10+ Year Old Account

Vindictus, how is it?

So I heard about this F2P Hack-N-Slash MMORPG called Vindictus. I watched some videos and it looks pretty good. What do you guys think, should I get it?

I got bored after a few hours. It was fun though.

Definitely. A lot of fun, and great for killing time or playing for a few weeks, taking a break and then coming back. Unless you pay for by the kilobyte or have a very low cap on your internet usage, there's no reason not to. Even if you do, IMO it's worth it.

Extreme fun for killing time. Excellent action MMO.

It kept me busy for about a week, then I got bored like I do most of the time. It's a great hack and slash time consumer.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I was on the site, about to download, and this video came up. The first thing I saw was "VALVe". The game is powered by Source???

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    So I was on the site, about to download, and this video came up. The first thing I saw was "VALVe". The game is powered by Source???
    Its an upgraded source engine and very well done...takes advantage of sources physics engine to the max it's awesome in that department .
    I love how you can pick up anything and everything and use it as a weapon including dead enemies .

I'd say it's a nice game to play in little bits of time.

It's fun to play with friends, pick up a large pillar and beat a boss to death with it, or throw bowls and plates at bosses, though it tends to get a little old quickly.

I played it for a short time.

The graphics were good, the physics engine was good - it's cool to throw objects and dead bodies.

Overall it's just what you described it as - hack n slash. It's not very fun by yourself.

The only part you see non grouped played is in the town hub .. otherwise everything is instanced .. so depends what you like.

Up to a point it's free to play. It's also free to download, so you have nothing to lose.

Its a fun fighting game for sure, its really easy to play in groups, its a challenge to solo somethings which is the fun part. At the same time though, it can be repetitive and grindy.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    I'm sorry, did I forget to mention that was at level like, 8? :P
    Are you talking about Evie?

Wait until you get scythe weapons, those fights won't last nearly as long.

It is a great game. The action model is much better than hotkey and the challenge of soloing what is supposed to be group content feels oh so much more rewarding. As it is an action game really what you can and can't do comes down to your own skill, gear (besides weapons) honestly has very little to do with how strong you are. Also if you like to dress up your characters you're in luck, inner armor (which cost real money) are cool but the gear itself in this game looks quite awesome, in fact on my Evie i keep my high-level armor set along with a cosmetic set with mixed and matched old gear which honestly doesn't hamper me much if i run content of my level.

Major downside to this game is it gets repetitive. Endless dungeon grinding is inevitable I'm afraid, just how the game is designed. Trash is more boring than threatening (for the most part a few exceptions) but bosses are usually rather entertaining. You can also play on a normal or hard difficulty which is always nice. There is even a Hero mode difficulty later which can be rather challenging. Really though to combat the tedium of rerunning dungeons i suggest having a friend play with you. That is what I did and I made it up to basically the max level on 2 different characters. Unfortunately there really isn't any end game to this but don't let that dismay you, I found the fun of this game is actually to level instead of being max level. There are high level raids, which can be quite fun but unlike wow you don't exactly get loot from them, more liike materials to craft loot. Also the crafting system is really bad.

But despite the few bad spots it is a great game I'd highly recommend trying out, as it is completely free. If it feels kind of boring at first give it to about level 25 or so. It does get harder and therefore more fun.

Also as for class choices:

Evie (Mage): is a lot of fun and a staff evie is quite powerful right now. She can also use a Scythe (which i play personally) which gives her a very cool grim reaper feel.
    Fiona (Defensive Fighter): I've had the most fun on her I'd say. She has a cool block-counter attack style of fighting but with a low dmg output. I solo most everything on her even if it comes down to trial and error on what I can and cannot counter.
    Lann: dual-wielding fast paced fighter. He is fun to play but I'll warn you now, he sucks. I'm sure I'll get people who disagree but he is sooooo bad compared to the other classes right now in living. A spear Lann in particular has such a crappy dodge that he basically just dies. Sword is a bit better at living but has a terrible damage output.
    Karok (Barbarian guy): He is overpowered in oh so many ways that the game becomes so freakin easy. He will massacre others in pvp so easily just because of his ability Shock Absorb. He hits like a truck, has the best and easiest to activate defense and well is just plainly overpowered.
    As you may suspect since they are names of people = a class you can't actually change your sex, so if that is a bother to you just keep it in mind.

Sorry formaking this so long lol, I love this game and just wanted to give a few pointers.

Certain fights can be challenging without grouping up with someone but overall it can get pretty boring as the layouts of the dungeons don't change that.