Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Building my first computer.

Im hoping to put some money together within the next few week to build my first computer.
    Over the mean time, i have been looking at what to get.

So far this is what i have come up with;

Case: Rosewill Challenger Black Gaming ATX -$50
    Memory: 8GB G,Skill DDR3 12800 -$75
    CPU: Intel 15-2500k -$220
    Power Supply: Corsair 750HX -$150
    SSD: Crucial RealSSD c300 64GB -$125
    HDD: Western Digital 1TB CB -$80
    DVD: Liteon 24x -$21
    Operating System: Windows 7 64bit -$140
    Mother Board: ASUS P8268-V Pro -$210
    Graphics Card: GTX 570 -$340
    Heatsink:

Not sure about the heatsink, since the one i wanted will more then likely be too big for the case. and im limited for size by the case 8.5"(Length) 20.8"(Height).

Im trying to aim for being able to play all games on ULTRA with as high as possible FPS.
    Last edited by TheDiscPriest; 2011-09-04 at 02:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurredd View Post
    I do them naked

and I'm not talking about my character

ehem.... budget?
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    $800 for the last 3 things i need. But as cheap as possible
    I do them naked

save your money

buy a 64gb ssd for boot, browser etc. Save your money and put it towards a better case. that rosewill will be a headache when you try to assemble it. Any EVGA mobo is a good bet (or asus) and buy a blu ray so you can at least rip it to your hdd. Point is, that ssd will be too much space for the money. I use a 32gb one and it's just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Motheroard: any of the asus P8P67 variations I.e duluxe or evo. ~$250-350 approx
    Graphics card: since you want it to last, either a GTX 570, 580, 590 $350/$450/$875.
    Heatsink: NH-D14 very good aircooling system, beats lrebuilt closed looped watercooling systems.

Prices depend on where you live.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uhvash View Post
    buy a 64gb ssd for boot, browser etc. Save your money and put it towards a better case. that rosewill will be a headache when you try to assemble it. Any EVGA mobo is a good bet (or asus) and buy a blu ray so you can at least rip it to your hdd. Point is, that ssd will be too much space for the money. I use a 32gb one and it's just fine.
    I was going to go with the HAF 932, but it is to big for my desk. I only have room for 8.5"(Length) and a bit under 21" for Height.
    As for the SSD, you make a good point, since i only want a few games + boot and browser on it. So i can go with this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148357.

Also going to drop the i7 for i5, since the computer is mainly for gaming.

---------- Post added 2011-09-04 at 02:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    Motheroard: any of the asus P8P67 variations I.e duluxe or evo. ~$250-350 approx
    Graphics card: since you want it to last, either a GTX 570, 580, 590 $350/$450/$875.
    Heatsink: NH-D14 very good aircooling system, beats lrebuilt closed looped watercooling systems.

Prices depend on where you live.
    I dont think the heatsink will fit in the case :/
    Last edited by TheDiscPriest; 2011-09-04 at 02:35 AM.
    I do them naked

15+ Year Old Account
    A70 for the cooler
    Motherboard - Anything in the $150.00 range that support SLi, I usually prefer MSi
    GPU - GTX 580

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by uhvash View Post
    I have a Rosewill case and love it... wouldn't change a thing about it.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what your desk looks like but if it's enclosed I recommend not putting your computer inside as this will restrict airflow.

You might have some issues with temperatures if the computer goes into some premade shelf in your desk. Ambient temperatures can get really high in Australia, so you might need to get few extra case fans and high performance CPU heatsink to operate it reliably during summer even without any overclocking.

Also take MSI Twin Frozr or Asus Direct CU2 brand graphics card, those will run much cooler than any other options, both are available with GTX570 GPU.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Not sure what your desk looks like but if it's enclosed I recommend not putting your computer inside as this will restrict airflow.
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    You might have some issues with temperatures if the computer goes into some premade shelf in your desk. Ambient temperatures can get really high in Australia, so you might need to get few extra case fans and high performance CPU heatsink to operate it reliably during summer even without any overclocking.

Also take MSI Twin Frozr or Asus Direct CU2 brand graphics card, those will run much cooler than any other options, both are available with GTX570 GPU.
    It has it's own spot in my desk, but it has nothing that will restrict the airflow, It has open sides. If that makes sense. So i dont think it will be to much of an issue, but i will look at getting another couple of fans to go in it. Since i will be overclocking it.

I will take a look at the MSI twin frozr.
    I do them naked