Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Arch was enjoyable at first and actually got me out to look at the redone zones but after a two straight weeks just to hit 300 I had to make sure I wasnt playing some Korean grindfest.

Deleted
    It's Blizzard's answer to everyone who said "There is nothing more boring than fishing..."

I happen to love arch. I mean this is an MMO after all and if you want anything you are going to have to grind to get it. I keep doing archaeology everyday in between bg queues hoping for my blue scarab mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    come here to say i love using the word monotonous

Why can't we have more than 4 digsites on one continent is my question. Seems like i get them all spread out everywhere to maximize my flight distance (thank goodness for 310+ crusader aura... kind of).
    ADD MORE DIGSITES PER CONTINENT - imo.
    Still wont fix the skill being boring as all hell but atleast you would be able to solve more, thus, increasing the chances of getting a "rare".
    I have spent days /played trying for that stupid NE trinket and Zin sword from troll... Have yet to see either of them. Only a level 40 something epic robe (lol boa > arch epic robe) and some random mail epic mask (boa > this.... no surprise).
    Would have been much smarter of me to never even start this secondary profession. Definitely will not be doing arch on another character.

arch is doing fine for me i dont see whats the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    I happen to love arch. I mean this is an MMO after all and if you want anything you are going to have to grind to get it. I keep doing archaeology everyday in between bg queues hoping for my blue scarab mount.

See, that's the kind of mind set I don't share. Just because it is an MMO doesn't mean it has to be a grindfest. That's why I'm looking forward to GW2.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Grimtor - Protection warrior - The maelstrom EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    It's Blizzard's answer to everyone who said "There is nothing more boring than fishing..."
    I know it's supposed to be irony, or sarcasm, but in fact seem VERY logical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimtor View Post
    See, that's the kind of mind set I don't share. Just because it is an MMO doesn't mean it has to be a grindfest. That's why I'm looking forward to GW2.
    Careful with this. I'm also looking forward to GW2 highly, but understand that everything in an MMO is a grind to some extent, it's simply about how well its concealed with entertainment. GW2 is indeed looking to break that trend but there are serious risks to its constant replay longevity from the more consistent MMO audience as a result. I'm not going to derail the thread, I just felt like it was important to remind anyone reading of this perspective.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.