Old Blizzard project that never saw the light?

I seem to remember, back in 98 or 99, buying a PC GAMER magazine, that came with a cd (with games and mostly demos), and on it was a RPG-like 2d cartoon animated cell game (or maybe my memory is fuzzy on that), which depicted how humans discovered baby Thrall and how he was raised in Durnholde Keep and... I remember a picture of a human handling baby Thrall, hands in the air... not even sure how the game would go about...

What was that game to be? As far as I know it never saw the light of day, I think it was dropped for incoming Warcraft III (I think that was the story back then).

15+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a real pity that they didn't do it, as I think it would have given them a chance to hone their storytelling skills, and we'd probably have got a better story through WoW as a result, especially if it was successful enough to warrant sequels etc.

Deleted
    Lord of the Clans, I think it was going to be like Monkey Island type of game.

Yes thank you for the quick answer! I still think it would have been cool...

On the Wiki: http://www.youtube.com/user/0manbiker0
    Videos of the game to be... wow it's ugly, when you see it from today's perspective hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still say Blizz should go back and finish this game along with StarCraft Ghost, I don't see why they don't look for a good reputable game company to finish the games instead if they themselves are to busy on new projects. I am sure there would be tons of smaller/newer companies out there jumping at the chance to prove their skills especially to a major company like Blizzard.

Reminds me of a lot of other great games I couldn't wait to play but never ended up getting released like Sonic Xtreme, EarthBound 64 and Mario's Wacky Worlds.

At least this inst as stupid as Nintendo never releasing Star Fox 2 even though the game was pretty much 100% finished.

Also I am not sure but I don't think the game was so much stopped because of WarCraft III but more like the adventure game genre was sort of dieing out at the time, I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2011-09-05 at 11:53 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I still say Blizz should go back and finish this game along with StarCraft Ghost, I don't see why they don't look for a good reputable game company to finish the games instead if they themselves are to busy on new projects. I am sure there would be tons of smaller/newer companies out there jumping at the chance to prove their skills especially to a major company like Blizzard.
    On the "unofficial" Blizzard product slate some months back, it said Starcraft Phoenix. I'm thinking Phoenix will be Ghost making a comeback.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    and we'd probably have got a better story through WoW as a result
    but worse story in warcraft 3 instead... we would have entire orc campaign taken out

---------- Post added 2011-09-05 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    On the "unofficial" Blizzard product slate some months back, it said Starcraft Phoenix. I'm thinking Phoenix will be Ghost making a comeback.
    would make sense, starcraft had codename hydra hence the 3 parts (like 3 hydra heads), and phoenix = reborn, so starcraft phoenix might be reborn starcraft ghost

here is the list of Blizzard canceled games
    http://www.unseen64.net/2008/05/27/b...ncelled-games/

there are "few" more

thanks for sharing!

There are 2 famous games of Blizzard that never saw the light. It's Starcraft:Ghost and Warcraft Adventures:Lord of Clan. Rob Pardo said that SC:Ghost didn't meet Blizzard quality but he think there would have been many companies that would release SC:Ghost in that state O_O. I really wanna see.