10+ Year Old Account

Attention Nvidia Users

Is it safe to update now to 280.26?
    While back on the main page I saw a warning against not updating drivers as they may cause overheating GPU problems. Has this issue been addressed and hotfixed in the driver pack from Nvidia? If not is there a set of beta drivers available to download?

Also: Has anyone seen a noticeable gpu increase after downloading the new drivers?
    Im using a Gtx 460 768mb if it makes any difference.

Deleted
    haven't been any difference for me

10+ Year Old Account
    i used the 280s a couple of weeks back and it caused my gfx card to temporarily crash while playing wow, this happened twice after i updated them, so i rolled back and have never had it crash since, so i'd wait till the next version are released

this was a gtx 570, not sure how/if they'd affect the 460

I haven't had any issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't update, the issue with the 280 drivers is not the temperature increase, but the fact that the clock speeds are throttled up faster then the voltage ( the intent of the patch was to increase the speed at which they throttle up)

because the clock speed is throttling up faster then the voltage, its like a undervolted overclock, ie, unstable, there has been numerous reports of instability and driver crashing with the new 280 drivers, they can be bandaided by changing your gpu(s) to not throttle, (meaning they are at 100% clock speed all the time)

otherwise don't upgrade to 280

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been running the 280 drivers since release and as above said the temps arnt a change in levels but a change in consistancy, I havnt had a.single crash but it could also depend on the card. But if you do have crash's just stick with a driver you are comfortable with.

10+ Year Old Account
    afaik this problem is affecting gtx-285's and newer

no issues here, mate (gtx 260m)

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven´t gotten a crash on my 580gtx yet.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    im runing with Nvidia GeForce 280.36 Win 7 64-bit now and they seems to work. i haven`t had one crash after i installed them. been runing with them for two weeks now.

they are BETA drivers but works great

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=2776
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

I actually updated with a GTX260, but noticed that my in-game mouse point blinks uncontrollably when i move it across the screen, on Vista Ultimate 32 by the way.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any issue with the 280 on my 460s. But then if it's an undervolt issue maybe you can be lucky and have chips that can handle it, or you don't and then you experience crashes.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    i had to bump up my voltages to 1.1 to avoid the crashes. but after i installed 280.36 i tested if i would still get crashes. wow and metro in dx11 doesn`t crash any more.

only game still crashing without a volt bump is crysis 2 in dx11.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL: