Issues with monitor.

Currently the monitor on my girlfriends computer is having some strange behavior. First it's not really a monitor, but an LED TV (NS-32E740A12 Insignia 32in). What will happen is, if she's on the desktop doing what ever, such as installing something, or just letting itunes play, it will just shut off then turn back on shortly after. If she's playing WoW though it'll stay on no issues at all. I also do not recall this issue occurring when we were test driving the monitor while she was waiting for her computer parts to arive by mail. Is there some setting I am missing that I have enabled on my computer, that may not be enabled on her computer? Keep in mind we have identical hardware, the only difference between our two computers are that mine has a sound system, I use a different monitor (but as I said, this issue never appeared to me when the tv was on my computer) and I have a different case.

Also before you ask, yes I checked the power saving options of windows and the TV. I've even tried setting the monitor turn off time to 1 hour, and it still would do it within like 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Alan1187; 2011-09-03 at 09:54 PM.

Did you check the power savings opt... lol jk
    Does it only happen when no keyboard/mouse input is being given?
    If it happens after 10 minutes idle despite the power options then idk wtf is causing it.
    Could just get some auto mouse moving program to move the mouse 1 pixel once every 9 minutes 50 seconds?... dunno.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    insignia is the problem I have owned several products by that name and they all have issues.
    my digicam takes lousy pictures and sometimes the power button don't register
    and my bluray player would display a staticy image after being on for a while.
    Only way to fix the issue with the bluray was to pull the power and replug it.
    Overall they work most of the time but be prepared to deal with little inconveniences.