Poll: Too far?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Selling and buying characters in Diablo 3 AH?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxmP1vZww8w&t=3m46s

It seems you dont even have to risk your money on botters and sweat shops anymore if you want to buy characters in diablo 3 anymore either.

Is this going too far on the "they are going to do it anyway so we might aswell take the cut instead of them"? Personally I dislike the way of thinking.

Also looks like if you have different currency on your country you might have own auction house (euro and pounds would have different?)
    If I got that part right, poor small countries with own money I guess ;P

Thats pretty awkward Actually being able to sell a character? I am not suprised though, this also wont stop me from buying the game as well.

Deleted
    I'm just wondering how long it'll take for them to justify this in Warcraft as well, considering you can use the exact same logic on WoW - to take the bots/chinese farmers out of business.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The demand of the "must have Internet connection" and the crap about the real money AH has soured me severly on D3, I'm not buying it. I'll just save my $50-$60 and just buy Torchlight 2 and quite a few other Steam games, or just GW2 as well when I can get internets in the wide open spaces that my career is taking me.
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

=/ Blizzard is disappointing me. I guess they're determined to look like greedy scum.
    I guess they can do what they want with their game, but it's becoming a little ridiculous really. Sure, it's optional, but everybody should have to work hard to level up their characters. I guess that somebody had to level it up, but it still separates players into groups. Ones who bought their characters and ones who leveled them up themselves.

I'll still buy the game. But I won't buy into this other crap they're putting into it.

MORE OPTIONS MORE FREEDOM = GOOD

this works in real life aswell^

It's hard to have an opinion based on speculation, but I think it's going to be fine. RMT is a multi-billion dollar industry, meaning it's happening on a scale much larger than realized in WoW. This is no way affects my personal experience - I could care less if the guy next to me paid $10 for that boe piece or dropped $50 on x amount of gold. Additionally, I also didn't care about the RMT in D2 - doesn't affect me whatsoever. The problem arises when someone can't set their ego aside and they make something like this a personal issue.

I should reiterate that anything about D3's RMAH is speculation and assumption, but I am interested to see how it's going to pan out.
    "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy
    ... I live in Texas and I have seen a TON of climate change in ONE day ...
    ZOMG! Play NES games in your browser!

15+ Year Old Account
    now that make that game a no go for me.
    If they start to allow selling characters, i will never touch that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    MORE OPTIONS MORE FREEDOM = GOOD

this works in real life aswell^
    Got a lot to learn I see.

I'm not sure I'll be buying D3 anymore. We'll see. I felt pretty shafted as well that we had to buy 2 copies for the same household of Starcraft just so we can play together, so meh.

If it's anything at all like D1 or D2, that primarily means that people can skip the 6 hours it takes to get to level 80 (or the D3 equivalent).

Of course, someone could buy a level 99 character, but Diablo is focused on the items, not the characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steavz View Post
    This is no way affects my personal experience - I could care less if the guy next to me paid $10 for that boe piece or dropped $50 on x amount of gold.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the system optional in the way that the seller of an item could post it for either money or "gold"? If that's the case, i can imagine that all the people who find a rare item will only want to post it for actual money, decreasing the supply of rare items on the "gold"-market in-game. And then it WOULD affect your personal experience, being a non-money player.

I'm kinda doubting the system atm, curious to see how it'll unfold, but not looking too positively at it to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pathetic, greedy and just plain retarded.

Was waiting for D3 for ages and now they have completely ruined it.
    Ever since WC2 i have bought all their games and expansions, but now
    they have gone way too far.

For the first time, my wallet voted _NO_ =(

Even if they'd now remove the feature completely i wouldn't buy
    it just because the fact that they actually planned to implement
    something so stupid disgustes me and the only way to give them a
    snap on the fingers is to not buy.

I still love you Blizzard <3

Quote Originally Posted by Mortaza View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the system optional in the way that the seller of an item could post it for either money or "gold"?
    afaik there will be two separate AH's, then I suppose the market will decide which one will be utilized more.
    "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact to be proven wrong should be celebrated. It is [being elevated] to a new level of understanding." - Peter Joseph

I fail to see the problem.
    We can have this
    A) Chineese farmers do it, making it against the rules meaning it may carry a risk but people will do it anyway
    B) Blizzard do it, having it with the rules removing all risk.

Deleted
    Seems really odd they are taking so many weird or "bad"(debatable) choices in their games.

For example when Starcraft 2 was about to come out there was huge debate over its "features".

SC2 would need constant online mode even on campaign.
    There would be region lock (tournament guys need US accounts or if you have US friends etc etc).
    No chat(lobby?) function planned at start.
    All this Battle.net 2.0 nonsense back in the day. I think Husky made video about it but I cant find it right now.

Now D3 is coming and theres even more?! Sounds pretty scary they are taking this route. Online mode I understand somewhat but all things like no mods, all this AH things etc just..eugh?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Seems really odd they are taking so many weird or "bad"(debatable) choices in their games.
    One could argue that this is why Blizzard is an industry leading company - they aren't just following the herd and making cheap knockoff games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steavz View Post
    One could argue that this is why Blizzard is an industry leading company - they aren't just following the herd and making cheap knockoff games.
    Yeah they make great games and I like most of them. Or liked if they were old games. But I dont feel that region locks and constant online forcing is really reason they are "leading" (Ok sure, money-wise maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Yeah they make great games and I like most of them. Or liked if they were old games. But I dont feel that region locks and constant online forcing is really reason they are "leading" (Ok sure, money-wise maybe).
    True, if Blizzard gets too focused on profits and it distracts them from making quality games, people will no longer buy them. There will be others that will gladly step into their slot as industry leaders. It will always be in the players hands as to what games are the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh, sounds pretty lame.

How about this, make Diablo 3 free and maybe I'll be fine with all of this.

Make a legit living playing Diablo 3...or...Get real job...Not a hard decision