Deleted

Dropping tailoring for another profession?

Hello all,

I've been wondering about having tailoring as a profession these days, as the crafted gear is all BoE and has non-tailoring alternatives. I'm currently rolling with tailoring and enchanting and have access to all other professions on other characters.

Would it net me a dps increase to go for a profession with a static int increase or does the embroidery even out in the end?

With regards

10+ Year Old Account
    As I'm pretty sure that Tailoring is one of the BEST mage professions because Lightweave is about 110 static int taking into account procs. But keep in mind this is just heresay, i'm sure someone will come along that can maybe give you solid numerical values, but as far as I'm aware, Tailoring + JC/Engi/Ench is the best combo.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Tailoring is one of the better professions for casters. I'm not sure which spec you play, but let's assume Arcane. Admittedly, it has the least benefit for arcane, but consider that Lightweave proccing is higher int, which provides more max mana for your arcane armor to regen, more spellpower if you want to pop a small cooldown in, heck, if you get a proc right before evocate, that's more mana regenning than normal. I would keep Lightweave, as at the start of a fight, you'll generally get Power Torrent and Lightweave proccing together, and that initial burst of dps and extra mana regen it provides at the start really helps in getting into the rhythm of the fight. Personally, I believe Tailoring/Engineering is the best combo for its burst potential (Power Torrent, Lightweave, Synapse Springs, and at least one trinket, if not two).

TL;DR: It evens out, and surpasses (imo) static int.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies chaps, if it evens out (or beats it) I see no need to change :-)

Tailoring is not 'one of the', it's the absolute best DPS profession. Second is engineering if you can use all the small tricks it can provide, third is JC.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

The tailoring bonus is actually better than Power Torrent; longer duration, more int, same ICD. Once you've attained a decent level of gear, you can use the proc to decide if you need the regen, or if mana is good, you can squeeze in an ABx4 or two.

another vote for "drop Tailoring? Why?" since it's the best Mage prof bar none.

Lightweave is just sexy.
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tailoring as said above is the BEST profession, considering how good intellect is for arcane I'm really surprised Mythrilshotgun said it has the LEAST benefit for arcane when it has the biggest possible benefit for arcane above any other spec. Don't drop it.

i had tailoring since forever on my mage, paired with enchanting.... but tailoring always where boring as fudge, so i dropped it for engineering... and my pewpew-powers where even a bit better, and i got the gloveenchant for my burnphase that is just aces, and engineering is way way more fun stuff.
    Last edited by mikabob; 2011-09-06 at 06:47 AM.

Deleted
    Tailoring, enchanting ,JCing etc all offer roughly the same static stat increase so it's not worth droping for something else also 1 thing everyone else has missed is your leg enchants only cost 2 thread which is always great

static
    ...and this is goddamn irrelevant for arcane mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.