Deleted

Metamorphisis CD Vs. Moonwell Chalice

So, my question is:

When to use Metamorphisis? Do I use it every cooldown even if Moonwell Chalice is still on Cooldown or should I be using them in conjunction with each other?

Also, for an opener:

Pre-Pot > MWC > Meta > Immo (for melee range) > DS: Felguard > SB: Felpuppy. I then go onto using Bezerking + Synapse Springs when the springs come off CD. Is this optimal or should I be doing something else? Maybe even macro it?

All help is appreciated :>

you want to wait for moonwell chalice with meta. It's just so big kick in dmg during meta that it's a DPS gain to wait, I think, up to 1 min for MWC to get out of CD.

Use them in conjunction, that's the entire purpose of the trinket and what makes it so good.

Make sure your felguard felstorms before you get out your felhunter, it's really good with the chalice up

Chalice
    Metamorphosis
    Demon Soul (Felguard)
    Immolate
    Hand of Gul'dan
    Demon Soul (Felhunter)
    Bane of Doom
    Immolation Aura
    Corruption
    Shadowflame
    Incinerate (Molten Core)
    Soul Fire (Decimation)
    Shadow Bolt

And yes if you plan on using Chalice you need to stack it with every meta (and wait for trinket to be up if meta comes off CD early) - I'd also stack mastery if you arent already and avoid trying to hit the haste plateau for corruption.
    Last edited by Neyzio; 2011-09-03 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure the Chalice is up and active before you hit Meta, you cannot macro them together as the server will run the /cast before the /use regardless of which order you write it in the macro. There's also a small delay before you get the buff from the chalice as the object spawns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on your rng and the duration of the fight you may want to use meta / challice while the other is still on cd however, 99% of the time you should be using them togheter.

Exceptions are using challice when meta cooldown is longer then duration of fight or using meta when the duration on challice is longer then duration of the fight.
    Neither of these happen unless you have extremely good or extremely bad rng so don't worry to much about it and just make sure you always use chalice and make sure it's active before you pop meta.

Make sure the Chalice is up and active before you hit Meta, you cannot macro them together as the server will run the /cast before the /use regardless of which order you write it in the macro. There's also a small delay before you get the buff from the chalice as the object spawns.
    They can be macroed together but it has to be a castsequence not a /cast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    They can be macroed together but it has to be a castsequence not a /cast
    It's still a bad idea to macro them together since most people mash their buttons that fast they'll pop meta before they actually got the buff from chalice.
    Using 2 serperate buttons for chalice and meta is the safest.

Then I worry about your latency. I use a cast sequence macro and it hasn't failed me yet and I have it set up for all my cds so I mash it until it's done. I usually run about 70ms latency as well.

Huh? You can macro the two together just fine. Have the chalice before meta since using trinkets is off the gcd and you're fine.

Then I worry about your latency. I use a cast sequence macro and it hasn't failed me yet and I have it set up for all my cds so I mash it until it's done. I usually run about 70ms latency as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeorm View Post
    Huh? You can macro the two together just fine. Have the chalice before meta since using trinkets is off the gcd and you're fine.
    My latency is around 70-90 on average. I've tried every macro, cast-sequence or otherwise, posted in this thread, and none gave me the Chalice buff before Meta popped. I tested this by observing my spell damage (with no modifiers but meta and the chalice) and then testing these macros. None of them worked for me.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    is it good to make macro for chalice and demon soul or no?

My question for this is, let's say I pop meta+moonwell at the beginning, I now have to wait at least 2 minutes assuming impending doom brings down my meta cooldown enough. But lets say my Meta is up 30 secs before moonwell. Is it worth popping it right away and then the meta CD being behind the moonwell? Meaning Moonwell will be up for about a minute before meta is up a 3rd time? Or should you ONLY ever use them if they're both off cooldown? I think I worded my question crappily but if anyone gets what I'm asking that'd be cool haha.

Search the forums for a thread titled working demo all in one macro or something like that. I use that one and it works just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run around with 30-50 ms on avarage. No matter what macro I use for it, I always endup without the buff active when meta pops.
    I don't think this is a latency issue...

I use that one and it works just fine
    Hmm from what I saw that macro wasn't working correctly either, I might be wrong tough.

EDIT: took a quick look at the post.
    Yet again it's macroed and it seems to work exactly the same as a castsequence macro.
    If you've never had problems with it, that's good but it wouldn't suprise me if other people will end up in meta without the buff.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2011-09-04 at 01:30 PM.