Deleted

Buying new machine, what do you guys think?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=FS-210-OK

I'm buy this computer with the changes of

the OCZ agility 3 SSD drive as a boot drive.

and the Radeon HD 5770 card.

for the price it racks up to what do you guys think? (I've already bought the machine, i'm just getting your opinions) I'm currently wondering what kind of games it'll be able to run (I'm planning on buying Skyrim when it comes out and would LOVE to play that with high graphics).

---------- Post added 2011-09-03 at 03:45 AM ----------

Also anyone know if overclockers replace the standard 1tb GB when you go for the SSD upgrade or if it comes as an extra drive? I don't mind buying another hdd if it doesn't but I couldn't find an answer one way or the other on the site.

Be aware that the Phenom II-line is quite out of date, and that the 850 isn't even one proper; It lacks L3.
    The GTX460 1GiB is also faster/better than the HD5770, despite costing less.

For the money, it looks alright.

Deleted
    Yeah I know but I've had a couple of bad experiences with nvidia cards. Don't get me wrong they are brilliant cards but I've had bad luck with them which has kind of put me off. A friend of mine recommended the 5770 and from reviews i've looked at it looks like a reliable card that should give me the performance I want. I'm not looking for top of the line or mega powerful graphics in my games, just something pretty to look at :P

As I'm currently run a 2.6ghz dual core with a (feel free to cringe at this) 8400 GS It's one hell of an upgrade. The 8400 is a temp card before people start screaming at me for still running on one of those :P

Quote Originally Posted by potentmage View Post
    Yeah I know but I've had a couple of bad experiences with nvidia cards. Don't get me wrong they are brilliant cards but I've had bad luck with them which has kind of put me off. A friend of mine recommended the 5770 and from reviews i've looked at it looks like a reliable card that should give me the performance I want. I'm not looking for top of the line or mega powerful graphics in my games, just something pretty to look at :P

As I'm currently run a 2.6ghz dual core with a (feel free to cringe at this) 8400 GS It's one hell of an upgrade. The 8400 is a temp card before people start screaming at me for still running on one of those :P
    It's indeed a reliable card. But speaking from experience (I used to have a GTX460), so are the GTX460. Possibly the most reliable and successfull nVidia card in recent years, post 8800s.

The 5770 is almost enough to cap out WoW in settings though, or would be with a stronger CPU. All-in-all, you probably sit with a monitor with less than 1920x1080 resolution, so this will be quite a chunky upgrade.

---------- Post added 2011-09-03 at 05:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Honestly, go with an i3-2100 based system. Even the lowest end Sandy Bridge chip beats the crap out of Phenom II chips. Having used an i3-2100 a few weeks ago, i can truly vouch for it as a solid base. It's also relatively cheap too, and as such a build based on it wouldn't be that much more expensive.
    He said in the OP he'd already bought it, but still looking for re-assurance, I'm guessing.

Deleted
    He said in the OP he'd already bought it, but still looking for re-assurance, I'm guessing.
    Yeah I'm really just looking at what kind of performance I'll be seeing. I've never really looked into these types of things before on a game performance level before. This machine was actually found and suggested by a friend of mine who works in a data center dealing with machines all day, so I trust his judgement of it being worth the money, I'd just like some idea of the reliability and performance of it really

That Phenom II is really an Athlon II, as it lacks L3 cache. Expect entry level CPU performance, which will be fine for a lot of FPS games I'm sure. The HD 5770 is a midrange card from last generation, I wouldn't expect it to max details in a lot of games these days.
    Super casual.