Page 1 of 13
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Question ARE YOU SCARED YET? - Share your creepy, paranormal, unexplainable experiences here!

    When it gets dark, evil comes out to play.

    Have you ever had a creepy, other-wordly, supernatural or otherwise unexplainable experience?
    If so then please share and don't leave out any of the juicy details!



    I'll start with something freaky that happened to me last night:


    Outside my window last night, around 1 A.M., there was a whole lot of mist and fog, so much that you could barely see in front of you. It had never been like this before. Then around 1:30 A.M. there was this extremely eerie glowing white light coming from the mist and something told me not to go closer and not to open my window, it felt like some strange presence was warning me not to get close.

    I had never seen anything of the sort coming from my window before and it was both terrifying and intriguing. I wondered what my fate would be if I decided to move closer and found it best not to. Suddenly my curiosity got the best of me and against my better judgement, I opened the window........And as I stood there......staring deeply into the light.......prepared for the end......nothing happened. lawl.

    Now tell me your experiences!

  2. #2
    Epic! Lilcheeks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    BOSTON, MA
    Posts
    1,502
    Are we looking for more fictional tales here?

    I've stayed at haunted inns before hoping for something exciting, never had anything interesting like that happen though.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Are we looking for more fictional tales here?

    I've stayed at haunted inns before hoping for something exciting, never had anything interesting like that happen though.
    Erm that wasn't fiction. That actually happened to me last night.

  4. #4
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    113
    It was late at night and I felt a bit hungry.. I walked downstairs- each foot creaking. I reached the fridge, it slowly opened with a flickering light. As the light came on fully I screamed in horror!

    THERE WAS A BITE TAKEN OUT OF MY SANDWICH.

  5. #5
    Fluffy Kitten ForsakenFrodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,229
    *Turns off TV to go to sleep*
    *Forgets to turn off laptop*
    *Remembers that the laptop is still on*
    *Turns light on*
    *Sees big ass scary spider on the wall next to the bed*
    *Shits pants*
    *Kills spider*
    *Shuts laptop off*
    *Sees one more fucking spider*
    *Doesn't sleep for the next 2 hours*

    Worst night ever.
    League of Legends, Video Games & General Off-Topic mod. PM me with any concerns you may have.

  6. #6
    I dream of scary shit every night.

    Tonight, i experienced pleasure of being dragged down to the bottom of the well, by the chain and bucket, that miraculously wrapped my neck.
    Water Well was quite deep, at first it was painful, unable to breath, but after some time pain vanished, and i saw only darkness...

    After that, as usual, i woke up screaming...

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria/Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,025
    That wasn't paranormal bud, you just got scared shitless by fog outside. You scared yourself into thinking you shouldn't approach it when all you would have gotten was damp.

  8. #8
    Bloodsail Admiral Koen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuric View Post
    It was late at night and I felt a bit hungry.. I walked downstairs- each foot creaking. I reached the fridge, it slowly opened with a flickering light. As the light came on fully I screamed in horror!

    THERE WAS A BITE TAKEN OUT OF MY SANDWICH.
    Hahaha, I didn't expect it to end quite like that!

    Nothing paranormal happened to me, nor do I believe in it. You do realize your brain can create fantasies and make them seem real when you are for example scared of the fog.

  9. #9
    I once had a dream that there was this bright light outside my window, so I moved away the curtain and saw outside a U.F.O hanging above the house on the other side of the street, shortly after I just blacked out.
    Your post doesn't deserve a slot in my thread! But it would make the perfect coaster for my drink!

  10. #10
    The Patient Chauncey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    291
    True story inc:

    Me and my girlfriend were sitting in the sofa in her house watching tv, her parents were out of town, and we were dogsitting little Edward. A young and playful dog, and he never goed further than 10 meters from you, he's very social. So the dog was sitting in between us, and me being rather fond of animals, am observing him more than actually watching tv.

    I get fascinated by how he seems to be following something very closely, and I peer my eyes to try and find the little insect or light he's following. Nothing. I take a better look and see if he isn't reacting to flashings of the television screen, but his eyes are fixated somewhere totally different. Then, he suddenly starts growling. His eyes closely fixated on one spot where there was nothing. I know the dog, and the growl was of a more aggresive/defensive nature, and he never looked away once, even as me and my girlfriend were going all "wtf".

    The scariest part is ofc the ending as with all scary stories, the growling got louder and was added to with barking until the point I feel a cold gust of air and all goes silent. Edward is again paying attention to us and acting as normal, and whatever grabbed his intrest, was no longer there.

  11. #11
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    The only oddly paranormal things that have ever to happened to me both happened while driving home from work. To preface this, I used to work at McDonald's that was about 20 minutes from my house. To get there and back I would take back roads that were about 75% cornfields. The first incident happened at roughly midnight on my drive home. As I was driving down a road that has zero street lights as it is totally country, I swear I saw a kid run in front of my car chasing a ball and look directly at me as I ran through it. Obviously I didn't hit anyone and I mostly associate it with being tired(not from work obviously as working at McDonalds is loleasy zero effort work).

    The second incident happened at roughly the same time while driving a different direction home. I was driving down another back street that forms a shortcut between two main roads where the Vets office is located. I swear I saw something flying through the air and then it shined down an incredibly bright light in the direction of the office's yard. I was roughly a quarter of a mile away when I saw it and it was incredibly bright. It could have been a helicopter and the brightness was just a perception issue, but it would have had to have been a chopper that was completely silent and not even remotely close to where you would typically see one.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey View Post
    True story inc:

    Me and my girlfriend were sitting in the sofa in her house watching tv, her parents were out of town, and we were dogsitting little Edward. A young and playful dog, and he never goed further than 10 meters from you, he's very social. So the dog was sitting in between us, and me being rather fond of animals, am observing him more than actually watching tv.

    I get fascinated by how he seems to be following something very closely, and I peer my eyes to try and find the little insect or light he's following. Nothing. I take a better look and see if he isn't reacting to flashings of the television screen, but his eyes are fixated somewhere totally different. Then, he suddenly starts growling. His eyes closely fixated on one spot where there was nothing. I know the dog, and the growl was of a more aggresive/defensive nature, and he never looked away once, even as me and my girlfriend were going all "wtf".

    The scariest part is ofc the ending as with all scary stories, the growling got louder and was added to with barking until the point I feel a cold gust of air and all goes silent. Edward is again paying attention to us and acting as normal, and whatever grabbed his intrest, was no longer there.
    I assume your gf didn't want to sleep alone that night aye?

  13. #13
    I once had to stay here - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...h_Florida.html

    Also, my entire house just shook.

  14. #14
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpieboi View Post
    I once had to stay here - http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...h_Florida.html

    Also, my entire house just shook.
    You must live on the East Coast of the US.

  15. #15
    When I was about 7 or so (I don't remember how old I was.. not important anyway) I went outside during winter and looked up into the clear sky, spotting beautiful stars.

    And then I thought I saw santa claus on his sleigh. While I knew he didn't exist it has still been a moment that brought many thoughts up about what it might have/might not have been.

  16. #16
    Nothing supernatural, but a few months ago I was riding back to the city I live in with two friends and decided to take a short-cut along some canals. Took about 10 minutes before it went dark and the fog became so thick I could barely see the rider just infront of me, was like something out of Left 4 Dead. I loved it .

  17. #17
    OP that girl in the picture actually looks hot.

  18. #18
    The Patient Chauncey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    I assume your gf didn't want to sleep alone that night aye?
    TBH I was freaked out more than her :P She's kinda made peace with "there's paranormal stuff" and I've never experienced something as intense as that ever :P

  19. #19
    Conscript, well apparently there's a legend about a woman and a small child who died long ago in a hit and run. They walk around at night and stand on bridges or other dangerous roads and they randomly pop out in front of the driver at night.

    Most drivers swerve immediately to avoid killing the mother and child and plunge to their deaths.

  20. #20
    Dreadlord goneloco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    870
    theres this lock on one of the toilets in my fathers house that sometimes locks itself. we have tried to disemble it and see if anything is wrong but it seems to be fine.
    its kinda creepy when i visit and while im trying to sleep suddenly hears the lock turning in the hallway just outside the door.

    i personally dont believe that ghost exist and i actually think theres some mechanical problem with the lock but it is a true story.
    Last edited by goneloco; 2011-08-23 at 06:51 PM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •