Video editing software suggestions

I have be capturing some of my guilds raids in WoW and wanted to post them for our members. Unfortunately I have no video editing software on my computer. The videos aren't amazing quality and I am not trying to get fancy.

I am looking for a free editor that will allow me to chop video lengths and maybe black out chat logs so I can then put them on YouTube. No fancy transitions or effects required.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

In before someone recommends to pirate something. Don't.

Tagging because I'm curious. Sony Vegas has worked well enough for me, but it's a paid program.

EDIT: Oh hell, I forgot about Windows Movie Maker. Yeah, it'll work (editing for post below me), but it was so limited I ended up getting Sony Vegas.
    Last edited by Nellah; 2011-09-03 at 08:58 PM.
    Super casual.

Microsoft Movie Maker should be fine for your needs. It is likely already installed on your pc, provided you are on a pc with a Windows OS.

Window Movie Maker is free with Window's xp/vista/7 , so if you're on a Windows OS, you should have this or download it from somewhere. It's pretty basic software but it'll get you started.
    I use Sony Vegas for my skateboarding movies, but as Nellah said it's a paid for program.

Windows Live Movie Maker is probably your best bet on free side.

But... Getting Sony Vegas is both cheap and saves your nerves in the long run.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Like the others said, Windows Live Movie maker is the cheapest solution. But if you want to get serious about it, Sony Vegas is the way to go.

Personally, the last time I used Windows Movie Maker, the aspect ratio was a little off since I have a 16:10 monitor, it would place black in areas to fill in the space when outputting to 16:9 resolution. There were only two options for aspect ratios with Windows Movie Maker, but I wasn't limited at all with Vegas.
    Last edited by teh_chin; 2011-09-03 at 09:27 PM.

"You're either pro or a noob, that's life" - Merciless Gladiator Athene

I use Sony Vegas Pro 9. I didn't pay for mine *wink*
    Its a great program for beginners and making simple videos.
    I would recommend giving the trial a look at.

Mod Warning: Do not suggest piracy!
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-09-04 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krid View Post
    I use Sony Vegas Pro 9. I didn't pay for mine *wink*
    Its a great program for beginners and making simple videos.
    I would recommend giving the trial a look at.
    There's nothing in the pro version that would be necessary for WoW bosskills, so stop being a stinkin' pirate.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guano View Post
    I have be capturing some of my guilds raids in WoW and wanted to post them for our members. Unfortunately I have no video editing software on my computer. The videos aren't amazing quality and I am not trying to get fancy.

I am looking for a free editor that will allow me to chop video lengths and maybe black out chat logs so I can then put them on YouTube. No fancy transitions or effects required.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Sony Vegas 9

Also I made a guide to for really nice quality in your video's (assuming you're 1920 x 1080 or 1920 x 1200)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-x-1080-(1072)