10+ Year Old Account

How Would You React If...

If the Deathwing raid had a 30% buff? There's an 8 page thread about the ICC buff on the official forums so I want to see how you would react if it were to happen again.

Dissapointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    it was a silly mechanic then, and it would be again if they reintroduce it. The big numbers were fun for a while tho.

still doesnt help morons in icc to survive defile on lich king, and thats awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    still doesnt help morons in icc to survive defile on lich king, and thats awesome.
    This. It will pretty much just help the people who are very close to downing it, and make it easier for those that already have. Unless the fight has really easy mechanics that you have to try to fuck up in order to die, no amount of HP/DMG increase will help. More defile like mechanics imo, ones where you wipe if you mess it up too badly, regardless of how geared you are.

buffs don't fix poor play. i'm completely indifferent towards an icc type buff since i feel no sense of entitlement in a game.

I'd be fine with it. It makes it easier for all player to see the end content, and that's fine. The best players will get it first, does the rest really matter? I don't understand why people get so pissed that others can do the same content once Blizz makes it easier. You did it when it was "hard," is your self esteem really that fragile?

I found that the big numbers, the ability to dick around a bit on regular modes, and the accessibility it gave to alts and pugs actually made the ICC raiding tier more fun, after the initial challenge. Because the buff ramped up over time, we got the best of both worlds without the need for a sudden, massive nerf.

Very disappointed.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'd be fine with it. It makes it easier for all player to see the end content, and that's fine. The best players will get it first, does the rest really matter? I don't understand why people get so pissed that others can do the same content once Blizz makes it easier. You did it when it was "hard," is your self esteem really that fragile?

I found that the big numbers, the ability to dick around a bit on regular modes, and the accessibility it gave to alts and pugs actually made the ICC raiding tier more fun, after the initial challenge. Because the buff ramped up over time, we got the best of both worlds without the need for a sudden, massive nerf.
    Well, that's not it, it automatically gets so boring for us, too. Unless they leave heroic untouched.

It's really not hard, if people would put the same effort in their toons as they do whining on forums it's so hard, everything'd be easy for them, too. :/

i wouldnt care, its not like you cant turn it off
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

I'm pretty neutral about it, over all. Whatever Blizz does, we'll deal with...

Ego speaking, though - I almost expect them to give the buff, but were they to do so, I'd rather they waited longer to put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    Well, that's not it, it automatically gets so boring for us, too. Unless they leave heroic untouched.

It's really not hard, if people would put the same effort in their toons as they do whining on forums it's so hard, everything'd be easy for them, too. :/
    I don't know, I tend to find that the raids get boring regardless of whether the difficulty has been untouched, after the patch has been out a month or two. ICC was stale long before the buff ever even reached the 20% mark, nevermind 30%.

Also, they ALWAYS had the option of turning the ICC buff OFF, it's playing with it is boring for you. So, I don't understand that particular argument. No one is forcing you to play with the buff, unlike when Blizz nerfs encounters across the board.

Just have them make specific "bonus" achievements so people can prove they did encounters buffless, to satisfy the "I did it when it was hard, I'm better than you," people.