have descent dps output.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, your better off running as Ret or Holy in PVP, prot pallys are likely the weakest flag carriers in wow atm.

Better off as a prot warrior for flags, ret is good with cooldowns and support and holy is pretty solid with LOL HoF + Holy radiance speed boost kiting like a boss. Prot is just a more of an annoyance for casters really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prot can be decent for defending nodes but that's about it due to the fact it has strong survivability & the ability to lock casters down temporarily.

It really lacks the burst damage to compete with dps however unless you have a pocket healer & the enemy is a complete retard ignoring the healer to focus on you.

As for ret, it fairs somewhat better due to having strong CD based burst & utility. However the second you face a mage, shaman, priest, hunter, prot warrior or felhunter that uility & CD based burst goes to shit because of offensive dispels. (kiting also hurts ret extremely bad due to lack of an instant gap closer & the fact you can drain them OOM spamming snares/slows while they cleanse for 1/10th their mana each cast).

In the end if you want to play a paladin in competitive pvp your best off going holy because for all the effort you put into ret you would get a much higher ranking playing a DK, rogue or warrior with the same or less effort.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    You're just going to need to do some arenas and get the main gear sorted out, the low GS Doesn't help the fact you're a Prot paladin, Theres definitely going to be lack of damage :/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a prot pally for pvp. I mostly use him as a flag carrier protector mainly due to the silences & stuns, plus using hand of freedom on the FC can win you the match.

Don't expect to get a ton of kills, your kinda there just to get other people off the ones who can actually kill people

Deleted
    Prot is actually pretty decent, in bg's that is. You're excellent at tanking half the enemy team before it reaches a node and to delay their push before reinforcements arrive, while being super annoying for casters and healer with silences, a melee interrupt and a 6 sec stun on a 40sec cooldown. Hammer of the righteous is the best attack ingame to keep an entire team from tapping and you can tank through a lot of damage while doing so if you are timing your cd's right. You can also dish out some pretty good damage, you just have to know how to setup burst (wings/inq/sacred duty/shield/divine plea..).
    Also, as a ret player you'll feel like you finally have as many buttons as you'd like, cs on a 3sec cd feels extremly good and the snare from Avengers Shield is very nice to have.
    Just to illustrate what's possible as prot a screenshot:

Keep in mind this was a 43min zerg-alterac. I was mostly re-capping and defending stonehearth/icewing bunker. Ofc did we have the superior team and heals, and I would've done good as ret, too, but this thread is about showing that prot can also contribute to the success of a bg, fullfilling a dps/control/tank hybrid-kinda-role.

Not every scoreboard looks like this, but being top 3 in damage done and often even highish on kb's isn't a rarity.
    Bottom line: If your team is shit, you're not gonna do shit, either. If you've got capable teammates, you can do your part as prot, you just have to understand that your role isn't 2min-killing-machine anymore.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...Zelotes/simple for those who are interested. PvP specc, glyphs, 4k resil, 10k ap w/o proccs/trinkets up.