CoD 4 (Modern Warfare 1) Playing EU version as US? Gifted from Steam.

Hello. So scroll down to the bottom if you wanna just skip my little story and go straight to my question,

Okay so i recently started playing Team Fortress 2 on Steam, Its a free to play shooter with a little item shop, Spent 5$ So i could be able to trade, And over the course of 2 weeks ive been trading in-game items for other in-game items and made over 200$ worth of items.

Steam has a cool little feature, If you purchase a game as a Gift you can trade it to other Steam users, People in TF2 like to trade in-game items for games, Lately that's what i have been doing.

Ive traded off 11$ Worth of items for CoD4 (its on sale on @ Steam for 9.99$) After the trade was completed and i got my gift game i read the title and it says at the end of it (EU) . The thing is, I am in America, What is the difference between a game thats an EU version compared to a US version? Different languages / game play? Will it be like WoW is and be two totally different set of realms? (In this case servers)

I have already asked there, But it was just posts of unsureness, So i thought id try my luck here and see if any of you guys know

_____

tl;dr

Have CoD4 (EU) And i am in US. What is the difference? Will i be able to play online in America? Will it be english?

I think the thread you posted in the steam forums is likely to get more help than here. Have you even tried to play it here yet>?

They use different server manifests. However you can easily just swap out to an American Server list.

Honestly couldn't tell you about language: I assume it's still the English version although it may not be.