Dynamic casting time addon

Does anyone know of an addon that will print the casting times of your spells to a separate frame that will dynamically change with haste procs and such. Would really like to not have to mouse over the tooltip.

Not sure if this will help with what you're looking for, but you have a few options that can come close to what you want at least. You can track dynamic haste buffs that affect your cast times with addons such as needtoknow and powerauras, there are several like them out there so which one you choose should be a matter of personal preference. You can also get a castbar addon that tells you how long your current casting time is. This will only show up when you're actually casting though.

DrDamage can calculate this based on buffs but I'm not sure that extends to short terms buffs like procs mid-fight.
    But doesn't your castbar show the total current cast time when you're casting a spell?

While I am not aware of any specific addons to do this, I am curious as to the purpose or reason you want that.
    Could you give us some context as to why those numbers would be useful or what you intend to do with them.

Addons such as NeedToKnow can display buff/debuff durations as a bar with the option of displaying the cast-time as a coloured section so you can see at which point you need to recast an ability with a cast-time.

The only real reason I need this mod is to see the cast time of aimed shot w/o casting it or having to mouse over the tooltip

Well, quartz will show the cast time on the bar but otherwise i'm not sure.

Quartz or most castbar addons yes can be set to display the length of the current cast.

You can probably do it with tooltip parsing

Here is a rather rough and untested example,
    which should print the spell + the cast time whenever your Haste rating changes
    Code:
    local tooltip = CreateFrame("GameTooltip", "SomeScanTooltip", UIParent, "GameTooltipTemplate")
    tooltip:SetOwner(UIParent, "ANCHOR_NONE")

local SPELL_CAST_TIME_SEC = gsub(SPELL_CAST_TIME_SEC, "%%%.3g", "%%d+")

local function ScanTooltip(id)
    	tooltip:SetSpellByID(id)
    	for i = 2, 4 do
    		local text = _G["SomeScanTooltipTextLeft"..i]:GetText()
    		if strfind(text, SPELL_CAST_TIME_SEC) then
    			return GetSpellLink(id).." "..text
    		end
    	end
    end

local f = CreateFrame("Frame")
    f:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELL_HASTE")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent", function() print(ScanTooltip(19434)) end)
    http://www.wowpedia.org/UIOBJECT_GameTooltip
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...via-spell-ID#4
    Last edited by Ketho; 2011-09-03 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathzilla View Post
    The only real reason I need this mod is to see the cast time of aimed shot w/o casting it or having to mouse over the tooltip
    Then you should really just find out by yourself. Check what your cast time is with Rapid Fire, With Rapid Fire and haste procs, with Rapid Fire, Icy Talons, Bloodlust and Haste Procs, etc.
    Hi

I haven't played a hunter very high. Which makes me really curious why you need to know this cast time ahead of time. Sorry for not adding much, but I just haven't played anything where that mattered much. Thanks

i agree with asrialol you should know this stuff yourself
    your better off having needtoknow that shows the duration of whatever procs u have
    Ideally you;ll then know that when <insert proc here> procs then aimed shot has X amount of cast time
    take ya about 10 minutes to jot down on a piece of paper this info then about 20 minutes on a target dummy to memorize it

NeedToKnow can show the length of the cast-time on a bar, so actually if using that duration to time its use then you won't need to memorise anything.