Question intel core i5 2500k, asus radeon 6870 DirectCU

I've decided to buy a new computer and come up with these parts. Hoping to play wow, bf3, gw2, minecraft etc on utra or at least full settings. I have no plans of OC atm, couse i have no idea how to do it tbh xP.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k

GPU: ASUS Radeon HD 6870 DirectCU

PSU: Corsair TX650 or a 500w if the 650w is not necessary

Case: In-Win-Faqua (4 fans incl, room: 21x50.6 x48.5)

or a Cooler Master Elite 430 (1 fan incl, room: 19x49 x42.4)

MOBO: While i have no intesions of Crossfire atm, i may decide to do so in a year or two, that's why i chose p67 istead of h67, i'm aware that z68 may be better, but not sure if that's for gaming.
    ASUS P8P67, does it matter if i use PRO/EVO/Deluxe that much?

RAM: Either the: (note, kingston is 1.65v, corsair 1,50v.)
    Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9

Storage: HDD, Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB

OD: Choose a cheap one with SATA and 24x
    Lite-On DVD±RW Writer IHAS124-19

I can't post any links yet, but i described the parts best i could.
    Again, i have no instentions of Overclocking now, but maybe later, CF two radeon 6870 perhaps.
    If anyone can tell me if parts don't fit or have any advice to come with, i would be very grateful

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you plan to overclock and run Crossfire in the future you need either the P67 or Z68 board. The differences between the pro/evo/deluxe will be number of USB2/3 ports, integrated video, number of PCI slots, etc. My only advice is to compare all three and see which one suits your needs the best.

If you plan to Crossfire in the future you will want to stick with the TX650. Also if you plan to overclock in the future you will want to purchase an aftermarket CPU cooler such as the Coolermaster Hyper 212.

Hey.

Not sure if this will help but i see alot of people recommending 560 ti as a great card you could also wait 3-4 months for the new ati 7000 series but anyones quess if thats to long and or how much better they will be.
    I see overclockers.uk are selling your 6870 looking for + you get a free deus ex game to boot so if you go that route its a nice little extra.

Anyways gl with ur new system

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnights View Post
    Hoping to play bf3 on utra or at least full settings. )
    i'd go for a 6950/6970 or a gtx 570 personally.

bf3 sure, minecraft? a 10 years old pc should do.

Question whatever you take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    bf3 sure, minecraft? a 10 years old pc should do.

lol You'd be surprised about minecraft... Java is so bloated

Deleted
    Should be able to run BF3, not sure about minecraft tho...

Deleted
    Ain't able to run bf 3 on near ultra, due to it being very graphic instense, dice stated that a gtx 580 would be enough to run it on ultra, so no chance a 6870 would do it ...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still say any talk about what BF3 can and will run is all conjecture since no one has the recommended specs available to them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1 View Post
    Ain't able to run bf 3 on near ultra, due to it being very graphic instense, dice stated that a gtx 580 would be enough to run it on ultra, so no chance a 6870 would do it ...
    They said it would run SAFETLY on a 580. With the 6870 he might get medium-high.

If you have no plans to overclock get the i5 2500, 10 dollars less than the unlocked (overclocking) processor, but it's up to your really. The graphics card is sufficient for what you linked, though at ultra for some games it will feel sluggish (my 6970 works well with multi-monitor BC3). As said before, look into as many pcie x16/x8 slots as you can since it improves your chances of upgrading in the future. If you want next gen games to run on ultra (16x AA, etc) you're gonna need a better GPU or crossfire off the bat. To be honest though you can pick and choose some settings and get ultra on that card (shadows are extremely graphics intensive, so just turn them to moderate or low and it'll run ultra fine on everything else).

The P8P67 itself doesn't support SLI/Crossfire. You need the PRO/EVO/Deluxe for that.

DICE said that 580 sli will safely run it, 1 580 will prolly get you to high, not ultra.
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    I still say any talk about what BF3 can and will run is all conjecture since no one has the recommended specs available to them.
    I was in alpha, I have the recommended specs.

Cheers for he quick replies. Won't be buying 2 cards for Crossfire yet, so i'll wait with buying a GPU aswell. Will get a Pro/evo mobo and look into which fits best for upgrades. I was not sure what BF3's system requirments was and i thank you for clearing up my lack of information :P
    Won't be albe to run everything on high, but i believe i can turn down some of the high-required graphics and still get a decend playing-exp

my bet is gtx570/80 and i7 2600K (2600K have very rich OC potential, up to stable 4+GHz with default cooler). everything other is just fine. i can not tell very much about AMD Radeon, i'd prefer nVidia. as said before, 500W PSU will not enough if you install second videocard
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния