Need help PC freezing

For the past 6 months or so I've had my PC freeze once daily at a random time, however it is usually early on in the day. It freezes once per day no more no less. I have a factory built PC the model is Acer AM3300-e1222 with a GeForce 9500GT GPU. It's hardware related I've tried formatting my HD a few times and the same day it would pick back up. Also, when it freezes the screen just locks up and there is a buzzing sound coming from my headphones. I've never had a BSOD or any problem like that. I would appreciate it if someone could help and tell me if you need more information.

Early on in the day .. could be it's just cold, has to warm up, like an old car.

Over time computers wear out from a daily routine of getting hot and cold. It could be sped up if you run your computer hot alot as it is.

I have / have had a couple machines like that .. they work fine, but need to boot em and let em sit for a little bit...sometimes they even have trouble booting the first time .. the problem won't necessarily get any better, if this is the case, just based on my experience. It happened exceptionally fast on one machine that I had that I left on pretty much 24/7 for various reasons - if I did shut it down it was a pain to get back up the next day.

I'd guess it's just a tiny connector or component (maybe even inside a chip) somewhere that needs to get warm and expand to make good contact .. but no idea how to diagnose that. You could try to re-seat every big part, but no guarantees.

By the time something like what you described happens, it's probably time for a new computer anyways.
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-09-03 at 08:10 AM.