Post Question for The SP community

So ive been reading some froums and and a few posts I saw something about to much haste.. Is there such thing? I do raid with a lock in a 10 man and i do get DI, it was just a question, i would link my armory but this is my first post so it will not let me my charcter is Gáld ( alt 0225) on US kilrogg

Thank you in advance

Deleted
    There is no limit to haste that you'll be reaching in this game right now under normal circumstances

Ty thats what I thought but I just wanted to make sure

---------- Post added 2011-09-04 at 02:11 PM ----------

1 more question is there a min mastary you should be at?

Quote Originally Posted by Galdran View Post
    1 more question is there a min mastary you should be at?
    Mastery and Crit don't have any min/max levels -- just get as much haste as you can and balance crit/mastery after getting a respectable level of hit/spirit.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

I am hit capped, I would link to my armory but I cant if you have any imput for reforges plese let me know.. also valor rings and necks... Are they any good? looking at the stats on them they dont seem very appealing.. although the Int is the only nice thing about them from my current 359 rings

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    There is no limit to haste that you'll be reaching in this game right now under normal circumstances
    Ummm, so going past the global cooldown for MB and VT is ok o.O?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Yes, it's a tiny proportion of what makes haste the best secondary stat for shadow. Reaching the GCD cap is the first point haste loses any value, it's by no means a hard cap of any kind.

The next point is when mindflay hits 1sec cast, which is an unreachable amount of haste outside of heroism / external buffs.

The final point is when your dots stop benefiting from haste, honestly I don't even know if that exists.

Deleted
    One milestone with haste is the old 30% (2586?). This is not only where VT gains another extra tick but the actual dot lasts longer. ie, instead of reducing the length of the dot, you increase the length but do more damage over that period of time. This is an important stage to reach as you can easily fit another mind flay in without needing to refresh.
    I tend to strive for this (even at the expense of intellect if im close to 30%) as its a pretty significant dps increase, especially if your MFclipping correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garricakes View Post
    One milestone with haste is the old 30% (2586?). This is not only where VT gains another extra tick but the actual dot lasts longer. ie, instead of reducing the length of the dot, you increase the length but do more damage over that period of time. This is an important stage to reach as you can easily fit another mind flay in without needing to refresh.
    I tend to strive for this (even at the expense of intellect if im close to 30%) as its a pretty significant dps increase, especially if your MFclipping correctly.
    It's massively unlikely that haste will be superior to int even if reaching 2589. At most it may be worth 0.8int and I'm being very generous with that number.
    Also a dot gaining a tick AND the dot lasting longer is all one and the same thing, you won't gain a tick and make the dot shorter.
    Really this magical 2589 number for haste has very few practical uses. There's maybe 2 situations where this number changes the value of haste enough to gear differently. 1) Whether you should gem reckless or brilliant in a yellow socket with a 10int bonus. 2) 65mastery vs 50haste glove enchant.

Past that it's really not going to change anything at all as far as gearing is concerned.

I always think this picture explains more than words:

It is with DI, but it is similar without except you need more haste.
    As you can see there are certain plateus in which haste is vastly superior to other secondary stats. After these plateus haste is still good, but the other secondary stats are close.

edit: the end of the haste plateu without DI and for non goblin priests are the often cited 2589

edit edit: not my graph, i don't know who the original author is
    Last edited by Lucapa; 2011-09-06 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    Double post, sorry guys.
    Last edited by mmoc2db11a14a8; 2011-09-04 at 11:21 PM. Reason: double post ftw

It's massively unlikely that haste will be superior to int even if reaching 2589. At most it may be worth 0.8int and I'm being very generous with that number.
    Pretty sure he was just responding to the OP about a haste level he should shoot for, not implying that haste > Int in general. If I recall correctly, it's equal to about 40 intellect; downgrading between a 378/365/359 item to stay above 30% would be another option besides switching around a gem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    That's only possible with ridiculous amounts of haste, like Sinestra buff+Bloodlust maybe, I wouldn't worry about that one situation though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lucapa's graph pretty much nails it
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

honestly I don't even know if that exists.
    It doesn't, unless it's a quite entirely unreachable value, can be easily tested with Cookie

10+ Year Old Account
    Test it with http://www.wowhead.com/spell=99461. It's unbelievable... I literally can't be fast enough to press everything.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Test it with http://www.wowhead.com/spell=99461. It's unbelievable... I literally can't be fast enough to press everything.
    Yea... I remember the first time I did that... I was shocked at how fast MF ended >< Basically if you hit it and blink it won't look like you had cast anything lol (aside from of course the GCD).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea... I remember the first time I did that... I was shocked at how fast MF ended >< Basically if you hit it and blink it won't look like you had cast anything lol (aside from of course the GCD).
    try clipping MF ticks with it

but yes, you're really smacking your head against the gcd cap there.
    However I've not noticed a cap to dots on that fight (it could just require MORE haste i guess)