10+ Year Old Account

Question [Suggestion] Stop me if you've heard this one before

MMO-C should start covering MMOs other than WoW.

The time is ripe to start covering SW:TOR first and foremost. Hell, there's already a super thread people from other sites COME HERE to get concrete information about it from. Seeing as MMO-C is now a part of the Curse Network Garfield can't say he doesn't have the manpower to do it. Well, that and some new mods were just added to the roster if I'm not mistaken.

The manpower's there. To hell with what the majority thinks. Increase traffic and popularity by embracing diversity! It's always annoyed the crap outta me people cry about change to WoW itself they disagree with. At least with MMO-C, personal opinion rarely matters, yes?

...Of course I'm aware the same could be said for this suggestion but at least I presented it in a far less arrogant manner than what I've seen lately ^_^

Disclaimer: My use of the word Garfield is a term of endearment in referral to Boubouille
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    SW isn't even out yet?

I believe that the reasoning behind giving everything that isnt out yet a thread, is cleanliness.
    Once the game comes out, and rivals WoW, maybe then MMOC will look into "covering it"

Good suggestion... but Curse has already gotten another site for its swtor news: Darth Hater

http://darthhater.com/

New mods - not yet.

Manpower isn't necessarily the issue. At the end of the day, the fanbase that is the majority of this website is very Blizzard loyal, which is why we can get away with D3/SC2 information *here and there,* but other games entirely don't really draw a crowd. I'm afraid we may just have to trust Bibi's judgement on this one =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    New mods - not yet.

Manpower isn't necessarily the issue. At the end of the day, the fanbase that is the majority of this website is very Blizzard loyal, which is why we can get away with D3/SC2 information *here and there,* but other games entirely don't really draw a crowd. I'm afraid we may just have to trust Bibi's judgement on this one =)
    I don't recall saying I don't trust his judgement or anyone else doesn't for that matter.

Just saying unless the Curse Network is actually owned by Blizzard and therefore you're not "allowed" to cover other MMOs there's nothing to lose in starting to cover "the competition". It's a win-win situation if MMO-C starts covering other MMOs. The Blizzard fans/supporters can't complain because they know MMO-C will continue to cover WoW/Diablo 3/Star Craft II/Titan. At the same time it'll bring in traffic for people following other MMOs and there won't be as many "news droughts" like we've been having lately.

...Just something to think about it. Tell me what you think, Sunshine ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    The manpower's there. To hell with what the majority thinks. Increase traffic and popularity by embracing diversity! It's always annoyed the crap outta me people cry about change to WoW itself they disagree with. At least with MMO-C, personal opinion rarely matters, yes?
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority". MMO-Champion is primarily a WoW website and will stay this way for a while, people come here for WoW news not for something else. We might start slightly covering other games at the bottom of news posts every now and then but will never go batshit full scale on that.

Diablo 3 is a slightly different case, because it's a Blizzard game, and it's basically a filler for days without WoW news since D3-heavy days tend to kill the time community managers have to spend on WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority". MMO-Champion is primarily a WoW website and will stay this way for a while, people come here for WoW news not for something else. We might start slightly covering other games at the bottom of news posts every now and then but will never go batshit full scale on that.

Diablo 3 is a slightly different case, because it's a Blizzard game, and it's basically a filler for days without WoW news since D3-heavy days tend to kill the time community managers have to spend on WoW.
    ...I phrased that last sentence the way I did so that anyone reading it will know I was being sarcastic (which I'm sure you already knew and if not...not my problem).

Let's go with this example, then: When The Burning Crusade was first announced, the WoW Community was split on the news. The overwhelming majority embraced the changes it would bring while the El--*AHEM*--"Traditionalists" lamented what they perceived as "the death of WoW as they knew it". Two expansions later. WoW is still around. Sure people have quit over the years because of changes made, etc. but it didn't "kill WoW" as they hoped it would. THAT would be silly, yes?

...I'll accept your answer in regards to my original suggestion. I would have preferred Sunshine's thoughts on the subject but I'll live. What you say now and how things pan out within the next 3-5 years are two different things.

You'll change your mind on this between now and 2016.

How do I know?

Experience.

So basically your prediction is that within 5 years, a MMO already losing subscribers is going to lose subscribers, and new games might be released, including a MMO from Blizzard we already know about that we might start covering? Okay.

But if your experience tells you that spamming news from multiple games on the front page is going to increase traffic, you're very very wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically your prediction is that within 5 years, a MMO already losing subscribers is going to lose subscribers, and new games might be released, including a MMO from Blizzard we already know about that we might start covering? Okay.

But if your experience tells you that spamming news from multiple games on the front page is going to increase traffic, you're very very wrong.
    I never said Titan (which we know about of course) was off the table. In fact, I'm feeling bold enough to say that'll be the next thing to be covered at least part-time at first.

The other E-Word I'm thinking of is evolution. When interests change, Marketing 101 kicks in. You simply start coving the things that are newsworthy. I left it unsaid but WoW will eventually be history. Maybe not between now and 2016 but it will eventually.

...I seem to recall you announced the Beta Opt-In for Age of Empires Online earlier this year on the front page. I've since bought the game. As for the multiple games thing, you can be blunt with me. Just pick a game or two Blizzard didn't make that you think folks might want to know about. The details in terms what's newsworthy would be the usual: Release dates, Alpha and Beta info, etc. It doesn't have to be anything more than that and if folks aren't interested you don't cover it, simple as that.

I've studied business in College (as I'm sure you have) and am by no means an expert. I do know that like Darwin once said, the (companies) most receptive to change are the ones most likely to survive. If you take that to mean I'm saying MMO-C is going to crash and burn I'm not.

It would shake things up if people found out Boubouille randomly covered games outside Blizzard as well xD

There was something else I could've said to that but it would be beating the dead Dreadsteed with a Kobold Mallet >.>;

I heart you very much.

If you want to see loads of diverse game news spamming one site that's fine and all... but I wouldn't want to see MMO-Champ brought down to that. I can understand a few other games, but it's very simple to bookmark other sites for interesting game news on your other must plays.
    ☼Tanks are the earth. Healers are the sun. DPS are the asteroids bouncing around the universe asking if anyone saw how they wiped out those dinosaurs.☼
    As much as I'd like to screw every single one of you, no, we don't "screw the majority".