Help me connect PSU to MB.

Hi. I'm getting headache.
    I just received my parts for computer, but I have troubles connecting power supply to my motherboard.
    My motherboard is ASUS Z86-V PRO and my power supply is Seasonic X-650w.
    I got power supply cable with 24 pins on one end and 16pins with 10 pins on the other end. Now these match to Motherboard 24pin and to Power Supply 16pin and 10pin, but I also have EATX12V on my motherboard which I have to connect too and from what I understand (and I understand very little) there are no more Motherboard slots on my power supply, so I think I shouldn't connect my EATX 12V to any slot other than Motherboard slot (CPU, PCIe etc.).
    I thought I have to connect 24/16 as one and 8/10 for EATX 12V, but I don't know and manual for this power supply says not much for me. I was hoping I will find name for each cable, but it only says: Set of cables.
    I'm looking everywhere and I get all and nothing, I don't know any computer related sites so I don't know where to look for ehhhhhh...
    Also I think I should use right cables for right parts(?) and that their package don't include cables I might need and I'll have to get them on my own :/
    I really don't know, it's been 2 weeks already since I've been without computer, it's kinda sad I tell you.
    Please help me, if you can.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The power supply has split the motherboard power connector into 2 parts, 16 and 10 pins. The other one is the CPU power, which should have 8 pins. The CPU power cable is normally yellow and black only and goes into the 8-pin socket on the mainboard.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=169

Read that and come back if you have troubles. First page is probably most relevant, the rest is just power load testing waffle.

On the image, you'll be using the top and bottom leftmost connectors to power your mainboard. You will use the 8-pin socket which is on the bottom row in the centre to connect to the 8pin plug for your CPU.
    Last edited by Thingamajig; 2011-09-03 at 01:33 AM. Reason: added image
    Well that's just typical. Ten minutes before the most important party of my life, and half the house has been destroyed by a giant sandwich.

I can't see the picture, but I need help with this one. EATX 12V on my MB is 8 pins, on the PSU it is 4 pins. Cable provided is only 4 pins to 4 pins. So I use 4 pins on my motherboard and leave 4 other pins open ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by entrust View Post
    I can't see the picture, but I need help with this one. EATX 12V on my MB is 8 pins, on the PSU it is 4 pins. Cable provided is only 4 pins to 4 pins. So I use 4 pins on my motherboard and leave 4 other pins open ?
    Yea I think I know what you mean, My MoBo atm is only using 1 4pin connector for cpu power, instead of an 8 pin or 2 4pin connectors, and it runs fine

Quote Originally Posted by entrust View Post
    EPS12V is 8 pin.

I mean you know I'm totally green, now if it breaks because of my stupidity I will be really mad :P

You have an 8 pin EPS12V connector.

Yeah, but isn't EPS something different than ATX? My Motherboard says EATX not EPS. I don't know, but I think I start to get somewhere.

EATX12V is 4 pin, EPS12V is 8 pin. Many PSUs combine both in to an 8 pin connector than can be split in 2.

As the others have said, most PSU makers split the 8 pin connector into 2 4 pin connectors. This way they're universal.

If your PSU doesnt have the split connector, just purchase an adaptor and run it that way.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812201005

OK! So if I put 4 pin cable to 4 pin cable then it means its ATX and if I use 8 pin to 12 pin it will be EPS, right?
    Now it seems I have a choice, but what are the difference between those 2 ?

Just plug the EPS12V cable in the motherboard. You have an EPS12V connector on the motherboard if it's 8 pin.
    Don't worry, it's idiot-proof. If something isn't supposed to be connected somewhere, it won't fit.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-09-03 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjee View Post
    As the others have said, most PSU makers split the 8 pin connector into 2 4 pin connectors. This way they're universal.

If your PSU doesnt have the split connector, just purchase an adaptor and run it that way.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812201005
    Yeah, this is the option I thought of, but I'd try to avoid that or wait for this while my computer is working. Still thank you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if anyone looked at that link I posted up above, but it has a complete breakdown of the PSU, including photos of all the cables and a list. There should be 2 of those black and yellow 8-pin cables you can use to plug into your mainboard - obviously only one will fit, the second is a spare.
    There's only one socket on the back of your PSU with 8 pins, plug one end in there. Plug the other end into the blue socket close to where your CPU plugs in, beside those spastic looking blue wavy heat sinks on your mainboard.
    Well that's just typical. Ten minutes before the most important party of my life, and half the house has been destroyed by a giant sandwich.

I'm going with this 8 pin one so EPS