Alysrazor heroic tanking.

Hey, first of all if theres already another thread about this, please just link it.

I'm just wondering what trinkets would be the best for alysrazor tanking, any dpss trinks, or just go for full mastery (im at CTC)
    any suggestions?

Thanks,
    GeekPeek

Deleted
    We use dps trinkets. Since atleast the second phase1 breath comes really fast so need alot more dps on tanks then normally

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you are having issues downing your bird in time, swap some pieces that could increase your DPS (ie +hit/dps items). I used the Essence of Eternal Flame for some strength boost and swapped a couple of pieces to bring up my hit and dps. It really is a bit of trial and error to see how much CTC your healer is comfortable with you sacrificing to increase dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhash View Post
    We use dps trinkets. Since atleast the second phase1 breath comes really fast so need alot more dps on tanks then normally
    Definitely true. I save as many damage boosting abilities for that first bird as I can.

I use 2 set t12 and 2 set t11 with 2x dps trinkets for that fight.

which dps trinkets do you use? Heart of Rage and License to Slay? If so do you use it to just be hit/exp capped on the birds (6% hit/24 expertise), or do you use them for the actual procs they give?

license to slay and the revered one from avenger's of hyjal. when we progressed on it i capped hit and exp, which really helped for dps output, but now i don't bother with
    capping hit/exp. the dmg bonus from t11 and t12 2-set along with dps trinkets is enough. i usually save wings for the 3rd bird each phase because it feels like that is when I have the lease time to kill it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc101 View Post
    license to slay and the revered one from avenger's of hyjal. when we progressed on it i capped hit and exp, which really helped for dps output, but now i don't bother with
    capping hit/exp. the dmg bonus from t11 and t12 2-set along with dps trinkets is enough. i usually save wings for the 3rd bird each phase because it feels like that is when I have the lease time to kill it.
    ^ Exactly this. License and the revered DPS trink (mastery + Str use effect) both of them reforged to expertise put me right at the 24exp cap. I had around 3% hit left, not quite cap but close enough. The tier set bonuses are great, as is the bonus from PvP ret gloves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Use wings on the first bird and it will be up in time for the third.

Deleted
    As people already said above me, hit/expertise pieces will give you the highest damage increase, personally all I do is swap my trinkets to Heart of rage & revered mastery/str but even when I forgot to swap trinkets I had time to kill them.

I use The Essence of Eternal Flame and Heart of Rage (nh).

Stacking the Heart of Rage procc with the Essence /use, together with wings + Inquisition makes for awesome 700+k crit ShoRs and (although unaffected by INQ) ~300k Crusader Strikes. Stacking these with a 1200 strength potion makes for nearly, if not slightly over, 200k dps.

Our tank wears 2pc t11 and 2pc t12 with a str/crit meta in his t11 helm to up his dps a bit. He's gotten ranked top 5 multiple times, so it appears to be working.

Deleted
    I use a combination of Heart of Range (Normal) + Essence of Eternal Flame, Along with the T11 DPS Relic. Personally, I go through this rotation;

1st Bird Spawns: Divine Plea, Inq, Wings + EoF Trinket, Consecrate and nuke. Dies fast.

2nd Bird Spawns: EoF Trinket (HoR Trinket ICD will be up by now)

3rd Bird Spawns: Repeat 1st bird. I will usualy have the 3rd bird dead 5 - 10 seconds before the Tornadoes (Depending on parries)

ALS

Quote Originally Posted by Alsayyar View Post
    I use a combination of Heart of Range (Normal) + Essence of Eternal Flame, Along with the T11 DPS Relic. Personally, I go through this rotation;

1st Bird Spawns: Divine Plea, Inq, Wings + EoF Trinket, Consecrate and nuke. Dies fast.

3rd Bird Spawns: Repeat 1st bird. I will usualy have the 3rd bird dead 5 - 10 seconds before the Tornadoes (Depending on parries)

ALS
    I will be trying this, also if you don't want to get parried I'd suggest reforging and getting 421 expertise which will get you expertise capped with the birds. Best way of doing it is putting your Alysrazor gear on and going to wowreforge.com and adding 421 for expertise cap and 721 for hit cap and put Dodge and 65 value and Parry at 55 value. I currently have both capped and I'm using 2 piece tier 11 and 2 piece 12 and the 2 trinkets you said and I'm at 97-98% CTC.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekPeek View Post
    Hey, first of all if theres already another thread about this, please just link it.

I'm just wondering what trinkets would be the best for alysrazor tanking, any dpss trinks, or just go for full mastery (im at CTC)
    any suggestions?

Thanks,
    GeekPeek
    Use the Essense of Flame & Either Heroic Chim trinket or lisence to slay or whatever the hit one but seriously make sure your still CTC capped because Alyz still hits decently hard in p3 or p4 or whatever one it is she pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden272 View Post
    Use the Essense of Flame & Either Heroic Chim trinket or lisence to slay or whatever the hit one but seriously make sure your still CTC capped because Alyz still hits decently hard in p3 or p4 or whatever one it is she pops up.
    Yes, but you have most/all of your cooldowns and so do your healers, so I've found it to not be an issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    I will be trying this, also if you don't want to get parried I'd suggest reforging and getting 421 expertise which will get you expertise capped with the birds. Best way of doing it is putting your Alysrazor gear on and going to wowreforge.com and adding 421 for expertise cap and 721 for hit cap and put Dodge and 65 value and Parry at 55 value. I currently have both capped and I'm using 2 piece tier 11 and 2 piece 12 and the 2 trinkets you said and I'm at 97-98% CTC.
    The Hit cap is a complete non issue. I hardly miss, though it can be annoying when it happens. I remain full CT Covered during the encounter, whilst keeping an expertise cap of 28. The additional DPS from any Range in the encounter who have finished with their add is usually enough to cover any misses you get. I have never had a bird stay alive during a grouping behind a meteor or going into a Tornado phase (Besides our first time getting to it, as I did not expect the shortened time I would have to kill it)

Stick to the 'Rotation' I have given and you shouldn't have any problems! I can kill my bird faster than our Feral Tank who can get up some bleeds before the bird opens + Has Berserk. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Alsayyar View Post

ALS
    Use Inquistion and Consecration sparingly, if at all.