How to block a specific page on google Chrome?

First of all, im not sure if this belongs here or in the general discussion boards, if its in a wrong place, move it please

So, here it goes.
    Theres this chick that im trying to get over, but i cant stop looking at her facebook page (in b4 stalker), and i dont want to block her via facebook, thus, deleting her from my list.

I seached around for some apps, but the only ones i could find blocked the whole facebook. Im looking for something that blocks specifically (this word exists?) the www.facebook.com/profilefromthechick, not the www.facebook.com

Is it possible? Can someone direct me to the right place?

10+ Year Old Account
    if your, router allows it you can add webpages for it to block. depends on your router though. But iv been there man, i ended up deleting a girl from my facebook i couldn't get over, its been 1 year and i'm still not over it. , it's hard to forget someone when things remind you of them, i have to see this person at uni almost everyday, but persevere man, it didn't work out for a reason so no point wasting away stuck on her, find anouther girl and love them instead of letting your love waste away , however its easier said than done, in that 1 year i have yet to find a girl i am willing to give my affection to like i did with the one im not over yet. enough love talk this forum is for COMPOOTERS!!!! *nerd mode engage*

as i said, check if you can blacklist sites via your router.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rubber band around wrist, drag it out and release every time you visit her FB page. You'll stop.

Simple problems, simple solutions =)
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    First of all, im not sure if this belongs here or in the general discussion boards, if its in a wrong place, move it please

So, here it goes.
    Theres this chick that im trying to get over, but i cant stop looking at her facebook page (in b4 stalker), and i dont want to block her via facebook, thus, deleting her from my list.

I seached around for some apps, but the only ones i could find blocked the whole facebook. Im looking for something that blocks specifically (this word exists?) the www.facebook.com/profilefromthechick, not the www.facebook.com

Is it possible? Can someone direct me to the right place?
    The problem is if you make the change, you're the one who made the change and as such can undo it. It's all willpower in making yourself stop.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Wish I had done that at one point in the past, I'd probably have just undone the block though. I can't help you though I'm afraid other than suggesting you might have to be brutal and just remove her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    found this site, the app doesnt even exists anymore

1. Open notepad.
    2. Then:
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc
    3. drag the file called "hosts" in to the notepad window
    4. add the following line at the bottom
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com
    4. Select File->Save
    5. Done
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-09-05 at 12:00 PM. Reason: correcting stuff

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    1. Open notepad.
    2. Then:
    for 32 bit OS open in windows explorer:
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc
    for 64 bit OS open in windows explorer:
    %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\drivers\etc\
    3. drag the file called "hosts" in to the notepad window
    4. add the following line at the bottom
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 www.facebook.com
    4. Select File->Save
    5. Done
    He doesn't want to block the entire domain, just a specific page. Which isn't something commonly done, and even if there is a way, since he's making the change, he can easily undo it.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

He will need a better self control then.
    And a week or two without facebook wouldn't hurt anyone. By then he will be over the whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't you block the user from Facebook?
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Nop, I can't, it deletes her from my contacts. And thats something I can't do, since she still holds professional interest

10+ Year Old Account
    oh, erm, you can hide all her updates from being posted to your wall? see if that helps you? and if you'tr trying to get over her why not just remove her anyway?

Willpower will be your best bet. Otherwise look into filtering using the inbuilt Firewall in your home router.