Thread: WoW Problem?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW Problem?

Hey guys,

Recently i bought a new computer after have the same old laptop for 5+ years, It played WoW fine for the last month, then today i would be playing wow and it would suddenly freeze, black screen, sometimes it would put me back in the game, sometimes it would just stay as a black screen. I am just wondering if there is a setting that i could change in wow that i could change to fix this, or if it is a graphics card porblem. My computer can handle Deus Ex on max settings just fine, with no issue like this one.

My graphics card is a MSI GEFORCE GTX 590. Any help would be appreciated.

Is the Graphics Card Overclocked at all? Did you recently change drivers?

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The graphics card is not overclocked, I have just downloaded the new drivers, testing it out now.

I had similar odd things happen when it was disconnecting me .. sometimes it would freeze, and sit for a couple minutes before informing me that I was disconnected.

In some cases I believe I had issues where it would freeze for a little bit, then return me to the game.. I believe that time it was addons - stripping down all the addons and just adding critical ones fixed the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Valea View Post
    The graphics card is not overclocked, I have just downloaded the new drivers, testing it out now.
    Yeah see how the new drivers work out .. I'm using dual GTX's and certain areas with complex polygons would hose the game - new drivers fixed the problem. In that case though it would freeze on a black screen for 2-3 minutes or so then give me the BSOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    i had a similar problem on my gtx 570 with the screen going black, but it was my monitor losing feed from the gfx card, when it came back, wow was either black screen or permenantly minimised, try rolling back your drivers, the latest ones cause issues for some people

edit: i rolled back to the 266, mayhap the 275 and 280 have the same problem not sure, but i know i'm fine running the 266 for now at least

Hello,

I have similar graphic card as your GTX 590 and I play wow. Guess what i have the same problem.
    Here what i did
    1- I talk with GM and they agree my graphic card is bad or i should not play in full screen
    a- I send my graphic card back got a new one (problem still there)
    2- I contact the manufactor (ibuypower) who assemble my computer they told me i need to send it back
    b- I shipped my computer back and they try to fix it
    3- After getting my computer back the problem is still there. It is annoying and i am not sure what i will do with this computer anymore (I mgiht play other game since wow is not updating that often now)

I think the GTX 590 has problem with wow, I tried it with Rift and AIOn full setting no problem at all.
    I brought that to wow Gm and tech support and they were no help at all.

Sorry for my english grammer and spelling (english is my 4th language)
    Anyway, Good luck trying to fix it if you get any headup or could fix it let me know.

GTX590 is suppose to be the best out there and i feel wow system is just not compatiable with this new system. I am planing on getting a laptop Alienware M18 with SLI GTX580M x2
    Last edited by uaefame; 2011-11-07 at 09:12 PM.