Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lucid Dreaming. Share your own experience!

I wanna speak about Lucid dreaming. I want to learn more about, and I also want to share my one and only story about it so far.

Last week, I had been practicing lucid dreaming a little bit, just doing reality checks once/twice an hour each day for 4 days to check that this was reality.

Then on wendsday this week, I had a lucid dream, I was outside where I lived, and I could touch objects, and feel things, and see them, as if it was real. I sayd to myself; I am dreaming now. I looked at my hands, and after that, I turned around, only to meet a cat, that ran off 1 minutte later. Than I woke up.

Believe it or not. I know what happened, and to be honest. It was really cool to experience, I hope I get a dream like that again.

Have you been lucid dreaming? Are you good at it? Share your stories and tips for it!

Deleted
    I used to have nightmares about being left home alone when I was a kid. I remember telling to myself in one of those nightmares "No, this is not happening again. This is obviously a nightmare and I am going to wake up". So I crawled under a table in the dream and I woke up. I also managed to wake myself up in lucid dreams, by deciding to throw myself off a building, or starting to scream loud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly all my dreams are lucid. I know I'm dreaming because my dreams are so weird it's not even funny. One time I dreamed the village I lived in was attacked by some evil monster, so I went out of town (It was sunny and looked a bit like Goldshire there and now it's a swamp at midnight) with a sword and shield randomly appearing in my hands, and then it turned out the monster was Godzilla. I knew I was dreaming, but I couldn't really control what was going on. Nearly all my dreams are stuff like that and are in no way realistic.

One weird thing that I found when I used to have nightmares, if I wanted to wake up before the scary part, I would rub my eyes in the dream. Somehow that woke me up.

Deleted
    What kind of reality test did you perform? I've been wanting to lucid dream, but I'm too afraid that if I use my hands or a mirror to reality check, that I'll see myself disfigured and never be able to go to sleep again

How DOO you even perform(?) lucid dreaming? Is it sortof like inception?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticalape View Post
    What kind of reality test did you perform? I've been wanting to lucid dream, but I'm too afraid that if I use my hands or a mirror to reality check, that I'll see myself disfigured and never be able to go to sleep again
    Check if you are dreaming during the day, slap yourself. Check your time often, see if the time changes fast. If the time changes fast, you do know you are dreaming, if you are not (in the real world ofc) you are not.
    Also, learn to use Dream Recall > Whenever you wake up, write down your dream, or speak them out loud to yourself and think about it during the day. It worked for me.

---------- Post added 2011-09-03 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    How DOO you even perform(?) lucid dreaming? Is it sortof like inception?
    Both yes and no. In a lucid dream, you can wish to go to sleep and live up in another dream, but in your second dream, you might not be in control. And when you wake up from the second dream, you are most likely to hop right back into reality again, skipping the lucid dream stage that you were dreaming from. (Sounds weird, I know).

But remember a lucid dream is when YOU are in controll and YOU know that it is a dream, and NOT reality. Inception bases on a dream within a dream, but you are still lucid dreaming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    Check if you are dreaming during the day, slap yourself. Check your time often, see if the time changes fast. If the time changes fast, you do know you are dreaming, if you are not (in the real world ofc) you are not.
    Also, learn to use Dream Recall > Whenever you wake up, write down your dream, or speak them out loud to yourself and think about it during the day. It worked for me.
    Thanks for the pointers! Will keep doing reality checks until I lucid dream, then post about it here. Make sure to keep the thread alive until then (I assume this could take weeks).

Both yes and no. In a lucid dream, you can wish to go to sleep and live up in another dream, but in your second dream, you might not be in control. And when you wake up from the second dream, you are most likely to hop right back into reality again, skipping the lucid dream stage that you were dreaming from. (Sounds weird, I know).

But remember a lucid dream is when YOU are in controll and YOU know that it is a dream, and NOT reality. Inception bases on a dream within a dream, but you are still lucid dreaming.
    So... It's sortof like a REALLY deep sleep?

Thanks for the pointers! Will keep doing reality checks until I lucid dream, then post about it here. Make sure to keep the thread alive until then (I assume this could take weeks).
    Hehe, good luck man. I am by far no expert. I had one lucid dream that I can recall myself, and that was this wendsday, and before that I had only been using the techniques for about a week. I am using them every day, but no luck again so far! Maybe tonight it will happend? Hehe. Anyways, dont do like me, and pet the fucking cat, lol. Try and fly insted, you are your own god, and you are not bound by any laws of the physics of any kind.

When i lucid dream, i do things i wish was possible.

Some times i jump around in the skies.
    some times i just walk around at home, but fuck that IM A FUCKING COW!
    You know what? Im not JUST a fucking cow. Im a cow in a little airplane at the size of a dinig table flying around at like 5Mph.
    But some times i dont feel like being a cow. Some times i just wanna swin around in the endless ocean, enjoying the beautiful view.

Once in a while, i feel like playing CoD:BO Zombie mod > INSTANT RESPAWN and NO ammo limit!!!!! (i got wallhack too!)

well, what im trying to say is, that when im lucid dreaming, i play god, and do wtf i want.
    But the best thing about lucid dreaming is when im doing something exciting like that zombie shit i can feel my heart beating faster, harder, more intense! I feel the adrenaline pumping! all while sleeping!
    This is why i love sleeping for 10-16 hours in a row. instead of waking up, i'll go back asleep for another 30min-1hour and have some fun for the 2 minutes i get dreaming ;p
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    So... It's sortof like a REALLY deep sleep?
    You are aware that you are sleeping. Since you know you are dreaming you can also decide what to dream. I want to lucid dream so I can see what it is like to fly!

Deleted
    I once dreamed that I could fly around and stuff, and I said to myself; "Hey, its just a dream, so take advantage of it!"

It sounds like you are able to control your dreams, sounds pretty interesting. How does that work?

For me lucid dreaming usually occurs usually somewhat early morning and most often a bit before I'm about to wake up. I'm usually always aware of my surroundings and and noises as well as the dream. And sometimes outside noises are incorporated into the dream. Usually an alarm clock or phone, but it's not that way in the dream. Just this morning I was Harry Potter fighting werewolves in a dark tunnel with Ron and Hermione lol.

Back in high school I could sometimes lucid dream if I was sleeping in class. It wasn't as easy to do though. I wasn't usually aware of outside noises either, but I was aware of the small area I had my head rested in.

You are aware that you are sleeping. Since you know you are dreaming you can also decide what to dream. I want to lucid dream so I can see what it is like to fly!
    the feeling to fly in a dream was for me, near orgasmic...

no but really, it is fucking awesome. it is undiscribeable.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have the ability to end my own dreams whenever I wanted. I only needed to close my eyes while dreaming to wake up. Nightmare? No problem, just wake up and start sleeping again.

That ability also backfired few times. During a good dream, I accidentally closed my eyes only to wake up.
    Last edited by Santti; 2011-09-03 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrathon View Post
    I once dreamed that I could fly around and stuff, and I said to myself; "Hey, its just a dream, so take advantage of it!"

It sounds like you are able to control your dreams, sounds pretty interesting. How does that work?
    As I sayd; I am no expert, and my lucid dream event, was only realising standing outside my home, and seing my hands, and knowing, holy shit, I am dreaming now. This is not reality, and I saw my neighbours cat, and she ran off, and that got me to wake up.
    Next time; I will try to create spikes from the ground, fly and maybe even make things appear, or teleport? I try and use techniques every day to strenghten my dreaming.
    I would like to include this too; A *regular* dream is often seen by a camera that films you and your surroundings. (If you get what I mean). In my Lucid dream, I saw the world from my own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I used to have the ability to end my own dreams whenever I wanted. I only needed to close my eyes while dreaming to wake up. Nightmare? No problem, just wake up and start sleeping again.
    the way i learned about lucid dreams, was through nightmares and school really.
    in my class we were talking about dreams, and some in my class said, that when they had nightmares they just woke up instead of being a baby and crying etc (me).
    so i started to just try and wake up, guess what? it worked, and now i just take advantage of "nightmares". Zombie invasion? no problem! i'll just summon an AK 47 in my hands and go fucking balistic!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only experience I've had with lucid dreaming so far has been to think "Wait, I'm dreaming. I'm lucid. Fuck fuck fuck, I'll wake up now!" and I wake up, into another dream (which always starts off with me whining a bit about screwing up a lucid dream). inb4 inception.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    the way i learned about lucid dreams, was through nightmares and school really.
    in my class we were talking about dreams, and some in my class said, that when they had nightmares they just woke up instead of being a baby and crying etc (me).
    so i started to just try and wake up, guess what? it worked, and now i just take advantage of "nightmares". Zombie invasion? no problem! i'll just summon an AK 47 in my hands and go fucking balistic!
    A nightmare is 10x worse if you cannot control it yourself. If you lucid dream while in a Nightmare, it can be good and bad. Bad in the way you can feel when you are gutted, and good in the reason that you know its a dream, and nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    A nightmare is 10x worse if you cannot control it yourself. If you lucid dream while in a Nightmare, it can be good and bad. Bad in the way you can feel when you are gutted, and good in the reason that you know its a dream, and nothing more.
    But if the dream is lucid, can't you just go IDDQD and no more gutting? As in, control the dream and everything around you.