Thread: Enemy Rez Timer

Enemy Rez Timer

Anybody know of an addon that allows you to see the enemy rez timer in RBG's? This would be an invaluable asset to any RBG team to time wipes and when to and not to kill someone. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe I am just missing something and enemy rez is the same time as our rez? I dont know. Somebody clear this up for me please

10+ Year Old Account
    The enemy rez is the same as your rez, unless something wonky happens.

I've got a 30 second timer on a loop that I start the first time I rez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Rez is 45 seconds....

And if you watch it. Inbetween rez times, there is probably about 1-2 seconds before the next countdown starts. So by 10 minutes into the match, your timer will be WAAAYYYY off.

There are no mods?

10+ Year Old Account
    /shrug, it's 30 seconds. And it's worked for me for the last 6 years. Ymmv
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Dusteyy View Post
    Rez is 45 seconds....
    Going to have to agree with Stanton Biston. I've never seen a res timer anywhere near 45 seconds. I do see the occasional 1-2 second delay between ressing, but 1-2 seconds is not 15 seconds.

As for an add-on that tracks it.. .I don't know of any, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    /shrug, it's 30 seconds. And it's worked for me for the last 6 years. Ymmv
    Do I need to take a screenshot of me with a 44 second rez timer? Cause I will if it will save you from your ignorance.

You realize im talking RBG's here correct?

Reg random bgs have 30 sec timers. RBG (rated battlegrounds) have 45 sec timers.

Quote Originally Posted by niftychicksta View Post
    Reg random bgs have 30 sec timers. RBG (rated battlegrounds) have 45 sec timers.
    Ofc. I was taking for granted that people would not plan "wipes" or "kills" around rez timers in random bg's. Sorry for assuming intelligence?

I wanna say it doesn't start counting down till someone is actually dead? Not sure about that. but we def keep people alive at certain nodes (in resource games) just so they cant group up and zerg something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niftychicksta View Post
    pretty sure random wsg is 31.5 seconds or so. I took some time to try to calculate it and found that that multiple came closest over the length of a 25 min bg.

I looked for an addon to simplify keeping up with it, none found.

edit - if I had kept playing wow (quit due to disgust with the number of bots), i would very likely have gone to freelancer and found someone to write said addon. keeping that key healer dead another rez cycle is just too useful to ignore.

---------- Post added 2011-09-10 at 04:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dusteyy View Post
    Ofc. I was taking for granted that people would not plan "wipes" or "kills" around rez timers in random bg's. Sorry for assuming intelligence?
    Apology accepted, won't expect intelligence from you.

If you play to win and enjoy rather than some other goal, it is helpful to know when to kill enemy healer again to keep him in gy 25+ seconds, not 5.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2011-09-10 at 05:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally spaced. Years of playing reg BGs versus months of RBGs.

Same thing will work though. Regardless of your perceived lag, you can calibrate a simple timer to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Totally spaced. Years of playing reg BGs versus months of RBGs.

Same thing will work though. Regardless of your perceived lag, you can calibrate a simple timer to work.
    There was an addon for classic that allegedly had the timer in it, bg commander or something.

WSG would be easy, 31.5 second loop, the other bg's I don't know if capturing a gy makes it start it's own cycle or it syncs with some default state. anecdotally I seem to remember waiting in ab gy, having some time left, then losing that node and being moved to another gy with a different amount of time.

edit - for ab av etc this would be pretty easy to test, just put raid frames up and see if all your dead riez at once or all but one who didnt release or whtaever, and that will prove there is a single cycle, regardless of gy caps etc. by using a digital stopwatch, you can write down your rez time over bg's and be able to get a useful divisor, or can test the 30 second one someone put or my 31.5 second one.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2011-10-03 at 05:41 PM.

Deleted
    BG res timers work off a wave system, everyone rezzes at the same time i tihnk, i always noticed that when campin GYs

Maybe you should explain further rather than expecting people to know exactly what you're talking about, makes YOU seem the less intelligent.
    Playing since 2007.