Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Prof "for fun" at end game

So, considering I do not raid anymore and I do pvp, the majority of my time at "end game" is spent going back and doing other quests for money, lore, and running older duengons... what prof(s) should I pick (for a paladin and a warlock)?

I started with mining/chanting on my paladin, but I'm finding myself at a brick wall once I hit 58 because getting chanting up to Outland level is crazy. It hit me that I might not even use it that much at 85 (considering what I do). Ideas? Suggestions?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you find fun? There are 11 professions. Pick 2.

Sarcasm aside, you said 'for fun' in your title, and you only say you do pvp. So do you want a useful profession? A money making profession? A profession to make stuff for your friends or that girl you've been interested in? Which one?

I pick engineering for the rocket boots (like you, I sometimes run old dungeons, and shaving a few minutes per dungeon from boosting is nice) and parachute. Can't fly? Want a short cut? Jump!
    Last edited by Fhi; 2011-09-04 at 07:21 PM.

Engineering is the most fun prof you can have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Engineering is also probably the most pratical. Rocket boots saves lives in PvP.

Also your signature is a quote by Yoda, and I'm pretty sure that picture is Gandalf, not Dumbledore... That might be the joke though. lol

enchanting and engineering
    enchanting for old enchating mats while soloing old inni
    engineering cause its simply the coolest profession

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Also your signature is a quote by Yoda, and I'm pretty sure that picture is Gandalf, not Dumbledore... That might be the joke though. lol
    It's a part of the "don't believe everything on the internet" jokes going on.

Other than that, yes, engineering is THE fun profession in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    This. It's also become extremely useful im both PVE and PVP for DMG boosts and survivability. It's a very strong profession atm.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

Engineering is the best PvP profession and the most fun generally

Deleted
    +1 for engineering.

What Corylyn said in #2 about rocket boots & parachutes.

What Bsod said in #5 about "old" enchanting mats from instances.

I also enjoyed soloing instances to get the repair-bot schematics for myself, so I could make my own Jeeves...

Throwing-down a target dummy in old instances is also good for the occasional laugh.

Only down-side is that now I'm afraid to drop Eng because it is such a pain to level - and I know I would probably miss at least a few of the toys.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.

Engineering is amazing for rogues. The 18k absorb shield you can apply to your belt allows you to restealth with dots on you. In a rogue versus rogue duel this is a huge advantage. Majority of rogue damage in PVP is through shadow dance, synapse springs has a 1 minute cooldown thus fits perfectly with shadowdance. You also get bombs, stealth detection glasses, parachute so you never die from a fall, nitro boost.. lots of other kewl shet.