15+ Year Old Account

Crazy theories {fun/Lore}

Everyone knows WoW is full of KRAZINESS!!!!!! And I'm sure at least some of you got some funky theories banging around in your head.

LET'S HEAR EM. The Crazier the better, but please provide some evidence (No, Thrall is not the avatar of Aman'thul...unless you got something to back it up)

My personal favorites that I credit myself for

1. Elune is an Old God.

Elune is an Old God, more specifically Elune is N'zoth.

Let's look at it

Trolls live happy, they stumble on magic lake, and become transformed into something else. Millenia(?) later those elves fall into the same magic well (which is now the Maelstrom) and transformed into something else.

Titans created the Well of Eternity, they also imprisoned the Old Gods in Azeroth
    Elune was believed to slumber beneath the Well of Eternity (1)
    The Well of Eternity became the Maelstrom
    N'zoth is said to reside in the Maelstrom
    The Nightmare has been contained to the Rift of Aln, which shares the geographic spot of the Maelstrom
    N'zoth is behind the Nightmare
    Old Gods like Transforming things into other things
    Night Elves often speak of Heeding the voice of Elune or Hearing the call of Elune
    It was Whispers of Old Gods that drove Loken, Deathwing, etc. CRAZY.

Elune is an Old God, who transformed the Trolls into the Elves for whatever reason (possibly to summon Sargeras so he could be killed), when the Well imploded N'zoth's minions were then in the middle of an Ocean so Elune transformed them into the Naga

1): http://www.wowpedia.org/Creation_myt...t_elves_origin Specifically: Blizzard Entertainment. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos Manual, 109.

2) The Night Elves are addicted to Magic

Everyone always talks down the Sin'dorei, calling them addicts, junkies, magic abusing monsters.

I wonder then why people do not spout the same disdain for the Kaldorei?

But Mistuhbull, the Kaldorei aren't addicted to magic, they kicked that habit 10,000 years ago.

WRONG! And I will offer the following as proof.

First the Sin'dorei:
    The Sin'dorei lived in constant contact with their Sunwell, which was made from waters from the Well of Eternity

when this was corrupted they lost their connection to the source of magic and began to suffer withdrawls

Now, the Sunwell has been restored and the Sin'dorei are once again bathed in its magicalness

Now the Kaldorei.

The Kaldorei originally lived on the shores of the Well of Eternity, it got destroyed. And they "broke" their dependance on Magic.

In almost every Kaldorei settlement there is one of these

A Moon Well.
    What is a Moon Well? A moon well is
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft 3
    Moon wells are hallowed repositories of the sacred waters of the Well of Eternity, the pool of energy that gives life to the mystical World Tree. When additional water is added, these wells nourish the night elf troops with their life sustaining waters. Additional moon wells become necessary as the night elf forces grow in number
    Did you see it? allow me to highlight it

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft 3
    Moon wells are hallowed repositories of the sacred waters of the Well of Eternity,
    That is right, in almost every Night Elf settlement there is a mini Well of Eternity.
    These addicts have a constant source, an IV of magic if you will, and yet not a single person calls them out on their addiction.

I present to you that the Kaldorei are just as much if not more addicted to magic than the Sin'dorei, and thus should be subject to the same stigma as the Sin'dorei.

Add your own, discuss mine, do whatever, but have fun

Do NOT troll, do NOT come in with lol lore, do NOT somehown turn this into some ridiculous arguemnent about Tauren Chest Hair
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Jaina is the (unknown to you) Twilight Mother, and has fallen in love with Benedictus. Insanity has claimed her, like Kael'thas and Arthas. Now, Thrall will help you down her (pun intended).

Oh, and moving this to Fun Stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Another one I just remembered

3. The Bilgewater Cannon will be used by the Twilight's hammer to cause a Horde Civil War.

So, we all know the Goblins have a big honking cannon

Now, if you look at the cannon, it's targeting magic thingy shows Stormwind

Now, that all makes sense, but wait. Draw a map from Azshara straight across (where the cannon points)

Yes, I failed at cropping paint.

It points almost directly at Undercity (okay, Hillsbrad but close enough)

I propose that Twilight Hammer magics are making the reticle show stormwind, so when the Horde fires it it blows up Undercity. This causes a massive civil war in the Horde. Everybody dies and the Blood Elves take over.

---------- Post added 2011-09-03 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Jaina is the (unknown to you) Twilight Mother, and has fallen in love with Benedictus. Insanity has claimed her, like Kael'thas and Arthas. Now, Thrall will help you down her (pun intended).

Oh, and moving this to Fun Stuff.

mmkay, figured since it was Lore related-ish it still belonged on General
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Yes it is a crazy hypothesis, and it is wrong.

Flaw in your logic:

Elune is a god, yes but she is known to the Aspects. She fought against the old Gods at the time of the Titans, evidence is in the 'War of the Ancients' books.
    What we do know based on in game lore and books is this.

1. Elune is a god, and non-corporal.
    2. Elune fights against the old gods.
    3. Elune was known about during the time of the Titans.
    4. Elune has Shaped the Night Elves into a force against the old-Gods.

as for the Night Elf/Troll theory. It has one major flaw in it.

Facts:
    Trolls and Elves descend from a common Ancestor.
    Magic changes Trolls/Elves drastically.

Types of magic in Warcraft:

Raw Magic
    1. Arcane
    2. Fel

Naaru Magic

1. Shadow
    2. Light

Nature
    1. Animal
    2. Elemental

Each type of Magic draws from a Source, but can be expressed in two primarily different ways.

Raw Magic is from the Ether, During BC players dealt with this stuff a lot. It can be corrupted into Fel energy, or it can be used pure as Arcane. This type of Magic Turned Elves into High Elves.

Naaru magic, which is also the power of Elune some how. Can be either Light (Holy) or Shadow Magic, the Current Night Elf race evolved to make use of this type of Magic.

Nature Magic or life magic, is the power of both Druids and Shaman, the possibility for corruption is based on the possibility life can be corrupted. Trolls Evolved using Shaman Magic.

So that brings a question What Does a None-Magic Welding member of the 'Troll Elvin' lineage look like? what was the original race?

Some people think the family tree looks like:

This chart is in fact incorrect.

1st Generation
    Proto Troll
    (this is the Ancestor of all Trolls and Elves, what did they look like it is unknown, my guess something between Night Elf and Troll. Who made them? Old Gods, Titans, or other Gods like Elune)

2nd Generation
    Zandalalar Tribe(Ancient ancestor of all Troll kind)
    Early Night Elves

Depending on the Local Elements the Trolls Shaped both Magic and what they looked like to fit.

Mean while the Same thing happened to the Elves. The early split was the Highborn and common Night elf but after the War of the Ancients, the two groups split away from each other you then got significant changes between the races.

In the End I wonder what the Proto Troll was, also who is Elune. Since She has the same power as a Naaru.

---------- Post added 2011-09-03 at 04:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post

A Moon Well.
    What is a Moon Well? A moon well is

Did you see it? allow me to highlight it

That is right, in almost every Night Elf settlement there is a mini Well of Eternity.

They Are not the same as the Well of eternity, The Ancient Well was a prison and channeled pure Arcane Energy. After Illidan Stormrage created the second Well of eternity the Dragon Aspects, Elune, and Cenarius Purified the well and placed the world tree over it. The Well now Channels Arcane, Light, and Druid magic. The Moon wells only channel Light and Druid Magic. Which brings me to Elune sounds more like a Naaru than anything else.

-Kaldorei might be reliant on magic, moonwells, but so far being cut-off from the source has never caused a relapse in night-elves. With Blood elves we have seen them lose it. So that is why I think Kaldorei are not addicted, although they don't shy away from it.

-Blizzard confirmed that night elves are well of eternity magic transformed dark trolls. (*1)

-Elune has intervened in ways that would hinder the Old Gods, so its hard to believe she is one of them (Velen, speculated that she might be a Naaru)

My crack-pot theories (I didnt come up with this, forgot who did, else I'd give him/her credits):

The world itself is a Super Old God (or most of the world is):
    -So far Old gods have been named after Love-craftian Elder Gods: C'thun-Cthulhu, Yogg-saron-yog-sothoth, N'zoth-Zoth-Ommog
    The world is called, Azeroth and in Lovecraft we have an elder god named: Azathoth
    -Brann's event in the Halls of Stone states that if the Titans had killed the Old Gods, Azeroth would cease to be. The parasitic relationship between the "Old Gods" and the world itself won't allow the two entities to be separated safely. This could imply that the world itself consists so much of an old god that it can't be killed without killing the planet.
    -Each Old God had specific bodily feature so far; Cthun-Eyes and stomach, Yog-saron-brains and mouths (beast of a thousand maws), Nzoth-???, what if they are just parts of an Old God....Meaning that combined they form the Old God Azeroth, Cthun was his eyes and stomach, Yogg-saron his mouth and brain..etc..
    -Saronite is the blood of Yogg-saron, who is to say that the other materials aren't secretions of other an other Old God, meaning that a lot of Azeroth consists of an Super Old God.

And that is it for now....If I find more "evidence" I might update this post

(*1) http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...and-MORE-lore).
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quoting a forum thread on MMO champion does not make it so. In game and fiction they have not made it clear who came first, in fact they have purposely left it ambitious enough for the question to remain valid. They also have dropped hints that the question will be answered in the content in a future expansion. Much like the origin of Humans, Dwarves, and Gnomes was answered with Wrath. This is one reason why I point out the possibility of a proto-troll/elf, since so many creatures in Warcraft are linked to the time of the Titans.

Races with out a current origin story:

Trolls
    Elves
    Many of the Beastmen races (Tauren)
    Goblins

It could be the Ancestor of Trolls and Elves could be the ancestor of Goblins as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Quoting a forum thread on MMO champion does not make it so. In game and fiction they have not made it clear who came first, in fact they have purposely left it ambitious enough for the question to remain valid. They also have dropped hints that the question will be answered in the content in a future expansion. Much like the origin of Humans, Dwarves, and Gnomes was answered with Wrath. This is one reason why I point out the possibility of a proto-troll/elf, since so many creatures in Warcraft are linked to the time of the Titans.

Races with out a current origin story:

Trolls
    Elves
    Many of the Beastmen races (Tauren)
    Goblins

It could be the Ancestor of Trolls and Elves could be the ancestor of Goblins as well.
    Did you bother to look at the topic I linked? It contained a link to a breakdown of an article in WoW Magazine 5 (That is official blizzard stuff)
    I can't link directly to WoW Magazine 5, so that's why I linked to the topic where the breakdown of that magazine is posted.
    Research a bit first please
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande