Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    A lot of the "Cobain or not cos he's dead" things are why I generally go with Eddie Vedder. He's been able to keep Pearl Jam, a band that sprung up in the exact same scene as Nirvana (they knew each other when they were all just the local bands going to each others gigs) but have actually continued to make music and score billboard hits 20 years later.

There's a decent amount of depth and variation to what they make/he writes. He's perfectly at home playing on his own to an sized crowd or being frontman for a pretty awesome setup.

I'd call Dave Grohl as second pick for similar reasons.

Do agree with the John Williams and Tom Morello choices tho. Morello was a bit about being able to do silly things with a guitar but it's a style that's totally definitive, engaging, unique and "his".

I DID say at the start of the thread it's going be rather varied answers which is a nod at, yup, it's subjective
    Last edited by mmoc4fd64f6c8d; 2011-09-10 at 04:03 AM.

Steve vai

Joe satriani

malmsteen

few others.

It's all completely subjective though.
    I don't think it's possible to have a sense of tragedy without having a sense of humor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulan1993 View Post
    Justin bieber.
    You aren't funny

Also, check outside, yep, over the road. The 4x4 with the window down? I'm onto you, be afriad!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maynard James Keenan.......

Neil Pert on Drums
    Steve Perry on Vocals
    Fernando Miyata on Electric Guitar
    Elton John on Piano
    Nobuo Uematsu for Compositions in the video game industry

Andrea Bocelli
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

Deleted
    Steve Harris... 90% of maiden songs are just epic

John Paul Jones of current Band "Them Crooked Vultures" & Past legends "Led Zepplin" is currently the best living muso in my opinion.

Heres what wikipedia says about the man:

John Paul Jones (born John Baldwin on 3 January 1946) is an English multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, composer, arranger and record producer. Best known as the bassist, mandolinist, and keyboardist for English rock band Led Zeppelin, Jones has since developed a solo career and has gained even more respect as both a musician and a producer.

[1] A versatile musician, Jones also plays guitar, koto, lap steel guitars, autoharp, violin, ukulele, sitar, cello, continuum and the three over-dubbed recorder parts heard on Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven".

[2]According to Allmusic, Jones "has left his mark on rock & roll music history as an innovative musician, arranger, and director."[1] Many notable rock bassists have been influenced by John Paul Jones, including John Deacon,[3] Geddy Lee,[4] Steve Harris,[5] Flea,[6] Gene Simmons,[7] and Krist Novoselic.[8]

Jones is currently part of the supergroup Them Crooked Vultures with Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age/Kyuss/Eagles of Death Metal) and Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Foo Fighters). He plays the bass, piano and other instruments. The supergroup released their first single "New Fang", and their debut, self-titled album on 17 November 2009.

James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine. No Discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ennio Morricone
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

Deleted
    eminem because of his lyrics, lots of emotions and shit in his songs and he is a beasty rapper

Deleted
    Steven Wilson

Devin townsend...Most musically diverse and talented writer ive ever seen.Great guitarist,singer and song writer.With a long list of different genres he plays in.And not to mention hes got to be one of the nicest musicians ever.

This would be a number 1 hit if it was written by a bigger musican.Like bono or someone else less deserving of their fame.

Last edited by Doriath; 2011-09-22 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine. No Discussion.
    Couldn't agree more.

Robert Plant