Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    World of Warcraft will kill....WoW

The only thing that will kill Wow is Wow2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    KOTOR3 (A.K.A. SWTOR) won't kill WOW.
    stop that, really .. do you call wow, warcraft 5 or whatever ?

its NOT Kotor3, nor will it ever be, it follows the time line from the end of kotor2 and ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I'm saying Aion killed wow, but it has like 9 million subs. That is far from "failed".

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift for sure. Dear god "We're not in Azeroth anymore." /rolls eyes The odd thing is I've always heard the phrase WoW killer but I never knew what games it actually applied to. Maybe Warhammer or Guild Wars? I don't even care if they failed or not. I just wanna know.
    Last edited by Karrotlord; 2011-09-03 at 02:54 AM.

1. Super Mario Brothers 3
    2. Kirby's Adventure
    3. Doom
    4. Quake 64
    5. WWF: No Mercy
    6. The Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past.
    7. Super Metroid
    8. Tomb Raider

Rift did not really fail like the others, I don't know why people are posting this, they have a strong million+ player base. That is a lot of players, that is by no means a fail, I am not sure if the other games like warhammer or conan even held that well together? I didn't like Rift, but I won't say it failed, the dev team is responsive and they send out content way more often then wow, they did a lot of things better then WoW, that WoW it self could improve on, and the only reason it didn't work out for me was because it just put to many similar thoughts in my head. I don't think it is that fair to judge a game and say it failed, just because you did not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raarup View Post
    it follows the time line from the end of kotor2 and ahead.
    Thank you.

When will people realize that there's games that were never as big as WoW, probably even had no where near the amount of total subs that blizz has current subs, and they still aren't killed?

We need to stop saying kill and find another word, like wound maybe.

Also, lately I've seen more people starting to favor GW2 than SWTOR these day. A month ago SWTOR was all the hype, but now people have seen game play videos for both and it seems like there's more people leaning to GW2 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    Rift did not really fail like the others, I don't know why people are posting this, they have a strong million+ player base.
    They've sold a million+ copies, they don't have a million+ players. It's not that surprising with all those $5-20 deals that they've been doing. Rift looks like it might have hit its peak and now it's already going downhill.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2011-09-03 at 02:54 AM.

Rift, all that hype was pathetic and the game is still kinda crap.
    WoW is killing itself.
    Hi

Every MMO that came after WoW that was marketed for the same audience failed so far. I don't have any reason to believe the trend would change.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Please, no more threads even mentioning "wow killer", "wow killing" ect.

It's getting really old and is a "discussion" that leads nowhere.
    you do realize that clicking on them and reading them is your choice, right? let alone posting in a thread which you have no interest in..

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Not that I'm saying Aion killed wow, but it has like 9 million subs. That is far from "failed".
    It definitely does not have 9 million. It was around 3.5 million at the beginning of the year.

I don't think Aion has 9 million subs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Rift for sure. Dear god "We're not in Azeroth anymore." /rolls eyes The odd thing is I've always heard the phrase WoW killer but I never knew what games it actually applied to. Maybe Warhammer or Guild Wars? I don't even care if they failed or not. I just wanna know.
    Guild Wars was NEVER a "WoW Killer" never wanted to even compete with WoW.
    * sigh

pretty sure they're at 2.5mil subs, not that number is at all fail, not in the slightest, but 9 mill is way over that mark. although, 2.5mil in the 2 years its been out is pretty damn amazing.

only people bored of wow went to aion/etc

swtor is taking dedicated players and making them spend their time elsewhere.

yes, most of them will still play wow on the back burner, but lets just see how long that lasts.

its time for a new well pieced mmo and tor is just that.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    When will people realize that there's games that were never as big as WoW, probably even had no where near the amount of total subs that blizz has current subs, and they still aren't killed?

We need to stop saying kill and find another word, like wound maybe.

Also, lately I've seen more people starting to favor GW2 than SWTOR these day. A month ago SWTOR was all the hype, but now people have seen game play videos for both and it seems like there's more people leaning to GW2 now.

They've sold a million+ copies, they don't have a million+ players. It's not that surprising with all those $5-20 deals that they've been doing. Rift looks like it might have hit its peak and now it's already going downhill.
    Possible, and I believe it I have heard the talk come up more, but I still hear people enjoying it, what I would have to say though, if I was a company and even had a 500k subbed business, I would call that a success.

Blizzard was pretty lucky with WoW... they made a game that became pretty popular, but someone else will come up with something bigger and better. btw, don't think companies come up with a game intending on it being a "XXX killer", they are just trying to make money. The mmo market is popular with a lot of different people, and why not go for the market with the most potential subscribers?

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Please, no more threads even mentioning "wow killer", "wow killing" ect.

It's getting really old and is a "discussion" that leads nowhere.
    This 1000 times over. Why is it that we cannot have the idea of more than one successful MMO existing at the same time. The fact remains though, NOTHING will kill WOW except something that blizzard creates to replace it. It is just far too large and has a very loyal following to be 'killed' by another game.