Thread: T12 and Fire

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by WillZillah View Post
    Last tier, I thought everyone was saying that fire is the perfect spec and that it was in general awesome. And now it sucks? What happened to it?
    nah it was pretty bad then as well, its just that frost and arcane were even worse

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WillZillah View Post
    Last tier, I thought everyone was saying that fire is the perfect spec and that it was in general awesome. And now it sucks? What happened to it?
    The points still stand from then to now, only Fire has now been trounced by Frost and Arcane in terms of output. When the trees were revamped, Fire was the prime example of how interesting you can make a tree feel. I still think the overall design of the tree is solid, the problem comes from the numbers side of things. If they can tweak the numbers to move Fire up by 3-4k (my current sims have Arcane at 42.6k, Frost at 39.7k, and Fire at 35.5k) to make it compete with Frost without overtaking Arcane, then there would be no problems in my book. However, as the scaling currently stands, there's no viable reason to play Fire except Alysrazor.

There were AOE fights in T11
    There are no AOE fights in T12

Quote Originally Posted by msbxghost View Post
    better than spriests even without impact, and its not useless, spreading dots to the adds procs pyromaniac giving 10% more haste
    The fact that anyone actually takes Pyromaniac is a laughable note. Pyromaniac has been worthless since launch and is even more so in this tier.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    The fact that anyone actually takes Pyromaniac is a laughable note. Pyromaniac has been worthless since launch and is even more so in this tier.
    Except on AOE fights
    Which is the only place you're likely to be using Fire that doesn't involve flying through hoops
    Obviously this only applies to T11 because there are none in T12, but in T11 it was a pretty sensible choice of talent

Hey Swizzle, can you explain why you said the 4p is "Counter-Intuitive" for Fire? I thought it was a 30% increased chance to proc Hot Streak, i cant see how that's counterintuitive...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    Fire was actually THE dps spec when cata lauched. Then arcane had a GINORMOUS buff fest making it godlike (remember when people were actually arguing that you could only use arcane on fights like magmaw ^^)

But yeah i really don't know what's the fire spec use right now in the game. Lvling / pve / pvp / questing wise...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Hey Swizzle, can you explain why you said the 4p is "Counter-Intuitive" for Fire? I thought it was a 30% increased chance to proc Hot Streak, i cant see how that's counterintuitive...
    Because as your gear increases, your base chance to get a Hot Streak proc decreases. Therefore, the set-bonus works against actually getting better gear and therefore makes it counter-intuitive.