Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Let's be realistic, someone so absorbed into a hobby wouldn't be a very good partner. He would probably neglect a girlfriend to play Magic, practice for tournaments, and I don't think he could talk about much else. The only person suitable for him would be another Magic player, preferably someone at tournament level.

And it's equally bad with sports champions. Why do you think they go through so many women? Because they are filthy rich and this attracts shallow girls, but they don't have time to develop a lasting relationship since they're training 16 hours a day. Even businessmen who work for long hours have difficulty with this.

While the writer showed her prejudice in her article, using unflattering terms as "dweeb", which is actually very stupid and ridiculous for someone who writes for a site about tech and gadgets, as insulting your target demographic is not really smart. She could be more ellegant about it. But the point stands, there are only 24h in a day and if you are going to spend most of them on a hobby or profession, you will have to choose between neglecting your significant other or neglecting physiological necessities like eating and sleeping.

And hold your misogynist horses, boys. Yes, ONE woman wrote an unflattering article about some geek celebrity. It doesn't men that all women are evil bitches of doom with hearts as cold as the depths of Niflheim. And if you think like this, you're shallow and/or a child.
    Last edited by Selkhet; 2011-09-02 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    Meeting a guy that into Magic is like meeting a girl with 4 cats.
    I like cats. I don't see the problem here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, that guy didn't deserve that bitch anyway. Posting was unnecessary but hey, the world of gossip continues, I love ignoring it to death. Drives people who give a toss crazy.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Shallow bitch, who is not even good looking to afford that!

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    Meeting a guy that into Magic is like meeting a girl with 4 cats.
    This isn't some dude who plays magic in his Mom's basement.

This guy makes THOUSANDS of dollars playing and travels around the world going to tournaments, and I guarantee you that he is more wealthy and more interesting than you, her, or the cat-lady referred to in your post.

Also, the thing this bimbo forgot to ask or mention is that Finkel is now an investor and hedge-fund manager, the type of person she would have begged to dick her after a bottle of wine, had it not been for MTG.
    Last edited by smashzu; 2011-09-02 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    What a mean spirited individual. Sounds like he had a lucky escape tbh. :/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    She seems like a prejudiced idiot, but I don't really see what's so significant about this story that it's worth spreading.

And this is why you don't mock the nerdy on the internet, they were here long before you and they'll be here way after you get bored and move on.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I think this is just a dating PR-gag. All the girls out there are now in "dawww, poor guy"-mode and I bet he already got thousands of fangurl post.
    What a smart boy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet
    Let's be realistic, someone so absorbed into a hobby wouldn't be a very good partner. He would probably neglect a girlfriend to play Magic, practice for tournaments, and I don't think he could talk about much else. The only person suitable for him would be another Magic player, preferably someone at tournament level.
    I didn't realize you knew everything about the guy.
    Please, tell me more.

Everyone is allowed to look for love.

Deleted
    Well she isn't good looking either way. Let her have her few minutes of fame. She won't get an attractive man on looks and from this I gather she won't get one on personality either. In the end she will be the one ending up miserable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    She seems like a prejudiced idiot, but I don't really see what's so significant about this story that it's worth spreading.
    The point of the story is how shallow the woman is. And she got to show the world using that article she wrote. It's in the article: normal looking, we get to talking, strike 123. All based on a card game.

She's probably just upset he makes more money than her. I feel like he dodged a bullet. And I really hope she learns something from this. If not, I don't know how she's going to get laid. Especially if dark date rapey bars aren't working out for her :/

Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    He probably dedicates just as much time to this hobby as any "normal" person would do to their job. It is how he makes he makes his money, and most likely would be no different amount of time dedicated to it then if he had to work 9-5 to support himself. At the end of the day its an equal amount of "neglect" to the girlfriend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thread is already getting out of hand.

Not worth the rage posts...