Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    1- Stay between worms and make sure you are not getting hit by their breath.

2- Birds have 3 estates: Full (Satiated) --> Hungry --> Tantrum. Don't eat the worm when the bird is full.

3- It is ok to let the birdy eat a worm when its been hungry for few seconds.

4- Your soft CDs + trinket can get you through tantrum.

5- Between fire breath and tantrum, tantrum is always less dangerous, meaning that if you think you are going to end up eating fire breath if you wait for tantrum (due to the worm spinning) it is better to let the bird eat the worm than to take the fire later.

6- Not getting hit by fire breath and stuff on the ground is your number one priority for hatcher phase.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys I will try the model to feed them at 80/60/40/20 as we doing that still on normal 10 man version. I also bought License to slay trinket and will try it tonight, but seems from all I read that my dps atm is what it should be even without dps trinket

If i start to take some extra dmg i will swap back to my tanking one. Also I still need 4 points or % to reach the "unhittable" cap so as someone mention I still will receive the tantrum.

There is no unhittable cap btw mate, only the cap which means you will never take a full strength hit, its called combat table coverage and you need to aim for 102.4% which from your point of view is Parry% + Dodge% + Block% +5% standard chance to miss

Regarding the question of eating worms i agree with the 20% increments of health thats how i did it when we got our first kill last night.

Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by Synchro View Post
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys I will try the model to feed them at 80/60/40/20 as we doing that still on normal 10 man version. I also bought License to slay trinket and will try it tonight, but seems from all I read that my dps atm is what it should be even without dps trinket

If i start to take some extra dmg i will swap back to my tanking one. Also I still need 4 points or % to reach the "unhittable" cap so as someone mention I still will receive the tantrum.

its really not a big deal whether u feed it when its not happy or when it starts a tantrum. u r probably better off paying attention to ur surroundings and maximising ur dps rather than trying to keep a check on hp percentage.

u might not have the safest passage to a worm when it reaches a specific percentage. on heroic i find the best time to feed him is when i see a clear path to the worm. the worst that can happen is u get 1 tantrum with no worms up, and that is easily countered with a tanking cd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grenraven View Post
    There is no unhittable cap btw mate, only the cap which means you will never take a full strength hit, its called combat table coverage and you need to aim for 102.4% which from your point of view is Parry% + Dodge% + Block% +5% standard chance to miss
    Best of luck
    Yea I know , I didn't mean unhittable like I can't be hit anymore that's why I put it in quotes Should mention that I meant the combat table coverage, sorry my bad

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably bad, but it works for me (at least on normal mode)
    I eat worms right away when they come up to let the healers/dps move more freely, and save my cds for tantrums when there are no worms. Of course, I have been lucky a lot, never get more than 2 tantrums per "cycle"

Deleted
    I actually tank them near to the worms on the outside (not in the centre where Alysrazor does her claw thingy), when the hatching enrages it grows in size and it's hitbox increases size too. If you're tanking in the right spot the hatchling will grow and suddenly the worm is in range for it to devour the worm (where as before enrage, it's out of range and ignores the worm), this way you're almost guranteed for the hatchling to instantly loose it's enrage effect.

It's something you'll notice and eventually get used to, and it often means standing in range of the worms flame breath thing, but with a bit of dancing about you can easily move past that without repositioning the hatchling at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katallo View Post
    I actually tank them near to the worms on the outside (not in the centre where Alysrazor does her claw thingy), when the hatching enrages it grows in size and it's hitbox increases size too. If you're tanking in the right spot the hatchling will grow and suddenly the worm is in range for it to devour the worm (where as before enrage, it's out of range and ignores the worm), this way you're almost guranteed for the hatchling to instantly loose it's enrage effect.

It's something you'll notice and eventually get used to, and it often means standing in range of the worms flame breath thing, but with a bit of dancing about you can easily move past that without repositioning the hatchling at all.
    would you be able to post a screenshot of that?

also the percentage feeding works, atleast how i beleive our tanks are doing it. Rest is just kill in time. Having a druid thorns or a extra paladin for retribution are some nice considered damage increases

Deleted
    Erm we've killed Alysrazor this week, but I'll try to remember to take one next reset

It's literally 1-2 yards outside of their normal "nom nom" zone When they grow due to enrage their hitbox size increase, takes them inside this zone meaning they'll devour the worm, it's something I noticed randomly a few attempts after we started doing the boss and it's worked for me ever since.

Takes a little getting used to on the positioning though, it's just something you get a "feel" for.

Oh and to the OP, idk what tanking class you're playing but as a DK since the DS buff you'll unlikely need to use DPS trinkets, specially if you're running with a decent weapon - my DPS output on that fight is very high.
    Last edited by mmocb330372c0f; 2011-09-05 at 03:23 PM.

Many good comments here already, but I thought I might as well mention briefly how I handle the Hatchlings.
    I do not have an excact percentage point where I let the Hatchling eat the Worm, what I do is that I start by pulling the Hatchling out of the middle when it hatches, do some damage to it while watching it's Satiated/Hungry buff and positioning it so that when it gains the Hungry buff I'm close to the worm and slightly move to let it eat it. It's time to time decition when I let it eat the worm, but I try to avoid having it going into Tantrum. I do this two times, eating both worms in the first set.
    Usually I push through a Tantrum before the second set of worms spawn. To survive this I use Shield Wall and if needed Enraged Regeneration. The Tantrum is hardly noticeable on the incoming damage and Shield Wall is still ready for Alys' ground phase.
    Now the second set of worms is up and I repeat the procedure from the first set.

I'm doing this in tank gear, though with some changes to my gear to boost my expertise, and doing roughly 105k DPS.