Yet another "new computer thread"

Hi,

So, Iv been on the idea of upgradin my computer a bit.

The things that I need is CPU, GPU, Mobo and rams.

so I was thinking something along the lines of.

I5 2500k
    Asus GTX 560 DCII OC
    Asus P8P67 LE B3
    Corsair Vengeance 8 GB Kit

And for aftermarket cooler for the CPU I was thinking of the Antec Kuhler 620 for 49,90€.

This build adds up to 586,50€.

Budget is around 600-650 tops, is there anything you guys would change out?
    Oh an comments on the CPU cooler please, I have seen good benchmarks with it but go no experience with closed system liquid coolers.

I've only read one review on the Antec Kuhler, and apparently it's noisy and inefficient compared to the A70 or even high end air solutions. Granted, that was only one review.

The other components look good, it's not hard to do a 2500K build right. Just make sure the RAM is rated for 1.500V.
    Super casual.

Deleted
    Go with a Hyper 212+ as GPU cooler. And 6870 as GPU.

Deleted
    I should go and read the thread first. Sorry about that. I'm using amazon.de for the prices, because they'll be in € more accurately.

i5 2500k - €176
    Hyper 212+ - €33
    MSI 560Ti - €200 (I prefer this one) /////OR///// MSI 6870 - €220
    Corsair Vengenace 8gb 1600Mhz - €46

This brings you up to about €455. As far as the motherboard goes, you may want to think about futureproofing and get one that supports PCI3.0 for when Ivy Bridge comes out, to get faster graphics, or you may just want to go with a solid brand name. There are a couple of new MSI ones that will suppot PCI-3.0, but you'd have to look them up because they always slip my mind. In terms of solid brands for motherboards, Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI are good bets.

(These two don't do what I just mentioned, but they are good motherboards all the same.)
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3 - €152 /////OR///// Asus P8Z68-V Pro - €170

That drops you at the €600-650 mark depending which options you go for. Have fun
    Last edited by mmoc46e92a5b5a; 2011-09-05 at 10:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Gigabyte Z68-UD4 will support intels 22nm Ivybridge.

http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/prod...?pid=3849#bios

Click on downloads - switch download type to BIOS and look at the version called F8.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    I've only read one review on the Antec Kuhler, and apparently it's noisy and inefficient compared to the A70 or even high end air solutions. Granted, that was only one review.

The other components look good, it's not hard to do a 2500K build right. Just make sure the RAM is rated for 1.500V.
    I have an antec kuhler and it's dead silent and keeps my cpu ice cold...
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.